Thread: Trade credit owed - mtgo - what to do about it? Please help

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Trade credit owed - mtgo - what to do about it? Please help

Aloha,
    I've played Magic The Gathering Online for about 10 years and paper Magic for an additional 10 years. I trade a lot on MTGO using the MTGOWikiPrice webpage (https://www.mtgowikiprice.com/). Generally, I've found their bots to be reliable and responsive. Beginning in Fall 2017, I traded with a bot named "DnDBakies" - at first everything went well. Then, I did a few big trades and DnDbakies ended up owing me 73 tickets. The bot began appearing online less and less and eventually stopped being online all together. I opened a complaint with Wizards and they will do nothing. I've spoken to both their base level support and also the next level and they both say that "trades are at your own risk." However, it doesn't seem fair to me that this bot can take my cards and run away while paying nothing. It also looks like this bot may have re-opened under the name "dndBot" and "dndBot1", although that could just be coincidence.

Anyway, I think of it like a local game shop. If a player that you trusted came in and made a trade with you and promised you cash or credit and then that same player kept coming into the game store without honoring your known credit, eventually that player would have to pay up or be banned. I don't understand Wizards willingness to do nothing - I would share the emails but they contain some of my personal information but Wizards is basically just copy and pasting form responses saying "we don't care and we won't do anything." I understand that Wizards doesn't make anything from secondary trades, perhaps this is why they are reluctant to participate. But, I think it's in their best interest to keep the market honest and fair. Allowing dishonest people to benefit at honest people's behalf is bad for the game.

I've also contacted MTGOWikiPrice's customer support many times and they are silent. They charge a monthly fee for bots to operate on their system, so they should have some kind of guarantee that credit will be paid or issued among other bots on their platform. MTGOWikiPrice is like the grocery store or supermarket - they choose what goods to carry or what bots to allow participate - they could require a credit card deposit for all new bots - MTGOWikiPrice refusing to honor DnDBakies bot credit is akin to a store refusing to allow you to return an item you purchased there and instead, telling you to take it back to the manufacturer that you have no way of contacting.

Anyway, I would like my tickets back. This doesn't seem very fair. Other than the obvious "I shouldn't have made the trades", can anyone offer any help?

Thank you!
    "Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference."

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Re: Trade credit owed - mtgo - what to do about it? Please help

If someone can explain to me how to post screen shots, I'll share some of the chats and emails. Thanks!

May 2005
    Wisconsin

It's super risky to save credit on a bot without tickets. Probably not much you can do if the bot isn't online ever.

messege

staff@mtgolibrary.com
    mtgolibrary@gmail.com

one of those two and report the bot

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Quote Originally Posted by porcupinetreeman View Post
    It's super risky to save credit on a bot without tickets. Probably not much you can do if the bot isn't online ever.

messege

staff@mtgolibrary.com
    mtgolibrary@gmail.com

one of those two and report the bot
    Thank you for your response. The reason I felt comfortable, and probably foolishly, is that I had a previous trade history with this bot over several months and it was a newer bot and needed cards, so I figured I would trade the bot the cards it needed, the bot would do its thing, and over time, the tickets would trickle in. What happened was the bot completely disappeared from online along with my cards and owed credit, so that's no fun.

Thread Information