Thread: [BBD] Battlebond

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [BBD] Battlebond

TNN got reprinted:

This one looks mildly interesting, although not Legacy material:

Generous Sponsor
    Creature - Elf Advisor
    When Generous Sponsor enters the battlefield, support 2. (Put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to two other target creatures.)
    Whenever you put one or more counters on a creature you don't control, draw a card.
    1/4
    Are there any good ways to put counters on opponsing creatures, aside from Tetzimoc, Primal Death?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Are there any good ways to put counters on opponsing creatures, aside from Tetzimoc, Primal Death?
    Leech Bonder and simillar cards exist, but you're talking really casual stuff now.

My brother has a Experiment Kraj EDH deck that this will slot into well, but I agree, not Legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

I guess Wizards took it too literally when we assumed they would put another TNN into Battlebond.

-1/-1 counters are the most prevalent way probably. Serrated Arrows. I don't think that space has been looked at by wotc in some time though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    -1/-1 counters are the most prevalent way probably. Serrated Arrows. I don't think that space has been looked at by wotc in some time though.
    The entire Amonkhet block begs to differ.

Hah. To be fair I have had Standard blinders on since Return to Innistrad...
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I guess it works with stuff like Infect, Wither and, most notably, Soul-Scar Mage - burn creatures and cantrip at the same time? That's pretty good. Slap some Punishing Fires into that and you have a sweet draw engine which happens to be on-color.

Edit: For what it's worth, the combo would also work with Sponsor + Mage + Words of War to quickly clear the board.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Infect.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Ohhhhhh Shit, foil Explorers at long last!!!

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Not sure if quick Ugin's or Karn's are a viable strategy in Legacy, but here it is.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Academy Rector but for Planeswalkers? Damn. (Literal reprint but for what it finds)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

I think an Arena Nyx Fit deck will be built.

I don't know if it will be good. But it will be built.

Thoughtseize, Explorers, Therapy, Phyrexian Tower to ramp into Cavern of Souls plus 8 Rectors, grab any one of your game ending 8 Mana Walkers or Enchantments. Abrupt Decay to kill Shamans. Pernicious Deed to conveniently wipe the field of everything but your Walkers.

I think at this rate the deck is forced to add Blue for Brainstorm to shuffle away excess Game Enders.

But, the promise of shoving out a fast Ugin, Garruk Predator, Karn, Bolas...deliciously Tier 2.

Arena Rector
    Academy Rector
    Gamekeeper

Enough fuel to always draw one of them and combo off
    Last edited by Jander78; 05-22-2018 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Added card tags

This one looks mildly interesting, although not Legacy material:

[ Generous Sponsor ]
    EDIT: This doesn't work...

Why would you want to rely on your opponent having creatures when you can play Devoted Druid, Arcbound Ravager or Mindless Automaton?

Edit: There's a bad combo with Lotleth Troll and dredgers.
    Last edited by rufus; 05-22-2018 at 02:16 PM.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Why would you want to rely on your opponent having creatures when you can play Devoted Druid, Arcbound Ravager or Mindless Automaton?

Edit: There's a bad combo with Lotleth Troll and dredgers.
    Because the card says "Whenever you put one or more counters on a creature you don't control, draw a card."
    If it was any creature then that's easy mode
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Interesting card, but likely much worse than Ad Nauseum or cheating out Griseltard like a goddamn monkey. If Legacy had any room for brewing I'd be doing some goofy shit with this and Final Fortune effects, but alas.
    Looks like a sideboard card of Spanish Inquisition against any running Bolt.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

I think an Arena Nyx Fit deck will be built.

I don't know if it will be good. But it will be built.

Thoughtseize, Explorers, Therapy, Phyrexian Tower to ramp into Cavern of Souls plus 8 Rectors, grab any one of your game ending 8 Mana Walkers or Enchantments. Abrupt Decay to kill Shamans. Pernicious Deed to conveniently wipe the field of everything but your Walkers.

I think at this rate the deck is forced to add Blue for Brainstorm to shuffle away excess Game Enders.

But, the promise of shoving out a fast Ugin, Garruk Predator, Karn, Bolas...deliciously Tier 2.
    I was thinking something esperish . . .

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cavern of Souls
    [8] Lands
    [6] Acceleration

3 Academy Rector
    3 Arena Rector

2 Omniscience
    2 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4 Cabal Therapy
    3 [Other Sac Outlet]

4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Ponder
    [2] Blue

4 Swords to Plowshares

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    You could just run Fatal Push in this slot with Fetchlands as yet another way to kill your Rectors if you need too.

I mentioned it in the Nic Fit thread, but something with a blend of Rectors and Eureka would let the deck always have ways to churn out the ridiculous bombs. Eureka letting you get around Shaman.

Phyrexian Tower would be your other sac outlet, or go full Reserved List with Diamond Valleys too.

Buyout: the Deck

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

I mentioned it in the Nic Fit thread, but something with a blend of Rectors and Eureka would let the deck always have ways to churn out the ridiculous bombs. Eureka letting you get around Shaman.

Phyrexian Tower would be your other sac outlet, or go full Reserved List with Diamond Valleys too.

Buyout: the Deck
    I think i'm too addicted to FOW to think of making the deck anything other than Esper :/ - that said I think best bet is to treat it like this:

1st turn - Land + Cabal Therapy (or other 1CMC sac outlet that is not a land . . Viscera Seer?)
    2nd turn - Sol Land + Accel + Rector --> Sacrifice (get Big PW or get Omniscience, then hopefully have big PW/draw other rector/sacrifice in your hand already?)

Thinking like that we need around 9 lands/8 Sac outlets/8 Sol land /8 Accel/8 Rector/8 Big PWs

If we slow down a turn, then something like my first list make a bit more sense with more protection/draw. It could still maybe use more PWs (I was aiming for blue PW's to count for FOW pitch).

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

The problem with Arena Rector in Legacy is that jumping through the hoops you've laid out to get [Name A Planeswalker] into play is still worse than having Griselbrand on the battlefield.

Thread Information