Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [BBD] Battlebond

bruizar

Re: [BBD] Battlebond

splendid genesis reprint?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulabnar View Post
    iAlso they could print same cards (lion's eye diamond ->rename -> Tiger's eye diamond) with same effect and reserved list is safe
    No they can't while the RL is in place. You've never read the RL statement, have you ? It's not about name, it's about functionality.

What is sad is it looks like in effect, they're even going broader than this (see MaRo's most recent answer on the subject : "There’s a “spirit of the Reserved List” that we try to be careful about.")
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Jun 2010
    Central NY

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Since the focus would be on 2HG, they could just print benefit/drawbacks that happen to your teammate that would be totally disregarded in traditional play.
    Same way TNN or will of the council jump in power in a one v one game.

Print a Dual that says "CITP, each of your teammates discards a card"
    Has a relevant drawback to the limited scope they're focusing on, but in Legacy it's 1:1 the same as ABUR Duals.
    More likely to be something like this:

Underground Wannabe
    Land - Island
    Underground Wannabe is also a Swamp if you have a teammate.

etc etc for the other nine.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

http://mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html

New cards don't really look promising so far, especially the reveal article for the set's mechanics. Assist and "each player"-cards are going to be garbage as far as Eternal is concerned.

Two walkers with Partner? Wizards is really pushing their "this Walker can be your commander" shit onto EDH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Two walkers with Partner? Wizards is really pushing their "this Walker can be your commander" shit onto EDH.
    "Partner with X" works slightly differently, though.

If you play EDH, you can only use the specific card stated as your partner. "Partner with X" can also search up the missing part from the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    New cards don't really look promising so far, especially the reveal article for the set's mechanics. Assist and "each player"-cards are going to be garbage as far as Eternal is concerned.
    Pir's Whim seems like it might work in a titanshift deck in modern.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    There seems to be a cycle where you can choose the mods for each player. That isn't what I'm talking about - it's cards that benefit all players, thus also the opponent.

Also, Battlebond isn't Modern-legal, so no Titanshift goodies.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Modern isn't an eternal format. Pretty sure all of the cards unique to this set will be banned in Modern.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Anything interesting to do with a doubling season that is 2 mana cheaper and infinitely more vulnerable? It gets Sagas to Lore II really quickly?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Anything interesting to do with a doubling season that is 2 mana cheaper and infinitely more vulnerable? It gets Sagas to Lore II really quickly?
    Pir really isn't Doubling Season since it only adds one additional counter instead of supercharging planeswalkers right into ultimates like Season does. It's more akin to Winding Constrictor in that regard. Maybe Legacy Humans with lots of +1/+1 counter pump? Or Ballista shenanigans in some kind of artifact-heavy deck??

Jun 2010
    Central NY

EDIT: Nevermind, I corrected myself after reading the mechanics article. This incarnation of Partner works similarly but different in that it includes a search trigger, and is limited to a specific card.

I guess if they're both your commander, the library searching mechanic accomplishes nothing unless someone tucks one half of the pair.

Mar 2007

Legacy doesn't have enough playable warriors right now, but it's worth pointing out that first strike + normal damage should give you two cards per turn (since the number of warriors that dealt damage at the same time isn't relevant). Double strikers should work like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind, I corrected myself after reading the mechanics article. This incarnation of Partner works similarly but different in that it includes a search trigger, and is limited to a specific card.

I guess if they're both your commander, the library searching mechanic accomplishes nothing unless someone tucks one half of the pair.
    Even then, commanders can't really be tucked anymore unless you really want it to happen. I think any zone change you're asked if you want it back in the command zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Jun 2010
    Central NY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Legacy doesn't have enough playable warriors right now, but it's worth pointing out that first strike + normal damage should give you two cards per turn (since the number of warriors that dealt damage at the same time isn't relevant). Double strikers should work like a charm.
    With the way it's worded it seems like it'd trigger for each warrior that dealt combat damage, each time they dealt combat damage. Assuming multiple warriors attacking unblocked, isn't each creature a separate source of damage, thus creating a separate trigger? It's not like the damage is grouped together into one big packet as if they have some form of banding. The only thing that appears to be different about this trigger is that it will also trigger if another player attacks one of your opponents with warriors. Like it's a Raiders' Spoils on steroids attached to a creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Even then, commanders can't really be tucked anymore unless you really want it to happen. I think any zone change you're asked if you want it back in the command zone.
    Also true.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    With the way it's worded it seems like it'd trigger for each warrior that dealt combat damage, each time they dealt combat damage. Assuming multiple warriors attacking unblocked, isn't each creature a separate source of damage, thus creating a separate trigger? It's not like the damage is grouped together into one big packet as if they have some form of banding. The only thing that appears to be different about this trigger is that it will also trigger if another player attacks one of your opponents with warriors. Like it's a Raiders' Spoils on steroids attached to a creature.

Also true.
    All damage is delt at the same time. So this triggers once as worded. It's worded that way exactly because it's only supposed to trigger once.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Yeah, no Legacy potential there... But most of the set hasn't been spoiled yet. Maybe they'll print something Better Than Azra.

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tamayamam...e/9e38256a.png

Translation:
    3B
    Instant
    If you (your team?) would lose the game this turn, instead draw 7 cards and your life total becomes 1. Exile ~.
    Interesting card, but likely much worse than Ad Nauseum or cheating out Griseltard like a goddamn monkey. If Legacy had any room for brewing I'd be doing some goofy shit with this and Final Fortune effects, but alas.

Mindblade Render could actually be pretty strong
    I don't want to call it legacy playable out of the gate but have we ever had a 2mana Ophidian before?
    Probably isn't that great because even Bob sees 0 play ATM, but still

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Interesting card, but likely much worse than Ad Nauseum or cheating out Griseltard like a goddamn monkey. If Legacy had any room for brewing I'd be doing some goofy shit with this and Final Fortune effects, but alas.
    Lich's mirror exist and seems better

Thread Information