Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welp, I'm out.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Welp, I'm out.

It turns out that when life gets rough and I find myself choosing between points of focus (spoiler - it goes family, guitar, work, everything else is bullocks) I have had less and less compunction about getting away from Magic.

I had a big flowery post talking about the history of things and why they got to where they are, but I don't think anyone really cares for the long-ass biopic. So, here's the thing - Legacy never got big here, I got laid off years ago and never fully recovered, every playgroup I've had in the last few years has just gotten sick of each other and fallen apart, and I have just had enough of the Jeremy Hamblys of the world that it just ain't worth it for me. So over the last few months I have sold 95% of my shit to the LGS and really have not looked back at all.

I have a handful of sentimental decks. The Goblins deck I have maintained for years; the Kithkin deck I used to help my oldest daughter with basic math; the garbage Ghost Council of Orzhova EDH deck that tries to only play cards eith words like "Ghost/Haunted/Spirit" in the title. I don't want to say "never say never" but at this point it's like... Nobody around here plays, the people that do are people I generally don't want to be stuck in an unventilated room with, I'm clearly never going to play in KC or Chicago or Denver because I had opportunity to do so and always hemmed and hawed my way out of it, so like... Fuck it.

I know that I am probably just a small fish shitposter and maybe 3 of you will even care if I never post again. That's all right, but I'm a little too Midwestern to leave the party without saying goodbye, even if I'm just talking to the cat.

Some of you people are pretty great. Some of you are Lemnear. That's okay too. Just don't be a Hambly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

Re: Welp, I'm out.

You seem to have your priorities in order and I hope life treats you well.

Cast IRL Brainstorm: draw family, friends, and loved ones and shuffle away cardboard crack and children's card games.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It turns out that when life gets rough and I find myself choosing between points of focus (spoiler - it goes family, guitar, work, everything else is bullocks) I have had less and less compunction about getting away from Magic.

I had a big flowery post talking about the history of things and why they got to where they are, but I don't think anyone really cares for the long-ass biopic. So, here's the thing - Legacy never got big here, I got laid off years ago and never fully recovered, every playgroup I've had in the last few years has just gotten sick of each other and fallen apart, and I have just had enough of the Jeremy Hamblys of the world that it just ain't worth it for me. So over the last few months I have sold 95% of my shit to the LGS and really have not looked back at all.

I have a handful of sentimental decks. The Goblins deck I have maintained for years; the Kithkin deck I used to help my oldest daughter with basic math; the garbage Ghost Council of Orzhova EDH deck that tries to only play cards eith words like "Ghost/Haunted/Spirit" in the title. I don't want to say "never say never" but at this point it's like... Nobody around here plays, the people that do are people I generally don't want to be stuck in an unventilated room with, I'm clearly never going to play in KC or Chicago or Denver because I had opportunity to do so and always hemmed and hawed my way out of it, so like... Fuck it.

I know that I am probably just a small fish shitposter and maybe 3 of you will even care if I never post again. That's all right, but I'm a little too Midwestern to leave the party without saying goodbye, even if I'm just talking to the cat.

Some of you people are pretty great. Some of you are Lemnear. That's okay too. Just don't be a Hambly.
    and so, more original Source-ers leave...

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    and so, more original Source-ers leave...
    Which is a normal thing to happen when priorities shift and one comes to the point of asking "why bother?". Most if us get to the point where traveling to events and the expenses for it conflict with other interrests, may it be spending time with the family or paying off an appartment (or two).

I salute to a longtime member leaving. I am sure he has found his happy place.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Cheers mate!

As I am an old fellow with family too, I have found the old school 93/94 format. No n00bs around, the atmosphere is superb and the gaming is not so serious.
    Have enjoyed a lot. Maybe this might be the place for you too, a couple of old school tournaments in a year to live again your best moments of mtg. Peace.

http://oldschool-mtg.blogspot.fi/

Mar 2009
    Zurich

I always enjoyed reading your stuff, wish you all the best!

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I'll miss him
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Love your posts, hope you poke your head in occasionally to say hello.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

You always added a level of absurd reasonableness (reasonable absurdity?) to threads.
    The community board needs that from time to time. Don't be shy!

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Best of luck in everything you do!

Play Deed. Nuke the World.
    Oct 2010

:( sad to see you go, but I can underatand it's for the best. Take care TsumiBand, and stay in touch :)

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Tsumi, just because you stop playing Magic IRL doesn't mean you can't still hang around and shitpost about it on the internet. I'm living proof!
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Best of luck moving on. Very understandable!

You've been one of my favorite posters on here. You'll be missed.

Thanks!
    "If magic is your crutch, cast it aside and learn to walk without it." —Teferi

Your posts will be missed!

Best of luck.
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Seconding what everyone else said, Tsumi's posts were always a breath of fresh air.

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Some of you people are pretty great. Some of you are Lemnear.
    Nice.
    Best of luck with whatever you move onto. Or don't and just hang around the boards here.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

You can always come home, as long as the ip address is valid. As one who infrequently slings cardboard, you remember the rules, can pick it up again.

Best to the corn fields with ya.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Tsumi, just because you stop playing Magic IRL doesn't mean you can't still hang around and shitpost about it on the internet. I'm living proof!
    On this note..

Tsumi , Put aside the magic player and become who you were born to be, a shit poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Good luck with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    Tsumi , Put aside the magic player and become who you were born to be, a shit poster.
    I'd like to think there's a little bit of shit poster in all of us.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    a shit poster.

Thread Information