Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masters 25

Re: Masters 25

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    Port at rare is nice.
    Agreed.

Aside from grabbing singles, I actually might buy a pack for the first time in years.
    DDD / Death & Taxes

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Flash Hulk in a draft format? Does this mean we'll get Disciple of the Vault and Ornithopter as well? That would be living the dream.

Also yay Port and Bridge, the cards I don't have playsets of.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Nice, I need to get more Bridges. Port reprint at rare is VERY good news for the legacy crowd.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Feb 2015
    Berkeley, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post

Also:
    - Protean Hulk
    Also Flash. It's nice of WotC to reprint banned and restricted cards; makes a lot of sense - you print cool cards, but don't need to ban them immediately. Why not to introduce a new set "Banned to be Restricted"? :/

---
    Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    The ball in the top is a back view of a Chaos Orb puking on the guy's head?

Nice
    Can't unsee

Port reprint at rare is VERY good news for the legacy crowd.
    It's nice that they are reprinting what they are able but as long as the reserved list exists it's not very important in the grand scheme of things

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

If you're still finding a way to complain, you'll never be happy.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

The Port reprint makes me wonder if we get a Wasteland reprint as well. That would fantastic for D&T.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Didn't know he was recruiting Chinese Dragons for a parade. I'm glad that the photoshop art cleared up that mystery for me
    Bump
    Tusk Up

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    I'm not saying the Port reprint is bad, I'm saying "oh wow this is great for legacy" is a myopic response.
    I thought I made it pretty clear that deleting the RL would make me happy...

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    The Port reprint makes me wonder if we get a Wasteland reprint as well. That would fantastic for D&T.
    That happened last year.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    I'm not saying the Port reprint is bad, I'm saying "oh wow this is great for legacy" is a myopic response.
    I thought I made it pretty clear that deleting the RL would make me happy...
    Deleting the RL is a forever debate, and be sure that even if some people will by happy about it, many others will legitimately complain about the money they will loose. There were a dedicated thread about it, some time ago.
    ___

I'm quite satisfied with the reprints of Masters 25 so far. Bloodmoon with the edition watermark is neat. But, the art of recruiter is... meh

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I wonder what's the dividing line on flavor text for these cards.
    On one hand we get the original sparse minimalism that is 3 & 4 word text boxes for Armageddon and Counterspell and Blood Moon, but them something iconic like Lightning Bolt gets filled to the brim with text. That text was amazing for the M10 printing as a nod to Lightning Bolt returning to standard after years and years of Shock, but now it's the default flavor text, which muddies it's significance. This will be the first printing of Brainstorm without flavor text, so I don't see why Lightning Bolt got the core set treatment.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Chalice at mythic because of price and port at rare seems strange. I'm so confused as to what qualifies a card as mythic these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I wonder what's the dividing line on flavor text for these cards.
    On one hand we get the original sparse minimalism that is 3 & 4 word text boxes for Armageddon and Counterspell and Blood Moon, but them something iconic like Lightning Bolt gets filled to the brim with text. That text was amazing for the M10 printing as a nod to Lightning Bolt returning to standard after years and years of Shock, but now it's the default flavor text, which muddies it's significance. This will be the first printing of Brainstorm without flavor text, so I don't see why Lightning Bolt got the core set treatment.

It probably has to do with the fact that lightning bolt already has lots of no flavour printings. I agree with you it would have been nice here to better fit in with the other old iconic cards, and to let that watermark shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Chalice at mythic because of price and port at rare seems strange. I'm so confused as to what qualifies a card as mythic these days
    How well it will push packs mostly.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    How well it will push packs mostly.
    Did you really think there was ever any other reason why Mythic Rarity exists though?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Did you really think there was ever any other reason why Mythic Rarity exists though?
    Again...

Moving on though, on top of all the value, this set is looking really fun to draft; there's no forced Kamigawa dragon cycle, or forced cycles of anything, really. If you count Brainstorm as the spiritual inheritor to the blue Boon, then they could reprint Healing Salve. I would be okay with that. But everything seems purposeful and justified to draft and that has me uncharacteristically excited.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Enemy filter lands were spoiled (Cascade Bluffs etc.) which is really nice to see. Did they intentionally make Iconic suck ass so this set would seem so great?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Planeswalkers being overpowered in Limited was probably a factor.

EDIT: I just noticed that Relentless Rats has been downshifted to Common. I wonder how good it might be in Limited as a result of that.

Thread Information