I have been obsessed with Stasis since, well basically since it was printed. I am constantly looking to improve my decks for Legacy/Vintage play, and would like some thoughts on how to streamline my main Vintage version here.

// Turbo Stasis

// 61 Maindeck
// 10 Artifact
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Opal
4 Howling Mine
3 Black Vise
1 Black Lotus

// 4 Creature
4 Noble Hierarch

// 5 Enchantment
4 Stasis
1 Fastbond

// 17 Instant
3 Chain of Vapor
1 Echoing Truth
1 Ancestral Recall
4 Daze
4 Force of Will
1 Gush
2 Nature's Claim
1 Thwart

// 17 Land
2 Forsaken City
4 Tropical Island
4 Misty Rainforest
3 Island
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 Tolarian Academy
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Breeding Pool

// 8 Sorcery
3 Regrowth
1 Ponder
1 Gitaxian Probe
3 Preordain

// 13 Sideboard
// 4 Artifact
SB: 2 Ivory Tower
SB: 2 Feldon's Cane

// 2 Enchantment
SB: 2 Propaganda

// 6 Instant
SB: 2 Ensnare
SB: 2 Mental Misstep
SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
SB: 1 Flusterstorm

// 1 Land
SB: 1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

The basic idea is to build up lands enough to pay out the Stasis cost while Black Vise kills the opponent. It accomplishes this by attempting to quickly setup for the Stasis option (having a minimal set of components to go ahead and play Stasis successfully), and then addressing the first threat(s) before playing a Stasis (hopefully they tapped out from going all-in). Generally this strategy seems to work against a lot of decks, and because the game state appears as though I may lose my Stasis soft lock at any point throughout the game, the opponent keeps trying to play it out in futility. I feel like it makes the game more fun because I am not only playing to beat their deck, but also survive my own.

I am aware of some common Stasis cards such as:
  • Chronatog
  • Ivory Tower
  • Reset
  • Boomerang
  • Isochron Scepter
  • Despotic Scepter
  • Time Elemental
  • Kismet
  • Siren's Call

So I would like some thoughts on how I may streamline this deck design for a Vintage competitive format. The goal is to produce reliability and solutions expected to compete against decks like Shop (typically red), Blue Control/Combo, and Dredge. I seem to especially have trouble with combo decks like Burning Long, and graveyard decks like Mana Dredge.