Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Masters 25

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Re: Masters 25

Has this forum sunk so low as to be posting garbage from Alpha Investments?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    Has this forum sunk so low as to be posting garbage from Alpha Investments?
    This isn't just some clickbait like "Is Hasbro going to sell WotC in a few years?", but an actual issue at hand that other people seem to experience as well. Rudy just put the spotlight onto it.

There's some reports that this happened with other Masters and Conspiracy sets, but I think this is a massive highlight just before the set hits the general masses.

To be fair, I haven't seen any other proof in that Reddit thread thus far.

This does fall right after the 'god box' for Unstable foil basics, so fire up your tin foils about more fuckery afoot from Wizards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    There's some reports that this happened with other Masters and Conspiracy sets, but I think this is a massive highlight just before the set hits the general masses.

To be fair, I haven't seen any other proof in that Reddit thread thus far.

This does fall right after the 'god box' for Unstable foil basics, so fire up your tin foils about more fuckery afoot from Wizards.
    The one thing I've noticed is that the mapping issue seems to be the most relevant in supplementary product (like Masters and Conspiracy, as you mentioned). IIRC, there have been mapping threads for Modern Masters 2015 on MTGSalvation back then, but nothing on this level.

Given the various issues of Masters sets (low quality prints, MM15's abyssal paper package that could be opened and resealed with little trouble, mapping issues), it seems that WotC is more willing to cut costs on supplementary product that targets enfranchised veteran players as those have a higher resistance to their bullshit. That would certainly explain why their expensive premium products have issues left and right.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    This isn't just some clickbait like "Is Hasbro going to sell WotC in a few years?", but an actual issue at hand that other people seem to experience as well. Rudy just put the spotlight onto it.
    Um, the Rudy guy who's video was posted is known for extremely clickbaity stuff in order to move his own product. It seems very odd that he's the only one who's encountered this issue and publicized it especially considering there are a lot of people who are opening mass amount of product e.g. this store who opened a bunch of boxes and didn't run into the same issue.

Seems like there are some printing issues in this set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Seems like there are some printing issues in this set.
    No need to promote some twitter guy. Just link TheSource. ;)

https://imgur.com/a/tHOE5

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

There's been a slew of box openings with no issues that Rudy brought up; which points to that he's putting out more BS.

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    There's been a slew of box openings with no issues that Rudy brought up; which points to that he's putting out more BS.
    Randy aside, similar results have been posted elsewhere.
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Mar 2009
    Zurich

So I played in a sealed yesterday with 32 people. Everyone had a blast. There are no obviuos decks, except maybe the crab, and that one was just straight up bad. The best seemed to be playing general good stuff, card advantage and "not so obvious" combos like morphs + zombify. There is no forced synergy like Ixalan.
    Maybe not all cards are nostalgic, the gameplay certainly is.

Pros:
    - Pickles lock is in the set
    - Cool rares and uncommons
    - Lots of morphs, which I like
    - cheap, efficient removal
    - cloudshifting a 9/9

Cons:
    - Ensnaring bridge, what a f**king joke in limited

Apr 2006
    Worcester/Boston, MA

Went to a draft on Saturday, was a great experience. Love the two-card synergy and wide open feel vs. the very curated, archetype-driven strategies we get in most sets. I played UW control and got a few Crabs + Retraction Helix, a playset of Squadron Hawks + 3 Brainstorm. I was sitting next to two people drafting the same colors as me, but we were all playing such different strategies that it didn't even feel like we were competing for resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s
    Ya, your such an amazing player iOwn (should be changed to iPwn FTW) you surpass me with your amazing chalice 1 skillzorz

Thread Information