Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: MTG Arena General Discussion

Re: MTG Arena

Well, this bodes well... splitting your players over a multitude of different platforms with no crossover in collections.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/...pand_to_other/

I guess that as long as there are people falling for this they will keep milking it.

This game is super mismanaged

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by fourdogsinahorsesuit View Post
    this company is super mismanaged
    ftfy

True, but credit where it's due, Arena has been shockingly less of a cluster than expected ever since they hit open beta (closed beta is another story), and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I look forwards to Arena+ or whatever the new extended format they put on there next fall.

Well, I mean, unless Modern Horizons includes Astral Slide, 'cause if so, that's what I'll be playing until the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    ftfy
    Up half a point over a month, and seven since the beginning of the year.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    ftfy
    Hasbro or wotc? Wotc i cant believe has not destroyed the game. The fact thats uts still around adter being run like a cluster f is just a testament to how amazing the game is.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Hasbro or wotc? Wotc i cant believe has not destroyed the game. The fact thats uts still around adter being run like a cluster f is just a testament to how amazing the game is.
    Alternatively it might tell more about the community than the game quality. I wonder about the games active player demography tbh.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    ... and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I look forwards to Arena+ or whatever the new extended format they put on there next fall.
    I'm beginning to feel doubtful about that. I'm more inclined to think they will have special events where 'you can use all cards in your collection' rather than a new format with it's own daily and monthly events, etc.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    I'm beginning to feel doubtful about that. I'm more inclined to think they will have special events where 'you can use all cards in your collection' rather than a new format with it's own daily and monthly events, etc.
    That seems too harsh. You paid for something that is quite expensive, and now you can't use your cards except when you pay again?
    They need some queues to handle unique games in this new format (at least in 1vs1, if not also a "traditional play" Queue).
    If they don't do that, lots of people who like to play with the same deck that they will upgrade over time will quit.
    It's not a lot of developpement and a good investment.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    That seems too harsh. You paid for something that is quite expensive, and now you can't use your cards except when you pay again?
    But this is the exact MTGO business model and people on here seem to love it.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    But this is the exact MTGO business model and people on here seem to love it.
    it's a new free to play model :)

'Chris Clay, Game Director of MTG Arena, has parted ways with WOTC' and multiple theories are debated:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...na_has_parted/

Goodbye MtGO my old friend...

Core Set 2020 gets five, and each one has a foil planeswalker card not found elsewhere, one M20 booster pack instead of two (so that, hopefully, you can offer them at a more inviting price), plus a code to unlock the entire deck on Magic Arena.
    North American WPN members who have signed up for M20 FNM will receive Magic Arena code cards to hand out to players on their August 16 FNM. Around that time, Arena will feature an ad driving players to FNM.
    https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/m...er-should-know

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    ]
    Well, I mean, unless Modern Horizons includes Astral Slide, 'cause if so, that's what I'll be playing until the end of time.
    So how's your new Astral Drift deck going?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Why does this mean MTGO is going away exactly?

Arena and MTGO cater to two different crowds. Until they get Pauper/Legacy/Modern/Vintage on Arena, MTGO probably isn't going anywhere.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

WOTC hits peak 21st century and joins the 'fake viewers numbers' brigade:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...mpionship_iii/

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...a-june-27-2019

Ranked draft for the current set
    Multiple draft formats
    'Historic' format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Full-House View Post
    MTG is a game 13+ (btw in cinematograph rating PG-13 allows nudity), while forum is open to anyone, and children under this age can see your picture and wonder how tezzeret is assosiated with anus and what is sexual t-rex means. Who knows where this path would take them? Are you responsible for their actions under the impression of your profile? I think no. You should be assamed.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Interesting. As a predominantly Modern player now I worry Historic will be a planeswalker nightmare fest of epic proportions. Standard is already mind-numbingly bad right now and they typically don't print good answers to planeswalkers, at least ones that are better than just playing planeswalkers yourself.

I'll be happy to have a more consistent choice of draft formats at least. The way they've been running them lately have been a cash grab.

How often can you guys draft on arena? The quest rewards let me draft like 3 times a week.

It just feels sooo grindy if you cant draft once a day...
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Oct 2011
    California

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    How often can you guys draft on arena? The quest rewards let me draft like 3 times a week.

It just feels sooo grindy if you cant draft once a day...
    I recently found time for online Magic again, and downloaded Arena to give it a try.

First, I had to Google for how to escape from the mandatory however-many-games-long tutorial. Then I decided to draft, and accidentally joined a best-of-one. Then I finally managed to get into a best-of-three WAR draft and went 1-2 (I know basically nothing about WAR limited, so I'm surprised I won even a single match). Now I have... some "gems" and some "gold" and I have no idea which one does what.

So I closed it and opened MTGO and did some more Modern Horizons drafts. Maybe when M20 lands I'll give it one more try since I usually enjoy core-set draft formats and I don't think I'll need to get any M20 cards on MTGO for Legacy use.

Thread Information