Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: MTG Arena General Discussion

Re: MTG Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Out of all launch dates they could choose, they chose the one next to Artifact? Or where do you get that from?
    It was sarcasm.

I do fully expect WoTC to push out Arena before Artifacts launch to try to blunt its momentum however. They dont to lose a bunch of potential players to Artifact

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    It was sarcasm.

I do fully expect WoTC to push out Arena before Artifacts launch to try to blunt its momentum however. They dont to lose a bunch of potential players to Artifact
    I expect it around the release of RtRtR, alongside the collection wipe. The 20$ price tag on Artifact might kill alot of momentum for it by itself, though.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

after playing arena for a while, I reactivated my mtgo account and play there. getting a collection done in arena is just stupid and you are pretty much stuck on one deck unless you spend infinite amounts of money on it and you collection becomes worthless as soon as standard rotates. also i dont like the sluggish gameplay with useless animations and stuff. also it horrible to bluff there and becomes much worse than mtgo. Sry, program is a fail for me, but it seems its more or less focused on drafts, most money to make there and the name "arena" (see hearthstone) already suggests where its going.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    getting a collection done in arena is just stupid and you are pretty much stuck on one deck unless you spend infinite amounts of money on it and you collection becomes worthless as soon as standard rotates.
    I mean, if you're gonna rant on mtga, don't use an argument for mtgo..

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Wait, you mean WOTC wants you to spend money on magic arena, well I never.../s

Biggest problem I have is the rate at which you get rare wildcards is too low. Between what you need for your manabase and actual cards in your deck, you almost never have enough.

Put in some form of dusting and adjust how often you get rare wildcards a little (at the expensive of mythics I guess, I personally haven't had that much of an issue getting the mythics I need vs rares) and the economy would be fine IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    I mean, if you're gonna rant on mtga, don't use an argument for mtgo..
    For what it' worth, you can sell out of MTGO which does change things a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    For what it' worth, you can sell out of MTGO which does change things a bit
    That is the big difference. You spend money on both products but your arena account will essentially be worthless outside of account selling which I assume wont be condoned by WOTC. There is no trading either so there is basically no economy at all, so what you get is what you get. The buildup to getting a collection where you would be able to just play whatever you wanted seems insane, whereas on mtgo you can just 'rent' the deck by buying and selling if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    That is the big difference. You spend money on both products but your arena account will essentially be worthless outside of account selling which I assume wont be condoned by WOTC. There is no trading either so there is basically no economy at all, so what you get is what you get. The buildup to getting a collection where you would be able to just play whatever you wanted seems insane, whereas on mtgo you can just 'rent' the deck by buying and selling if you want.
    Yeah, this. You just can't justify paying regular MTG prices for a product you can't sell out of, which is what MTGA is trying to do. Especially considering how badly WotC just fucked people on Duels when they shut that real money game down.

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Yeah, this. You just can't justify paying regular MTG prices for a product you can't sell out of, which is what MTGA is trying to do. Especially considering how badly WotC just fucked people on Duels when they shut that real money game down.
    Wait what ?

One pack on Arena is 3 times less expensives than on Mtgo and has better reward due to the Wildcard system. The game gave you daily reward for just playing even for fun which mtgo will never do.
    You can basically get 3 to 4 meta deck for 200$ which is unrealistic on Mtgo. And the game let you grind a lot on daily average.

Yes your collection will become worthless (or not, we have no idea how Wotc is gonna manage rotation on Arena) but it is a far cheapier cost to enter.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Yes your collection will become worthless (or not, we have no idea how Wotc is gonna manage rotation on Arena) but it is a far cheapier cost to enter.
    I hope they create at least an arena eternal format (and the best would be that they start introducing old extensions to the game retroactively).

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I hope they create at least an arena eternal format (and the best would be that they start introducing old extensions to the game retroactively).
    Funny you mention that, there's new formats coming, but no sets older than SoI, which means there will probably some form of 'Modern' in Arena, SoI onwards, but nothing older than that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...the_mtg_arena/

Mar 2007

Or you can even make money and come out ahead when selling out of MTGO.

That's the thing: Arena is a sunk cost, no matter what.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

I agree, selling out of MTGO is a pretty wise idea given how shit it is

Pretty much no way you don’t come out ahead there.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

as i said, arena is mainly for drafting and for those it might be better than mtgo. but for constructed, mtgo is the way to go, since as others said, you can buy in and sell out of decks in a couple of minutes and have all the formats available.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Hey guys, if any of you still have spare beta codes, I'd appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by chezJacques View Post
    Hey guys, if any of you still have spare beta codes, I'd appreciate it
    check your pm's.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

So I haven't been following very closely, are they still going to have another economy reset at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    So I haven't been following very closely, are they still going to have another economy reset at some point?
    At least one at the end of beta.

Mar 2007

Apparently, WotC is trying to figure out a solution to the rotation problem - by fall 2019.

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/sta...82799059447810

Comedy gold. I don't know what people did expect of this company.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

But there's going to be an account wipe around when Ravnica releases. That fixes the problem until ~Fall. Am I missing something?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    But there's going to be an account wipe around when Ravnica releases. That fixes the problem until ~Fall. Am I missing something?
    There's going to be an account wipe. RtRtR would be the logical point to do it, but then again, we're talking about Wizards here.

Thread Information