Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: MTG Arena General Discussion

Re: MTG Arena

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    I have five beta key codes to give away if anyone wants in on Arena. PM me or reply here in thread.
    I also have 5 codes if anyone wants one.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    Is it still PC only?
    Yes, they don't have it working on mobile yet.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Is it still PC only?
    Used this super neato new thing called google

>Q. What platforms will MTG Arena be available on?
    >
    >A. We're starting with PC only, but we've built MTG Arena on a flexible engine to expand to other platforms when it's ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Used this super neato new thing called google

>Q. What platforms will MTG Arena be available on?
    >
    >A. We're starting with PC only, but we've built MTG Arena on a flexible engine to expand to other platforms when it's ready.
    Translation:
    "We're putting it on other platforms when Hasbro forces us to due to shareholder pressure, ready or not."

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Thanks I never heard of Google. I'll bookmark it.
    -rob

I cant even give my 5 codes all away. Says something about the interest in this product.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Thanks I never heard of Google. I'll bookmark it.
    You made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Prime View Post
    I cant even give my 5 codes all away. Says something about the interest in this product.
    So we now have 15 codes on offer on this thread alone and nobody wants them... indeed.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    So we now have 15 codes on offer on this thread alone and nobody wants them... indeed.
    Just going to go out on a limb and assume most of us here are probably outside the target market.

I've been offered a lot of keys as well from my non legacy magic friends. I'm interested in this product in so far as i liked Duels of the Planeswalkers as a fun distraction. But i don't have an interest in messing around with an unfinished product especially considering all the stuff i've read in here.
    If (and it's a big if) when this thing is done and it can be a casual fun thing to mess around in, and it works and the economy isn't complete garbage, i'll try it out and probably some Brawl or whatever doesn't chew up a bunch of time and money. I dont' really play video games at all, the last one i did was Duels. I don't have any illusions that this would replace competitive IRL play for me, i'm just hoping its a fun functional distraction in the end. I won't hold my breath.

Just sharing this because it's fucking hilarious. This is an actual post from one of the MTG:Arena devs on the beta forum, about why there's no update thing like there should be today.

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasWolfram
    Hey all! Due to some technical difficulties (my computer is very sick, and the prognosis is not looking good), the Community Spotlight has been pushed out until tomorrow. See you then!

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Just sharing this because it's fucking hilarious. This is an actual post from one of the MTG:Arena devs on the beta forum, about why there's no update thing like there should be today.
    At least that guy has a fallback career as a Tech Journalist. Too bad he didn't just say it was a "glitch".
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Mar 2007

Sounds like he caught a virus when clicking on a sketchy pop-up or visiting a dubious site. Which is totally in the realm of possibility, given how stupid WotC employees are in context of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    At least that guy has a fallback career as a Tech Journalist. Too bad he didn't just say it was a "glitch".
    "Why visiting a Jace smut site gave my computer aids - and that's a good thing! - Here's why"

Arena has been a blast. Much better progression system than Duels or any of the prior games used. Wild cards are very rewarding to collect and redeem.

It just really sucks how wizards adverized Duels as being the product that gets all future sets when it released a few years ago, and after people put a bunch of cash into it, announced they are dropping it for this and neither the cards nor the actual cash spent will carry over.

That just makes me hesitant to put any money into Arena. Who knows how long till Wizards drops this too, and not carry over any of the cards people bought with actual money over to Arena 2 or whatever they replace it with. Yes they said this one is permanent but they said the same thing about Duels and got people to spend a ton in Duels.

As far as the game itself, its great. It feels like a final product, not a beta.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

yeah, for those saying that it sucks, you obviously did not log in since a long time :)

there are only three real bad points today:
    - Limited cardpool: You can't play legacy on it
    - Drafts are done with bots and not humans
    - No sealed experience at all

The game still has bugs thought. Yesterday, when one of my eternalized sunscourge champions died while others were doing lethal damage, on of them ended up in my hand has a card i could eternalized :) Also, song of freyalize 3rd step doesn't use the stack. you have to stop in the upkeep if you want to do something before the trigger happens (like creating a token at instant speed for example).
    It's still a very good game compared to it's competitors like HS.

Cards with any kind of "cast from the graveyard" ability on them show up in your hand in Arena. They're separated from cards actually in your hand a little bit, but the Sunscourge appearing in your hand wasn't a bug. That said, the game is riddled with bugs and freezes and other issues. And the deckbuilder is so bad they've admitted they're scrapping it and replacing it with something new entirely. But yes, it is much, much, much better than it was a few months ago.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Cards with any kind of "cast from the graveyard" ability on them show up in your hand in Arena. They're separated from cards actually in your hand a little bit, but the Sunscourge appearing in your hand wasn't a bug. That said, the game is riddled with bugs and freezes and other issues. And the deckbuilder is so bad they've admitted they're scrapping it and replacing it with something new entirely. But yes, it is much, much, much better than it was a few months ago.
    it was the token card that was in my hand for a few seconds before the end og the game :) so yes it was a bug.

aaahhh yes; i forgot to mention that the deck builder is crappy.
    the filtering options on the collection is crappy too. you cannot filter by edition or format.

It was a long wait but it looks like MTG Arena will be launching Nov 27...

https://mobile.twitter.com/geoffkeig...04399631822849

I've never played Hearthstone but I have played Eternal. I'd say the UI is pretty much exactly the same. Things are pretty intuitive. One problem I had was trying to hold priority/only let part of the stack resolve so I could respond. Anyone know how to do that? I had a match where I almost lost where I wanted to cast a Glimmer before countering their spell. As soon as I cast Glimmer the whole stack resolved.

My biggest complaint after messing around with Arena for the past couple of days is that the graphics are too intense for my poor 7 year old laptop

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    It was a long wait but it looks like MTG Arena will be launching Nov 27...
    Out of all launch dates they could choose, they chose the one next to Artifact? Or where do you get that from?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Out of all launch dates they could choose, they chose the one next to Artifact? Or where do you get that from?
    The same thing that they get from running PT 25th Anniversary on GenCon weekend - Everyone knowing that their marketing staff is made up of morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Thread Information