Hey folks! Hope it's alright to post this here.

The three articles I wrote about my build of mono-blue painter featuring Chalice of the Void and a tutor package to get around the non-bo of Chalice and Grindstone are all now available at The Library at Pendrell Vale.

The first part is a history of the recent developments in the Painter archetype since the Sensei's Divining Top ban. I go into my reasons for eschewing the traditional shells for Painter, namely Imperial Painter/Strawberry Shortcake and Painted Stone, and my thinking behind including Chalice.

In the second part, there's an in-depth discussion of the cards in the main deck and how to get the best use out of them. There are a lot of fun niche interactions with cards like Painter's Servant in Legacy—did you know, for example, that if you have a Chrome Mox imprinting a blue card, and you name red with Painter's Servant you can tap your Chrome Mox for red mana as well?

Part three talks about a number of sideboard options for the deck as well as possible cards to play in the main deck. It's not a sideboard guide per se, but that is something I'm working on as well so stay tuned.

Thanks to Tom Kellock for inviting me to write for The Library, and also for convincing Dr. Rich Shay (aka The Atog Lord) to play the deck on his stream. He seemed to enjoy it a fair bit and ended up going 5-0 with it in a league, which you can see on YouTube here.

Tom and I also recorded a video series of a league, although thanks to a couple of egregious misplays and some miserable luck, we ended up doing ... significantly less well. Still, we had fun, and I promise the result was an anomaly! That video series will be going up on The Library at Pendrell Vale's YouTube channel some time in the next few days.

I'd love to hear your feedback about the articles, and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the deck. Would be really cool to see a few more people pick it up and take it for a spin.

The deck is an ongoing project, so as a bonus here is the list I'm currently playing, in which I'm testing Chrome Mox over some of the City of Traitors to up the blue source count for Whir of Invention.

Maindeck

4 Chalice of the Void
2 Grindstone
2 Chrome Mox
2 Sorcerous Spyglass
2 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Ratchet Bomb
1 Engineered Explosives

4 Painter's Servant
4 Trinket Mage
1 Spellskite

4 Force of Will