Thread: Legacy popularity

Legacy popularity

How many times a month do you play sanctioned Legacy?

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Re: Legacy popularity

0.05 times, I'd guess.

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

Sanctioned or "sanctioned"?

There are Legacy weeklies, but they are "casual events", and allow prox....I mean playtest cards (hello DCI/FBI lurkers). Without them, we probably wouldn't fire events, even small 3-rounders. With them, we get to get a new generation of Legacy fans and more play.

4-5. Once every week theres a league 3-4 times a semester there's a tournament. Great legacy scene in Stockholm.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

When not in school I play usually once a week. Then usually a monthly event. Then also a quarterly event plus maybe once or twice a year I'll travel for a bigger event. So call it 4-5 times per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

3 or 4. Often "caspetative" (for prizes, without a judge). In the north of England you can win a duel land every other week pretty much.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Once a week, personally. Austin has stores running Legacy every Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, usually getting 8-14 people.

Apr 2014
    Bristol, UK

Twice, sometimes three times a month. I could increase this by one but I don't do nerding on Friday evenings so the "local" once a month FNM is a no go.
    The Doomsday Codex

We're catching bullets in our teeth,
    Its hard to do but they're so sweet.
    And if they take a couple out,
    We try to work things out.....

Meow.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Couple times a year at this point. There are a handful of sanctioned events around but most are pretty far from where I work and they're all on weeknights.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Eight or nine times per month. We get 35-50 players on Monday nights at the Ballard store and 25-30 players on Thursday nights at the Bellevue store, with 1Ks happening about once a month. We're streaming tonight (www.twitch.tv/cardkingdom). Check it out if you want more Legacy in your life!

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Once each week (there's plenty of stores in Barcelona offering weekly small (8-16 ppl) tournaments), plus the Catalan Legacy League once each month (40-60 ppl showing).

Can't complain :)
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

Jun 2016
    Indianapolis, IN

Indianapolis has proxy legacy events available weekly at one shop and another shop has one legacy monthly and one scg-style team monthly event. I try to make it to one or the other on a given week.

Maybe 9ish? 10?

I play every Tuesday and Friday and there's been about 1 big tourney a month for a few months now.

Chicago+suburbs has a good scene for it.

My local store has Legacy Wednesday, FNM (shared with Modern) and then a Legacy tournament on Saturday or Sunday.

Yokohama has a pretty good Legacy scene.
    Last edited by Vissah; 12-07-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

When I'm active, I play 1-2 times a week. Portland has a good scene at Time Vault (thursday and saturday) and occasionally fires an SCG replacement tourny thing. When not active.. well.. It's been like 3+ months.

Of course, there's also MTGO, which is able to fire all the time. When I was on that I played an absurd amount til I decided it was a garbage fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Thread Information