Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BUg's stubborn shadow

May 2013
    Paris, France

Re: BUg's stubborn shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa91 View Post
    @Ralf: The list you suggested is more like a budget bug delver list. I built this deck explicitely to utilize the power of [[stubborn denial]] which has been great so far against every deck besides Miracles. Coming from a stifled past I also never liked wasteland and daze without stifles, they struggle hard against basic lands and become good-as-dead cards. If you go down the wasteland-daze route I think delver is definitely the way to go, I cut my wastelands and went for something different, trying to take advantage of the fact that we don't care about lifeloss with library, have maindeck sweepers in deluge and dump more in the gy than everything besides gy-decks by playing 4 delve-threats. I think that's a better strategy than trying to copy an existing strategy poorly, in this case delver.
    The list I provided is not from me but has shown good results (repetitive) when it was spoiled (Oct 2013)

Here again you can use google translate (even if it is horrible):

http://www.legacy-france.org/index.php?showtopic=11019

I'm not suggesting you should take this list without questions.
    I think there are ideas here that can be reused for what you are trying to do.

Obviously "stubborn" could be a very nice addition to this deck as it was spoiled far after the original list.

Anyway, keep testing and mostly have fun !

Regards,

Ralf

Ah ok, the age of that list explains a lot, e.g. the lack of decays and green. This must have been the days before old Miracles when RUG delver had yet to be dethroned and it was better to dodge submerge than to play decay.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa91 View Post
    Ah ok, the age of that list explains a lot, e.g. the lack of decays and green. This must have been the days before old Miracles when RUG delver had yet to be dethroned and it was better to dodge submerge than to play decay.
    ahahah not that old :p
    And you do have 3 decays in the sideboard with 2 submerge and 2 snuff out.

According to the author:

Control Almost Even MUs:
    - Shardless BUG
    - Esper Blade
    - Miracle

Even for Aggro:
    - Tempo Thresh
    - Maverick
    - Death and Taxes
    - Patriot Delver
    - UR Delver

Bad for:
    - Jund
    - Burn
    - Gobelin/merfolk

Favored against combo:
    - S&T
    - Dredge/Rea (UB)
    - Elves!

Still, the fact that tempo thresh and maverick are listed alongside patriot delver (the metagame answer to these decks) hints at the metagame overall. I mean nowadays Submerge is an almost unplayable sideboard card, it's not even good against lands or hexdepths because good opponent will often be able to play around it.

I vaguely remember these days since it was the first time I really got interested in legacy. Miracles existed, but it definitely wasn't a big contender: Just look at these lists: Maverick, the mono-creature.dck, UWR delver with up to 8 removal spells maindeck, UB death's shadow with 4 removal spells (this was way before mentor was printed), only having decays in the sideboard and that probably more to fight against Chalices and delver/kotr.
    Miracles soon becomes the best deck for a reason, look how open this metagame is to a strategy that plays 4 maindeck wraths and no significant creatures!
    Last edited by Agrippa91; 12-20-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Thread Information