Thread: Phyrexian Mimic (Stiflenought+Eldrazi)

Phyrexian Mimic (Stiflenought+Eldrazi) update

Time for a Clean up!
    The first post I made was a bit messy, i was really exited about this deck. I still am but now I have more experince with it.
    I have been playing this deck for a while and I really like it!

Basics.
    The main idea is to get Phyrexian Dreadnought in play in turn 2. This with the help of T1 Mimic and T2 Dreadnought and sacrifice the Mimic.
    Or T2 Dreadnought and stifle the ETB ability on the Dreadnought and swing with a 12/12 mimic and still have the Mimic and Dreadnought in play.
    Oor play Island T1, stifle opponents Fetch, play Eldrazi Temple T2 then Mimic then Dreadnought and sac the Mimic.
    Later in game the Dreadnought functions almost as a pump spell for the Mimic, just sacrifice the Dreadnought and swing with the Mimic,
    BUT only do this if you know the Mimic is deadly. Mimic does not get the Trample ability so be sure there is a free pass and no Flash creatures that can jump in and block.
    You dont want to miss and then have the Mimic instead of the Dreadnought, so ALWAYS SACRIFICE THE MIMIC!

The rest of the deck.
    Creatures.
    Exept for the Dreadnought and Mimic this deck have a few other threats, the reality smasher for when you got enough mana and a back-up if your
    Dreadnought get pushed or plowed.T3-4 Smasher is not impossible but 2 is enough and often get out for sideboard cards.
    2x Trinket mage just for tutoring after Dreadnought mid game.
    Eldrazi Skyspawner to get a flying blocker but more importent is the Spawn you need to get that colorless mana for T3 smasher or get around Blood Moon.
    Just 1 Walking Ballista, making Trinket mage more valuble and there is always something to do with it.
    Problaby the most importent creature is Thought-Knot Seer, 4 of is a must and I dont think it needs explaining.
    And at last, a personal favorit, 2 Volrath's Shapeshifter, more for flavor but got some synergy with the other creatures.
    The Dreadnought will go to the grave at some point and if you dont have the mana to cast the bigger creatures, just put them in the grave.

Other things
    Basic counter set-up with 4 FOW, 2 Spell Pierce, 2 Daze. I tried 4 Daze but did not like how I got behind with mana,
    But when you need it you happy to have it and I feel that Spell Pierce target more importent spells like chalice, blood moon, Jace etc.
    4 Brainstorm and 2 Ponder feels enough to dig throu the deck.
    4 stifle for the Dreadnought but I use it more to target fetches. The Dreadnought have other friends to play with and a T1 Stifle on a Fetch can have more impact.

Lands
    The Lands have been hard to get right but with 8 colorless lands and 13 colored lands(6 fetches) It feels that I got a good flow.
    But I always mulligan if i dont have a Colored land. Maybe should try remove 1-2 City or Temple for more fetch.

Sideboard
    Not sure what to say... Echoing truth for bouncing ensnaring bridge, chalice, blood moon or other controlling permanents.
    Endbringer! love this guy but just need one in sideboard against bigger creatures and controll decks.
    Flusterstorm and Mindbreak Trap for storm, Grafdigger and Surgical for grave hate.
    Pithing needle for Jace, Sneek attack, wasteland etc.
    And 3 Warping Wail for filling out the sideboard. Not sure when to take in but use them mostly like removals.

Creature (21)
    4x Eldrazi Mimic
    2x Eldrazi Skyspawner
    4x Phyrexian Dreadnought
    2x Reality Smasher
    4x Thought-Knot Seer
    2x Trinket Mage
    2x Volrath's Shapeshifter
    1x Walking Ballista

Sorcery (2)
    2x Ponder

Land (21)
    2x City of Traitors
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    4x Flooded Strand
    7x Island
    1x Misty Rainforest
    1x Polluted Delta
    2x Wasteland

Instant (16)
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Force of Will
    2x Spell Pierce
    4x Stifle
    2x Daze

Sideboard (15)
    4x Echoing Truth
    1x Endbringer
    1x Flusterstorm
    1x Grafdigger's Cage
    1x Mindbreak Trap
    2x Pithing Needle
    2x Surgical Extraction
    3x Warping Wail

Warning for Google translate!
    Last edited by Vickas; 02-05-2018 at 03:33 AM.

Re: Phyrexian Mimic (Stiflenought+Eldrazi)

Reserved
    Last edited by Vickas; 02-05-2018 at 03:33 AM.

Re: Phyrexian Mimic (Stiflenought+Eldrazi)

I am currently running Dreadnought + Eldrazy and I've moved away from the Force/Stifle package to go all in on colorless mana. It opens up cards like Torpor orb and Illusionary Mask. Plus, with all the sol lands colorless offers you there's Eater of Days and Grim Monolith. Getting swords'd and 'path'd was one of the biggest reasons I like colorless instead because if your early plays don't work out the game brings you into cards like All is Dust and Ugin, the Spirit Dragon which are just as powerful haymackers. My thread on it is over here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...skNought/page2

Thread Information