Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: MTG Arena General Discussion

Re: MTG Arena

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Ok, now someone post that dumb article how breaking a pinky swear means they lose all the money.

They undid the stupid 2:1 thing for Historic wildcard redemption. It's normal 1:1 now.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

OMG WIZARDS IS SO NICE TO US!!
    (Is that exactly the kind of reaction they were looking for?)

I don't know how many of you are on Arena, but the client is unplayable right now. Disconnects happening to at least one player at least once in every match. Whenever I start seeing the timer drag, I have to wonder, "did they DC? or did I?" the concept of them taking a while to make a move never even enters my mind at this point. It's kind of obnoxious on a personal level since this would have been a perfect month for me to grind to mythic as I'm off for another few weeks while I transition to a new job, but I guess I'll just play the Hearthstone auto-chess thing instead, because at least there I can finish a fucking game.

But honestly this is a huge problem for WotC. They've had a really shitty standard for a couple of months now, and if you add in the client sucking to that... they're going to see a lot more negative churn numbers than they'd like.

Can't say I've noticed any problems with disconnects for either me or my opponents. Judging from amount of reddit posts about performance I feel like that has got better too, though I've had few performance issues myself.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    But honestly this is a huge problem for WotC. They've had a really shitty standard for a couple of months now, and if you add in the client sucking to that... they're going to see a lot more negative churn numbers than they'd like.
    WotC ruining anything decent they've going on for them? Color me surprised!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Anyone trying out Historic? I've saved literally every wildcard I ever got, so I hunting for a Historic deck to make with them? Anyone noticed anything particularly interesting?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Anyone trying out Historic? I've saved literally every wildcard I ever got, so I hunting for a Historic deck to make with them? Anyone noticed anything particularly interesting?
    The format is wide open, but currently people are only playing RDW or Field of the dead / Golos decks.
    I don't know if the kethis combo deck is still viable.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    The format is wide open, but currently people are only playing RDW or Field of the dead / Golos decks.
    I don't know if the kethis combo deck is still viable.
    Yeah, so far I've seen people streaming those. I saw some interesting lists, like Dimir Spectors which almost assuredly sucks, but appeals to my inner Timmy or UW artifact aggro but that probably kind of sucks too.

I probably just need to see how many wildcards I'd need to use to get to a Golos deck. I know I have at least 2 Golos himself that I got in packs, but I don't recall what else.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, so far I've seen people streaming those. I saw some interesting lists, like Dimir Spectors which almost assuredly sucks, but appeals to my inner Timmy or UW artifact aggro but that probably kind of sucks too.

I probably just need to see how many wildcards I'd need to use to get to a Golos deck. I know I have at least 2 Golos himself that I got in packs, but I don't recall what else.
    Dimir spectors. I mean i love to play some thief of sanity, but I also like to win :)

I've just checked the 20 cards that were added to the format, There is probably a good elf deck with the addition of elvish visionnary and imperious perfect! (Fauna shaman could also be played as a good tutor for lords or Beast whisperer) And Captain sissay could be a (slow) tutor in Kethis combo, adding consistency.
    There is probably also a good artifact deck in the format. Between sai / emry / Tezzeret / mind stone / Saheli... etc... but that may be another "dimir spector" deck :)

Elfball definitely seems viable, blue "affinity" also seems to be getting some play.

I've got few wildcards left so just put together a super cheap U/R wizards deck for now but will see how the format develops. Probably worth buying the anthology bundle if you have the gems for it.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

In Historic ranked, I'm playing Mono U artifacts with Emry and Saï and having fun.
    Loads of people are playing Esper doom foretold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    In Historic ranked, I'm playing Mono U artifacts with Emry and Saï and having fun.
    Loads of people are playing Esper doom foretold.
    What's your Artifacts list?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    What's your Artifacts list?
    I'll try to export the list tonight.

obviously, i'm playing the 4 emry + 4 sai.
    Someting like 9 to 10 1 mana artifacts (cauldron as removal, well as card advantage).
    4 mind stones
    4 steel overseer + 4 2 mana 1/4 artifact creature for the obvious synergy (with emry also).
    some 1/1 flyers that draw
    2x traxos
    1 karn and 2 karn the great.
    in the sideboard, some artifact silver bullets and some counterspells.

it's fun to play. not sure it is competitive :) (although i'm winning enough)

Cool, i figured it would be something along those lines. Might give it a go as I think I should have most of the rares for it already but kinda low on wildcards at the moment and not sure whether to save them to keep grinding standard after Theros or switch focus to historic. Kinda want long-term decent queues for historic to be announced if I'm gonna start crafting decks for it.

Currently playing Golgari Adventure in Standard, the Lucky Clover version, and it is pretty enjoyable and I hope will survive rotation in some form.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Forgot about one of the best artifact that should be played as a 4 of in the deck (but i'm playing only one because i Didn't want to spend the wild cards): Stonecoil serpent :)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Kinda want long-term decent queues for historic to be announced if I'm gonna start crafting decks for it.
    What do you mean by this? What's wrong with the current Historic Ranked play? (Serious question, I honestly don't know what the difference would be.)

Historic does really seem very wide open. Mind you, I am not playing at some super high rank, I'm Silver. Still, I racked up some extra Wild Cards with a Historic mono-Red Cavalcade deck when I started playing. Now, using some of the cards I go from that Twitch Prime Liliana deck, I am playing a UB Control deck. Basically a ton of removal plus a few counterspells. I'm doing OK, but it can't compete with the 8-Teferi Esper decks, but that's fine, it has about 12 less Mythics, haha. I actually don't even have a full playset of Watery Graves, but I've only lost a few games from playing bad ETBT lands.

Honestly, the format mostly sucks, but for free it sucks a little less than just not playing Magic (to me).

New historic anthology to be released:

https://mtgazone.com/historic-anthology-2-cards/

Of course, since Historic is mostly played Bo1, anything that does not slot into aggro decks can be ignored.

The latest big news, human drafts are coming. That's another dent on MTGO.

Thread Information