- Growing Rites of Itlimoc
    + Gaea's Cradle
    - Plains
    + Savannah
    - Mountain
    + Taiga
    - Tectonic Edge
    + Strip Mine

Still working to get the mana base just right. I'm no longer swapping cards from The Mimeoplasm, but now I'm using the Taiga, Savannah, and Mana Crypt from Cromat...

I've cut all the 'cute' stuff except Boros Charm and Heroic Intervention. It has all been replaced with more ramp. I really want Gishath to hit the board turn 4 (turn 5 at the latest). So we'll see if I've hit the critical mass of ramp to make that happen.

Excited for tomorrow when I get to upgrade 2 dinosaurs with the new ones in M19.

EDIT: Got the 2 M19 dinos too!

- Grazing Whiptail
    + Runic Armasaur
    - Sky Terror
    + Gigantosaurus
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 07-13-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Aug 2018
    Finland

Re: [EDH] Gishath - Dinosaur Tribal

Well interesting to read these... I have a German Highlander deck it is similiar in that way that is 100 cards and every card has to be different except basic land. However no Commanders exist and no Commander zone and 20 life.

I am not going to do it now but if one would insert them to Cockatrice software I would like a fair test which would win if I take duell with my German Highlander deck vs this deck. If we say life is 40 so my Lightning Bolt is not so good but no Commander Zone etc Commander rules.

They also have same system 100 cards and one free mulligan. In our homerules enviroment we play with semi hardcore/casual Legacy decks and my Highlander deck is changed to Commander Ban list of cards and it is roughly at same level but not my best deck.

Congratulations on extremely high budget lands for the ramp you got it better then me I am not perfecting my deck like that but I do have Volcanic Island, Underground Sea and Badlands in my German Highlander (changed to Commander ban list in our home rules when playing against semi casual/hardcore Legacy decks).

Aug 2018
    Finland

Interesting that you have 38 lands and no fetchlands??? I certainly have fetchlands in my German Highlander deck.

Aug 2018
    Finland

I think if I take duels with the deck that I posted it is only for 20 life and no commander specific rules no commander zone etc exists. However my deck is not ultrafast aggressive deck so could be fun to take duels that way against Commander decks.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

German Highlander sounds like a fun format! Locally, before Commander/EDH became the go-to casual format, the popular casual format was called 'Big Deck'. German Highlander sounds like a good blend between those two.

This deck was constructed with 1 thing in mind: I will always have access to play Gishath
    It is really clunky otherwise and runs out of gas pretty quickly without him.

The decision to skip on fetchlands was made for two reasons.
    - This is essentially a Grw deck. Heavy emphasis on G. Almost all my lands generate G and if I don't have the ability to make G in my opening hand, it probably isn't keepable (Wayfarer's Bauble is why I have to say 'probably'). This is a result of ramp spells almost exclusively being green. So while I don't have fetchlands, I do fetch quite a bit for basics through spells.
    - Gishath's ability takes the dinos off the top of my deck and puts them into play. It also takes the non-dinos and puts them on the bottom of my library. If I shuffle afterwards, all the junk on the bottom gets randomly dispersed back into the deck. My ramp spells also cause me to shuffle, but once Gishath is in play I can hold them in hand.

Another lesser reason is that I use a total of 19 Onslaught/Khans-style fetchlands in my other two EDH decks and (other than Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, and Command Tower) I really try not to use a card in multiple decks.

Aug 2018
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    German Highlander sounds like a fun format! Locally, before Commander/EDH became the go-to casual format, the popular casual format was called 'Big Deck'. German Highlander sounds like a good blend between those two.

This deck was constructed with 1 thing in mind: I will always have access to play Gishath
    It is really clunky otherwise and runs out of gas pretty quickly without him.

The decision to skip on fetchlands was made for two reasons.
    - This is essentially a Grw deck. Heavy emphasis on G. Almost all my lands generate G and if I don't have the ability to make G in my opening hand, it probably isn't keepable (Wayfarer's Bauble is why I have to say 'probably'). This is a result of ramp spells almost exclusively being green. So while I don't have fetchlands, I do fetch quite a bit for basics through spells.
    - Gishath's ability takes the dinos off the top of my deck and puts them into play. It also takes the non-dinos and puts them on the bottom of my library. If I shuffle afterwards, all the junk on the bottom gets randomly dispersed back into the deck. My ramp spells also cause me to shuffle, but once Gishath is in play I can hold them in hand.

Another lesser reason is that I use a total of 19 Onslaught/Khans-style fetchlands in my other two EDH decks and (other than Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, and Command Tower) I really try not to use a card in multiple decks.
    Ok fair answer. It is same reason with me. I don't want to own huge number of fetchlands that is why example a deck that I posted today has only 1 fetchland though it has 2 Bayou it is semi casual/hardcore Legacy deck).

Link to 2 of my semicasual/hardcore Legacy decks here:http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...p-Spiritmonger

Thread Information