This is a casual deck that I designed a few years back that was based off of the [card]stuffydoll[/card] [card]guilty conscience[/card] combo. The idea fascinated me and I found a way to make something that was more of my own via my decks wincon. I decided to take it to the LGS for a Legacy Tournament and while no it did not place high, it did grab everyone’s attention. I’ve since then updated the deck list, but haven’t tested it yet.

This is a Boros Stoneblade design that wins via combo.

Creatures (23)
4x Beloved Chaplain
4x Boros Reckoner
4x Volcano Hellion
3x Mogg Maniac
4x Stoneforge Mystic
4x Mother of Runes

Enchantment (2)
2x Pariah

Instant (4)
4x Swords to Plowshares

Equipment (2)
1x Quietus Spike
1x Sword of Fire and Ice

Planeswslker (7)
4x Gideon of the Trials
3x Chandra, Torch of Defiance

Land (22)
4x Arid Mesa
2x Karakas
2x Plains
4x Plateau
4x Sacred Foundry
4x Clifftop Retreat
2x Mountain

Wincon:
Volcano Hellion
Mogg Maniac or Boros Reckoner

The objective of this combo is to either have a higher life total than the opponent or to have one of two conditions on the field:
1) Gideon of the trials with his emblem out.
2) pariah on beloved chaplain or mother of runes

I’ve incorporated stoneforge mystic not for batterskull, but for quietus spike which holds synergy with beloved chaplain and makes boros reckoner more of a threat.

Grand Abolisher will be in the sideboard because I’ll predict that after game 1 I’ll need the extra protection to complete the combo.

The mana curve still bothers me to push this as a truly competitive deck, but all in due time. Chandra, Torch of Defiance is really great but I also want to play test this without her and use either aether vial or mirran crusader in her place.

The original design at my LGS was slightly different but had the existing pariah lock and wincon in it, but ran less land and was less committed to the actual combo. The results were not extremely impressive:

Round 1UWr Stoneforge 1-2
First hand combo off
Last hand land flood

Round 2Death and taxes
First hand wasteland, 1 land on board, no land draws
Second hand land flood.Recounted lands, its at 21....

Round 3RUG 1-2
First hand soft lock

Round 4Bye

Lots of land issues and I couldn’t draw into anything I needed. There was also the issue that when I had combo I couldn’t always play it due to the deck not having an aggressive profile to gap the life totals or inability to drop pariah soft lock.