Thread: Introducing: Wacky Deli - Decktech & Legacy League

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Introducing: Wacky Deli - Decktech & Legacy League

Today, we release a force back into Legacy that has been away for over eleven years now. A force, that was so destructive, a lot of people shied away from it as they just couldn't handle the swings produced by it. And those people who dared to control such force, were all quickly absorbed and corrupted by it. Eventually, a whole generation of Legacy enthusiast decided it was better to leave this force behind, sealed away in the darkest and deepest vaults of our collective memory. As years passed by it became dark around the once self-proclaimed most innovative deck in Legacy...and Wacky Deli faded into obscurity. From nightmare, to legend to myth.

Today, we are going back. Going back to where it all began as we unlock a vile force that has been lying dormant for much too long..

Introducing: Wacky Deli - Decktech & Legacy League

Thanks for watching,
    -Julian
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Re: Introducing: Wacky Deli - Decktech & Legacy League

Very cool, it looks hella fun to play. And the quality of your videos is very good, easy to follow. Kudos.

The cheese truly is the best character on the show

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Miss this deck!
    -rob

bruizar

what a sweet sweet deck. More posts like this!

Wow, thats insane tech! Really thinking of getting some academy rector before the buyout begins

Quote Originally Posted by janchu88 View Post
    Wow, thats insane tech! Really thinking of getting some academy rector before the buyout begins
    You mean before the buyout continues...

What a brilliant deck and video.

And yeah, Rector may just continue to go up. The more giant enchantments that get printed, the more ridiculous things you can do with it.

Like with Rector Fit, I think probably the best enchantment to grab is Cruel Reality, followed by Overwhelming Splendor.

I think this deck has too many cantrips and Moxen to really get the benefit out of Dovescape, but if you're in a bind against Storm that may be enough. I'm not sure what other anti-spell enchantments there are to grab, aside from something like Decree of Silence. Maybe roll the dice with Forced Fruition

I don't even care that it's an April Fools, that was great.
    Last edited by Claymore; 04-02-2018 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    What a brilliant deck and video.

And yeah, Rector may just continue to go up. The more giant enchantments that get printed, the more ridiculous things you can do with it.

Like with Rector Fit, I think probably the best enchantment to grab is Cruel Reality, followed by Overwhelming Splendor.

I think this deck has too many cantrips and Moxen to really get the benefit out of Dovescape, but if you're in a bind against Storm that may be enough. I'm not sure what other anti-spell enchantments there are to grab, aside from something like Decree of Silence. Maybe roll the dice with Forced Fruition

I don't even care that it's an April Fools, that was great.
    Nether void is good vs storm

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Pirate Stompy is the superior deck
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Some deck suggestions:
    You got colorscrewed by the Urborg at least twice. The only lands you have that don't tap for black are fetchlands, which can find black sources, and Phyrexian Tower, which can make black mana at the only time when you need a lot of it (casting spite). I would just cut the Urborg for another Dual or Fetchland. You could also to try 1 Cavern of Souls maybe, then the entire combo (Rector + Spite) can be 'uncounterable'.

Sandwurm Convergence seems like a better maindeck card than form of the Dragon (the way you were talking about it not beating Simian Spirit Guide I think you are forgetting / underrating the fact it makes a 5/5 every turn)
    Cruel Reality is better vs TNN but worse vs Young Pyromancer. Maybe this is fine because you still have removal spells to deal with Young Pyro. Cruel Reality can also be cast off Dark Rituals.
    The Sandwurm tokens let you flashback Cabal Therapies, which might be relevant sometimes.

You mentioned possibly playing Pact of Negation; it can't counter Stifle or Surgical on the Rector because your hand will be discarded by Kaervek's Spite. If you want to guarantee the Rector resolves then play Cavern

One card that hasn't been suggested for the Dovescape 'slot' is Shared Fate, which is probably still not good (if you Shared Fate a storm player they probably can't ever win but most likely you can't either). It's 100% confirmed wacky though so maybe it's an auto-include

One other anti-combo option would be to include a small curse 'package'.
    You play Curse of Misfortunes, Curse of Exhaustion, and Cruel Reality, then 1 Rector activation finds both Rule of Law and a win condition. This is obviously less good if you want a Dovescape type of card for any matchup that isn't specifically Storm. It also gives your opponent a 1 turn window to go off before you can put the Rule of Law into play. Forced Fruition is not the worst idea vs Storm but you just insta-lose if they're playing Chain of Vapor

If you do want to keep playing Confiscation theres a 7 mana version in Amonkhet block with Cycling {2} which is probably a slight upgrade. Otherwise just play Control Magic which you can maybe hardcast on Griselbrand. Is there any situation where you win by stealing a noncreature permanent?

Anyway great videos, Julian #1 for Legacy content on youtube.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Awesome article. I watched the deck teck, will get to the matches later. Loved the Berta-cheaty comment with Thought Reflection/Brainstorm!
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Awesome article. I watched the deck teck, will get to the matches later. Loved the Berta-cheaty comment with Thought Reflection/Brainstorm!
    Theres a 10/10 moment in round 4 or so where he forgets what it's called and just refers to it as the 'Bertoncini Overdrive card'

Nether Void probably is the correct anti-combo card. I wasn't looking for enchantments <6 mana, and Void can be Ritualed out turn 1 or 2 (with a Mox).
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Nether Void probably is the correct anti-combo card. I wasn't looking for enchantments <6 mana, and Void can be Ritualed out turn 1 or 2 (with a Mox).
    And then how do you win the game?
    Get to 7 mana (without Rituals) so you can play rector and then follow it up with Spite the turn after? Maybe this is acceptable (because you can still keep the opponent off balance with 4 mana therapies etc) but that's a lot of time for Storm to find 4 lands and then Chain of Vapor it.

It does work well with the Cavern idea though

Great watch!

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Game 1 against Sneak you let the annihilatior trigger resolve, with rector on the stack spite him. Why did we conceed there?

Quote Originally Posted by Technics View Post
    Game 1 against Sneak you let the annihilatior trigger resolve, with rector on the stack spite him. Why did we conceed there?
    This already got pointed out in the youtube comments
    I'm interested to know if the results were faked or just the pairings

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    This already got pointed out in the youtube comments
    I'm interested to know if the results were faked or just the pairings
    I'm going to assume they played enough games to get the results/games they needed. So each game is real, just cherry picked.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Thread Information