- Growing Rites of Itlimoc
    + Gaea's Cradle
    - Plains
    + Savannah
    - Mountain
    + Taiga
    - Tectonic Edge
    + Strip Mine

Still working to get the mana base just right. I'm no longer swapping cards from The Mimeoplasm, but now I'm using the Taiga, Savannah, and Mana Crypt from Cromat...

I've cut all the 'cute' stuff except Boros Charm and Heroic Intervention. It has all been replaced with more ramp. I really want Gishath to hit the board turn 4 (turn 5 at the latest). So we'll see if I've hit the critical mass of ramp to make that happen.

Excited for tomorrow when I get to upgrade 2 dinosaurs with the new ones in M19.

EDIT: Got the 2 M19 dinos too!

- Grazing Whiptail
    + Runic Armasaur
    - Sky Terror
    + Gigantosaurus
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 07-13-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Aug 2018
    Finland

Re: [EDH] Gishath - Dinosaur Tribal

Well interesting to read these... I have a German Highlander deck it is similiar in that way that is 100 cards and every card has to be different except basic land. However no Commanders exist and no Commander zone and 20 life.

I am not going to do it now but if one would insert them to Cockatrice software I would like a fair test which would win if I take duell with my German Highlander deck vs this deck. If we say life is 40 so my Lightning Bolt is not so good but no Commander Zone etc Commander rules.

They also have same system 100 cards and one free mulligan. In our homerules enviroment we play with semi hardcore/casual Legacy decks and my Highlander deck is changed to Commander Ban list of cards and it is roughly at same level but not my best deck.

Congratulations on extremely high budget lands for the ramp you got it better then me I am not perfecting my deck like that but I do have Volcanic Island, Underground Sea and Badlands in my German Highlander (changed to Commander ban list in our home rules when playing against semi casual/hardcore Legacy decks).

Aug 2018
    Finland

Interesting that you have 38 lands and no fetchlands??? I certainly have fetchlands in my German Highlander deck.

Aug 2018
    Finland

I think if I take duels with the deck that I posted it is only for 20 life and no commander specific rules no commander zone etc exists. However my deck is not ultrafast aggressive deck so could be fun to take duels that way against Commander decks.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

German Highlander sounds like a fun format! Locally, before Commander/EDH became the go-to casual format, the popular casual format was called 'Big Deck'. German Highlander sounds like a good blend between those two.

This deck was constructed with 1 thing in mind: I will always have access to play Gishath
    It is really clunky otherwise and runs out of gas pretty quickly without him.

The decision to skip on fetchlands was made for two reasons.
    - This is essentially a Grw deck. Heavy emphasis on G. Almost all my lands generate G and if I don't have the ability to make G in my opening hand, it probably isn't keepable (Wayfarer's Bauble is why I have to say 'probably'). This is a result of ramp spells almost exclusively being green. So while I don't have fetchlands, I do fetch quite a bit for basics through spells.
    - Gishath's ability takes the dinos off the top of my deck and puts them into play. It also takes the non-dinos and puts them on the bottom of my library. If I shuffle afterwards, all the junk on the bottom gets randomly dispersed back into the deck. My ramp spells also cause me to shuffle, but once Gishath is in play I can hold them in hand.

Another lesser reason is that I use a total of 19 Onslaught/Khans-style fetchlands in my other two EDH decks and (other than Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, and Command Tower) I really try not to use a card in multiple decks.

Aug 2018
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    German Highlander sounds like a fun format! Locally, before Commander/EDH became the go-to casual format, the popular casual format was called 'Big Deck'. German Highlander sounds like a good blend between those two.

This deck was constructed with 1 thing in mind: I will always have access to play Gishath
    It is really clunky otherwise and runs out of gas pretty quickly without him.

The decision to skip on fetchlands was made for two reasons.
    - This is essentially a Grw deck. Heavy emphasis on G. Almost all my lands generate G and if I don't have the ability to make G in my opening hand, it probably isn't keepable (Wayfarer's Bauble is why I have to say 'probably'). This is a result of ramp spells almost exclusively being green. So while I don't have fetchlands, I do fetch quite a bit for basics through spells.
    - Gishath's ability takes the dinos off the top of my deck and puts them into play. It also takes the non-dinos and puts them on the bottom of my library. If I shuffle afterwards, all the junk on the bottom gets randomly dispersed back into the deck. My ramp spells also cause me to shuffle, but once Gishath is in play I can hold them in hand.

Another lesser reason is that I use a total of 19 Onslaught/Khans-style fetchlands in my other two EDH decks and (other than Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, and Command Tower) I really try not to use a card in multiple decks.
    Ok fair answer. It is same reason with me. I don't want to own huge number of fetchlands that is why example a deck that I posted today has only 1 fetchland though it has 2 Bayou it is semi casual/hardcore Legacy deck).

Link to 2 of my semicasual/hardcore Legacy decks here:http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...p-Spiritmonger

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Sooo many changes! It's amazing 8 months have gone by...

Dinos:
    - Siegehorn Ceratops
    - Deathgorge Scavenger
    - Ranging Raptors
    - Territorial Hammerskull
    - Deathmist Raptor
    - Taurean Mauler
    - Charging Tuskodon
    - Crested Herdcaller
    - Shining Aerosaur
    - Snapping Sailback
    - Sun-Crowned Hunters

Cost Reducers:
    - Kinjalli's Caller
    - Otepec Huntmaster
    - Knight of the Stampede

Ramp:
    - Rampant Growth
    - Thunderherd Migration
    - Tempt with Discovery

Lands:
    - Path of Ancestry
    - Savannah
    - Taiga
    - Grove of the Burnwillows
    - Plains
    - Shefet Dunes
    - Ramunap Ruins
    - Field of Ruin
    - Wasteland

26 cards... So lots of changes.

