Thread: Is there any site that allows one to find the best deck against certain meta game?

Is there any site that allows one to find the best deck against certain meta game?

I'm looking for a site that would allow me to:

* Enter my meta game (e.g. 10% elves, 30% storm, 60% death & taxes)
    * See the decks that have the highest win percentage against that meta game

Re: Is there any site that allows one to find the best deck against certain meta game

Quote Originally Posted by autonom View Post
    I'm looking for a site that would allow me to:

* Enter my meta game (e.g. 10% elves, 30% storm, 60% death & taxes)
    * See the decks that have the highest win percentage against that meta game
    www.theepicstorm.com
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Re: Is there any site that allows one to find the best deck against certain meta game

(It's always T.E.S.)

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

In case the OP doesn't intend to play TES, there's also this stickied thread: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...In-My-Metagame

Is there any mtg api from which I can pull matches with deck names and results?

If there is, I could pretty easily build a website like that.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by autonom View Post
    Is there any mtg api from which I can pull matches with deck names and results?

If there is, I could pretty easily build a website like that.
    Wizards probably has an api for their online mtg data
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

May 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa, USA

Hi,

So, this was something I created in excel about 10 years ago. It was a different set of decks back then, but it is a relatively strait forward process. The inputs you need are the proportion of each deck type, and the list of matchup percentages, each deck against each other deck.

The deck that has the highest ev against the field at round 1 is probably what you are asking for.

However, that isn’t necessarily the best deck for a tournament with those initial conditions. The composition of the field that remains in the mix to win the event changes round over round. The best deck in day one of a big event is often not the best deck for day 2.

If you project things out for hundreds of rounds, you will likely notice a subset of the initial decks will form a cycle. I considered researching the topic further but life got in the way.

There isn’t such a thing as the best deck without defining the size of the tournament. A five round event will likely have a different best deck than a 15 round affair.

Peace

Short answer - no. We don't have access to match-up win rates. Even if we did, most metascare not 100% predictable as many players switch and or tweak their decks.

Meta-gaming is an art. This is exactly why pro players dislike a format where meta-gaming is essential for success.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Thread Information