Thread: UW Enduring Ideal

Threaded View

Re: UW Enduring Ideal

Stony Silence vs Tron is annoying because one of the best ways to beat them is simply to 'combo off' as quickly as possible but you need Lotus Bloom in order to do that.
    Heroic Intervention is ok but it's only very good vs Oblivion Stone. It does nothing against Ugin and it seems relatively ineffective vs Karn / Ulamog

Vs control, Silence is okay, but I think maybe Boseiju is just better? I think vs control decks I'd rather just have more bombs like Planeswalkers (e.g. Elspeth Suns Champion) or other threatening Enchantments (e.g. Starfield that you mention, which is also very good with History of Benalia)

if you're using RIP as an anti-Snapcaster card then Rule of Law / Curse of Exhaustion also work (admittedly less great vs Gurmag Angler, Kolaghans Command, Logic Knot etc). If you only want to hate 1 persons graveyard then Wheel of Sun and Moon is an option.

I was thinking of History as a maindeck card 2-3x, I don't think it makes sense as a SB card because there are more powerful but narrow things you can bring in for all matchups. This is something I was thinking of:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 4 Artifact
    4 Lotus Bloom

// 4 Creature
    4 Wall of Omens

// 25 Enchantment
    4 Runed Halo
    4 Stasis Snare
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 History of Benalia
    1 Starfield of Nyx
    1 Worship
    1 Endless Horizons
    1 Sphere of Safety
    4 Cast Out
    1 Greater Auramancy / Privileged Position
    1 Dovescape

// 23 Land
    2 Scattered Groves
    4 Temple of Plenty
    2 Mistveil Plains
    1 Saltcrusted Steppe
    4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
    10 Plains

// 4 Sorcery
    4 Enduring Ideal

4 Stasis Snare / 4 Cast Out might be the wrong split of disruption (are you supposed to play Ghostly Prison, Journey to Nowhere, Suppression Field, something else instead?). But I do like the rest of the skeleton. Now all your win conditions are easily hardcastable, can help to stabilize the game leading up to the Enduring Ideal, and give you devotion. The only thing you really lose is the Unlife/Dragon combo, but hopefully either Worship or Sphere of Safety can protect you from most situations. By playing this 'lean' version a drawback is that it might not be taking advantage of Lotus Bloom enough but I don't know what other big spell you would want to play. Maybe 1 Elspeth Suns Champion or something would be ok, or maybe it's fine that the curve isn't too high.

You could -1 Starfield +1 Form of the Dragon, -1 Worship/Sphere of Safety +1 Phyrexian Unlife and everything else could be mostly the same
    I do like everything that Starfield offers
    Endless Horizons might not be good in which case you don't need to play the cycling lands
    Maybe you only want 1 History and 1 Starfield as winconditions because History isn't a good enough defensive card to warrant 3x, and then you just play extra Ghostly Prisons or whatever instead. (But the goal is to find a balance where you can still win control matchups)
    Last edited by kombatkiwi; 06-18-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Thread Information