Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: MTG Arena General Discussion

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: MTG Arena

I also found that the game itself was more fluid.
    It looks as if they optimized the code a bit...
    And of course the addition of khaladesh is a great thing. I hope they will give us some kind of a collection out of the pre-constructed decks so that we can brew a bit when we will move into open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    ...decks so that we can brew a bit when we will move into open beta.
    Technically, it stops being beta testing when you have to pay money to 'test' some of the features.

I do quite a bit of testing and game design for other companies, I just wish we could charge a fee to each tester like they are doing. Honestly, it just confirms my (poor) expectations relative to the human race.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Technically, it stops being beta testing when you have to pay money to 'test' some of the features.

I do quite a bit of testing and game design for other companies, I just wish we could charge a fee to each tester like they are doing. Honestly, it just confirms my (poor) expectations relative to the human race.
    There was a time companies had inbound gametesters on their payroll to release a quality product. It's indeed ridiculous that people now PAY for being a lab rat testing some companies products.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post

The industry standard for MMO's and TCG's is paid betas.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

not only MMO and TCG. most video games now have an alpha access where you have to pay.... think PUBG and H1Z1.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

not only MMO and TCG. most video games now have an alpha access where you have to pay.... think PUBG and H1Z1.
    Star Citizen is still in Alpha and have 24,000$ purchases for players to make. They have raised some 2M$ from in game purchases in Alpha...

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Technics View Post
    Star Citizen is still in Alpha and have 24,000$ purchases for players to make. They have raised some 2M$ from in game purchases in Alpha...
    Star Citizen is also one of the (if not THE) biggest scams in gaming history. 2 million $? They're probably beyond 200 million $ now.

All they need to do is add a dusting mechanic that adds a % to your vault. Done.
    Magic has too many crappy rares and mythics, allowing you to dust only your fifth copy of a cards is just greedy.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Star Citizen is also one of the (if not THE) biggest scams in gaming history. 2 million $? They're probably beyond 200 million $ now.
    Yes, 20M was the figure I was looking for, but that was vastly wrong still...

I don't know about biggest scam ever... MTGO rakes in ~20M a month and that's basically still in Alpha...

https://venturebeat.com/2017/01/28/s...llion-in-2017/

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Technics View Post
    Yes, 20M was the figure I was looking for, but that was vastly wrong still...

I don't know about biggest scam ever... MTGO rakes in ~20M a month and that's basically still in Alpha...

https://venturebeat.com/2017/01/28/s...llion-in-2017/
    You're reading the data wrong - the 20 million number is yearly revenue. How the mighty have fallen...

This is also pretty interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/..._in_mtg_arena/

I wonder if using that programm is GDPR compliant. I don't think it is, but then again, I'm no lawyer.

You're reading the data wrong - the 20 million number is yearly revenue. How the mighty have fallen...

This is also pretty interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/..._in_mtg_arena/

I wonder if using that programm is GDPR compliant. I don't think it is, but then again, I'm no lawyer.
    At this point, the lawyers don't even know for sure on a lot of things. Courts have a LOT to hash out with GDPR.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

No complaints on MTGA these days?
    what do you guys think of the last patch finally?
    I still hate drafting with bots, however, the rest is neat.
    I wish they could give us a good starting card collection as they did when they will wipe the servers. I will hate to have to play bad pre-cons for some months before having a good deck.

There are still some bugs (Game crashed when my opponents conceded during my selection of the spell to be cast with torrential gearhulk and i got stuck without anyway to leave the game although i had win), but the overall quality is good.

PS: I found the limit of the game: casting a token maker with 16 annointed priests in play and already 100 tokens in play on both sides. 5 seconds to resolve a trigger, 2 min to resolve the click on attack, 2 more for the combat click and then the block shitfest... :)

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

what do you guys think of the last patch finally?
    I still hate drafting with bots, however, the rest is neat.
    I wish they could give us a good starting card collection as they did when they will wipe the servers. I will hate to have to play bad pre-cons for some months before having a good deck.

There are still some bugs (Game crashed when my opponents conceded during my selection of the spell to be cast with torrential gearhulk and i got stuck without anyway to leave the game although i had win), but the overall quality is good.

PS: I found the limit of the game: casting a token maker with 16 annointed priests in play and already 100 tokens in play on both sides. 5 seconds to resolve a trigger, 2 min to resolve the click on attack, 2 more for the combat click and then the block shitfest... :)
    Going infinite on WotC software. Doomed.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007

Most people probably have stopped caring, at least as long as its in Closed Beta.

Most people probably have stopped caring, at least as long as its in Closed Beta.
    Yeah, they're supposed to completely revamp the economy next month, but everyone expects it to be a complete shitshow, just like the last three times they re-vamped the economy. There's a whole lot of not caring going on.

Standard being a total dumpsterfire doesn't help either.

LOL. Called it. Here's a link to the new video on Arena economy changes.

https://mtgarena.community.gl/forums/threads/30293

Basically it sounds like they're phasing out "the vault" entirely (progress from packs is going away) and haven't revealed what they're replacing it with, because let's be honest, they have no fucking clue.

So, like, almost a full year into the closed Beta (with Open Beta due soon!) and they're starting the economy/progression bit over from scratch. Fucking Amazing.

Also, they still haven't announced what they're going to do with rotations, because they also haven't figured that out yet. Next rotation is in 3 months.

I'd rather they start it over from scratch than stick us with what htey had before...

Mar 2007

Let's not forget they also have to do the big wipe at some time. I wonder if they do it before or after their latest batch of economy changes.

They're letting beta testers give out invite codes on July 20th. There's some speculation that they'll wait for October rotation to do the last wipe/Open Beta soft launch so that they can kick the can of rotation down the road a year.

Personally I don't think they're that competent, so it'll probably happen in September or something.

So there's currently a bug locking people completely out of their accounts in the Beta. From what folks can tell, it's also severely reduced the amount of Gems (paid cash currency) and Gold (free-to-play currency) on their accounts. This is the WotC response:

Quote Originally Posted by WotC
    Servers are now up, but we are aware that some players are still experiencing an issue that will result in an “Unable to Login – Could not resolve player inventory” error. Players seeing this error are locked out of the game until after the update this Thursday. Sorry to everyone affected for the inconvenience. We’ll be working to make sure you have an extra good time when the update hits on Thursday.
    Seriously. The FUCK?!? Is the "extra good time" a handy? A free pack? Goddamned incredible. You're got a fair number of players - many of whom are paying for this shit, locked out for nearly a week, and from what they can tell, having lost real money to the vaporizer machine, and THAT'S your answer?

Fucking incredible.

Again, I just have to ask, HOW ARE YOU SO BAD AT THIS?

Thread Information