Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

SCG Worcester Open - Legacy

I'm suprised there's no discussion thread for this:

https://www.twitch.tv/scgtour

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

Re: SCG Worcester Open - Legacy

Two True Apes killed by one Zealous Persecution....GET EM!

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I'm suprised there's no discussion thread for this:

https://www.twitch.tv/scgtour
    What's there to talk about? Grixis Delver continues to be the best deck and is doing really well.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun to play in but there's just not much discussion to be had about legacy right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Nov 2007
    Finland

Exactly. Why would anyone be talking about the biggest legacy event of the ongoing year in this dedicated legacy forum 🙄
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

Top 8 is up:

-Lands
    -Elves!
    -Eldrazi Stompy
    -Miracles
    -Grinder Delver
    -Grinder Delver
    -Grinder Delver
    -Grinder Delver

Pretty awesome so far! Grixis sure is the most efficient deck. Very happy that SCG picked up Legacy again.

IDK when/how the convention of referring to Elf decks as "Elves!" with the exclamation point got started, but it is one of my favorite changes I noticed since being away for a couple years. Also pretty jazzed to see SCG covering Legacy again

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

Top 32 is up, two really spicy lists tucked away in there.

Some sort of Dega Hatebears/Taxes as well as gatdamn Tezzerator.

Lands lost to Grinder Delver in the top 8. Little Green Men and Miracles are the last hope against the Insectoid Menace.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Lol. "Mardu Tokens" has 2/75 cards that produce tokens
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    That sounds alot more interesting than it actually is. It's just Imperial Taxed with a splash for Pontiff (not exactly new tech) and a single, tutorable copy of Dire Fleet Daredevil.

The real takeaway from this Top 8/32 is that Grixis Delver is dumb.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Lol. "Mardu Tokens" has 2/75 cards that produce tokens
    3 if you include Batterskull
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Top 8 is up:

-Lands
    -Elves!
    -Eldrazi Stompy
    -Miracles
    -Grinder Delver
    -Grinder Delver
    -Grinder Delver
    -Grinder Delver
    So is this considered a good Top 8 because only 5 of them are Brainstorm decks, or bad because Grixis Delver took up half of it?

Watching the SCG people totally fail to understand what any of the cards in Tezz even were, much less what they did was painful.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
    Watching the SCG people totally fail to understand what any of the cards in Tezz even were, much less what they did was painful.
    I just happened to tune in for this match and man. Had no idea what RB Daretti was which was reasonable since it was a conspiracy card I believe. But not knowing a standard card like Padeem was puzzling. Also it was funny watching that guy just get a true name down and completely invalidate every card that Tez had. What a stupid fucking card
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

SCG Worcester Open - Legacy

SPOILER ALERT
    Pretty surpriced that elves didnt win. I believe it's pretty favoured versus grixis, even with the new black sideboard.
    Seems like Ben kept a really bad hand G1 and that Drake drew like a god both G1 and G2.
    So if grixis is all that good how do we beat it? Both miracle and elves seems like good candidates.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

11/32 Grixis Delver. 21/32 Deathrite decks. 18/32 Deathrite+ Cantrips decks. Sick fucking format

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    SPOILER ALERT
    Pretty surpriced that elves didnt win. I believe it's pretty favoured versus grixis, even with the new black sideboard.
    Seems like Ben kept a really bad hand G1 and that Drake drew like a god both G1 and G2.
    So if grixis is all that good how do we beat it? Both miracle and elves seems like good candidates.
    Game 1 I mulled on the play and didn't want to go to 5, got appropriately punished. Game 2 I'm sure there's something I could have done differently, I was waiting a few turns to hopefully get resources for a lethal NO but him flipping his Delvers to FOW basically put me in the 2-turn hard lock.

I went 9-2-ID against Delver (lost a close match to Noah in the swiss) and was very happy to be paired against that matchup all weekend. Overall though, Elves is just not a very well-rounded deck, if this was a GP or an open I had to travel to I would have played something like Delver or Lands.
    T: @feingersh

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    11/32 Grixis Delver. 21/32 Deathrite decks. 18/32 Deathrite+ Cantrips decks. Sick fucking format
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by bfeingersh View Post
    Game 1 I mulled on the play and didn't want to go to 5, got appropriately punished. Game 2 I'm sure there's something I could have done differently, I was waiting a few turns to hopefully get resources for a lethal NO but him flipping his Delvers to FOW basically put me in the 2-turn hard lock.

I went 9-2-ID against Delver (lost a close match to Noah in the swiss) and was very happy to be paired against that matchup all weekend. Overall though, Elves is just not a very well-rounded deck, if this was a GP or an open I had to travel to I would have played something like Delver or Lands.
    Elves is a tough deck to pilot optimally, and the quality of your play overall did not go unnoticed. Congrats on the weekend!

Thread Information