Dinos:
    + Rampaging Brontodon

Cost Reducers:
    + Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma

Ramp:
    + Pir's Whim
    + Skyshroud Claim
    + Smothering Tithe
    + Garruk Wildspeaker

Miscellaneous
    + Worldly Tutor
    + Path to Exile
    + Swords to Plowshares
    + Berserk
    + Raging River
    + Sylvan Library
    + Forcefield
    + Teferi's Protection
    + Krosan Grip
    + Rhythm of the Wild
    + Forerunner of the Empire
    + Xenagos, God of Revels
    + Tooth and Nail

Lands:
    + Yavimaya Hollow
    + Ancient Tomb
    + Tranquil Thicket
    + Sheltered Thicket
    + Scattered Groves
    + Slippery Karst
    + Desert of the Indomitable
    + City of Brass

I've finally figured out how I want to flavor/pimp this deck: All cards are in their original printing (prefering Beta over Alpha), and all dinosaurs (cards that could be put into play off Gishath's trigger) are foil.

So the main gist of these changes is cutting low-end dinos for interaction. Trying to spam dinos with Gishath made the deck feel like a one-trick pony. Now it isn't unheard of for me to whiff off a Gishath attack, but any hit puts a decent threat on the table. Naya colors aren't known for their card-drawing ability, so I fit card-draw in by using cycling lands. Tooth and Nail usually gets Forerunner of the Empire and Polyraptor/Silverclad Ferocidons. Whichever I don't choose, The Forerunner puts the other on top of my library.
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 04-07-2019 at 02:06 AM.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

WAR changes!

- Charging Monstrosaur
    + Finale of Devastation

Other changes:
    - Bountiful Promenade
    - Spire Garden
    + Savannah
    + Taiga

All my Dinos are foil except for Ghalta and Runic Armasaur. That shouldn't be to hard to fix though.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Update after almost 4 years.

Kaheera, the Orphanguard is now Gishath's companion!
    Kaheera was almost a free card to add... I had to remove three cards but I'd argue the cat, elementals, and horror I added are better than they were anyway. It gives me something to do if I'm not ramping and helps me stay aggressive (vigilance) later in the game.

Anyways, here's the changes:

Dinosaurs

- Runic Armasaur
    - Kinjalli's Sunwing
    - Mirror Entity
    - Territorial Allosaurus
    - Majestic Heliopterus
    - Raging Regisaur
    - Ripjaw Raptor
    - Trapjaw Tyrant
    - Goring Ceratops
    - Silverclad Ferocidons
    - Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
    - Polyraptor

+ Topiary Stomper
    + Hunting Velociraptor
    + Tranquil Frillback
    + Hulking Raptor
    + Quartzwood Crasher
    + Pantlaza, Sun-Favored
    + Kogla and Yidaro
    + Trumpeting Carnosaur
    + Yidaro, Wandering Monster
    + Tyrranax Rex
    + Etali, Primal Conqueror / Etali, Primal Sickness
    + Ghalta, Stampede Tyrant
    + Apex Altisaur
    + Titanoth Rex
    + The Tarrasque

Support

- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma
    - Herald's Horn
    - Urza's Incubator
    - Farseek
    - Untamed Wilds
    - Grow from the Ashes
    - Pir's Whim
    - Smothering Tithe
    - Garruk Wildspeaker
    - Hour of Promise
    - Worldly Tutor
    - Path to Exile
    - Swords to Plowshares
    - Berserk
    - Raging River
    - Sylvan Library
    - Teferi's Protection
    - Forcefield
    - Krosan Grip
    - Rhythm of the Wild
    - Forerunner of the Empire
    - Xenagos, God of Revels
    - Tooth and Nail

+ Qasali Pridemage
    + Endurance
    + Bane of Progress
    + Zopandrel, Hunger Dominus
    + Jeweled Lotus
    + Arcane Signet
    + Exploration
    + Gaea's Touch
    + Three Visits
    + Nissa's Pilgrimage
    + Jeska's Will
    + Legolas's Quick Reflexes
    + And They Shall Know No Fear
    + Deflecting Swat
    + Flawless Maneuver
    + Not of This World
    + Green Sun's Twilight
    + Force of Vigor
    + Shatterskull Smashing / Shatterskull, the Hammer Pass
    + Turntimber Symbiosis / Turntimber, Serpentine Wood
    + Tangled Florahedron / Tangled Vale
    + Sejiri Shelter / Sejiri Glacier

Lands

- Sunpetal Grove
    - Canopy Vista
    - Scattered Groves
    - Rootbound Crag
    - Cinder Glade
    - Sheltered Thicket
    - Gaea's Cradle
    - Hashep Oasis
    - Tranquil Thicket
    - Desert of the Indomitable
    - Slippery Karst
    - Scavenger Grounds
    - Krosan Verge

+ Jetmir's Garden
    + 6 Forest
    + Restless Prairie
    + Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
    + Boseiju, Who Endures
    + Castle Garenbrig
    + Restless Ridgeline

While updating here, I was initially surprised at all the changes. But I realized most of what I've added has been printed in the period since my last update. I cut a lot of cards I included just cause they were cool and I had them. Over time the strategy became clearer and more focused: Ramp into Gishath and protect the queen.

If things are going well, Gishath hits the board turn 4 or 5. A good number of my protection/interaction are free spells or only cost a mana or two. I'm not trying to flood the board with dinos when Gishath connects, just get 1-2 monsters. Most of my acceleration adds additional lands to the board, so if Gishath gets dealt with or becomes too expensive I can just start casting the dinos that made it into my hand.

List in OP will be updated. Hope to get some photos of the deck too. Everything is old bordered where possible. The only foils are cards Gishath can put onto the board after connecting.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Pictures!

Thread Information