Great, makes it more Clean for me, thank you Dan for e celest expansion. Tools Will be enough just so I could get the basis ontro. So dansleatswin afasins them. My plan was 2 winter orb and 2 chook.

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
Great Vickas, there's so much potential for experiments..

Cermak: regarding your question on beating Miracles, it's a matchup where you need to plan for meeting their answers, I think. It's quite an effort writing about it, but I need to be brief here unfortunately. Vials are great because they don't get to counter your spells and by putting creatures into play at EOT you can pressure them and importantly Jace, they won't be able to plan for how to respond to your threats and they can't interact at sorcery speed. Unfortunately Engineered Explosives seems popular now so they have a great md answer, it may be a good idea to save your secon Vial in hand..

Vialling in Gaddock or Sanctum Prelate lets you stop their Miracles trigger from Terminus. Using a Mother to protect these guys is great. Ooze can exile stp when they try to Snapcaster it. Using Fauna Shaman at instant speed with vial @ 4 to get Glenn Elendra is a very very good play [and once Glenn hits the graveyard after the second countered spell, you can get Meren, bring back GE and that ought to be lights out..]. Leovold can stop Jace, hopefully you get to vial him in in response to Brainstorm or a Jace activation. When you get the chance and think they may be out of answers, get Saskia or whatever attacker you play to threaten their lifetotal. I guess you need to try to threaten attacks every turn, Vial helps with that.

Some games will be all about finding an answer to their Counterbalance, hopefully Vial helps with that (with it in play you ignore CB, still try to get a Qasali into play). Actually Qasali is pretty good at pressuring them and if they have a cb in play you get to hit them for three until they try to answer it, then you blow up their cb with card advantage. Azcanta needs to be destroyed at first sight, probably..

I like hard counterspells from the sideboard.

I'll add when I think of more things.

@Everyone: not sure if I ever commented on that but I've felt like trying Fulminator Mage for a while. It's nice to be able to interact with lands not least Tabernacle but also Stage or Depths, Grove of the B. With Meren it's a real threat, destroying one nonbasic every turn. I always liked that kind of inevitability. I think the Fulminator Mage is not really aligned with what the deck is normally trying to do but it would feel really good to be able to interact with basically anything. I'm a control player at heart, clearly.