Thread: Need help with building a new deck

Need help with building a new deck

I haven't played MTG since Zendikar, and Since hearing Bloodbraid got unbanned, I thought I would build myself a Bloodbraild elf, landfall burn deck for the modern tournaments for my LGS.

Here is what I got so far, I am missing a creature from it which I think I want as Undergrowth Champion. But I want to know what you guys think of this first.

Creatures:
    Bloodbraid Elf x4 ( already have em)
    Turntimber Basilisk x 3 - I have two daggerback Basilisks until I can get two more Turntimbers.
    Groundbreaker x 3 ( planning on getting)
    Ball Lightning x 3 ( planning on getting)
    plated geopede x4 ( Have em)

Non Creature Spells: Already have all these spells.
    Khlani Heart Expedition x 2
    Explore x 3
    Searing Blaze x 4
    Burst Lightning x 3
    Magma Jet x 3
    Magma Spray x 3

Land: ( I have all my lands here)
    Evolving Wilds x 4
    8 Mountain
    8 Forest

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: Need help with building a new deck

Giantbaiting was the way I was going to go with Bloodbraid Aggro, traditional naya zoo style with Wild Nacatls/Kird Apes for early pressure, Burning Tree Emissary for "free" 2/2's, and then Giantbaiting as a way to slam through double 4/4 hasty giants. You have the option of using Bloodbraid as a conspire tapper if you feel the need to get an extra point of damage. It was janky, but man, so much fun. I'll post you a list soon.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    [CARDS]You have the option of using Bloodbraid as a conspire tapper if you feel the need to get an extra point of damage. It was janky, but man, so much fun. I'll post you a list soon.
    BBE enters the battlefield after you cast the cascaded spell so you can't use her to help conspire.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    BBE enters the battlefield after you cast the cascaded spell so you can't use her to help conspire.
    *facepalm* Thank you, fine sir.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Jan 2013
    Madison, WI

The combination of Ball Lightning and Groundbreaker is pretty terrible unless all of your lands can tap for R and G. I'd suggest Boggart Ram-Gang in their place. It doesn't deal as much damage up front, but it gets to stick around. I don't think this type of deck needs/wants Khalni Heart Expedition, you'd rather just curve out naturally with threats. Lightning Bolt should be an automatic x4 as well.

Thread Information