What is it about the smuggler's copter that doesn't impress? it gives you a guy that flies, does minimal damage and draws cards. and it usually only gets removed on the turn it becomes a creature. Isn't that kinda ok at least? Maybe compared to LutS it doesn't do enough.

with all the talk about the copter being bad, i thought about thopter foundry and sword of the meek. If we're worried about fliers, the combo basically gives us enough blockers to stone most attackers, and given a couple of turns, you'd probably be able to get yourself a small squadron of fliers. And its somewhat terminus and swords to plowshares-'proof'.
I suspect it's too colour intensive to get into play though. mine is built on 2 mox diamond and 4 lotus petal (i don't have the budget for 3 city if traitors). My brief testing (3 foundry/2 sword) has been tricky to get into play, but when i land a foundry, it gives us a pretty good clock/resiliency against a lot of problems (namely, that the opponent is still alive).

I had one question about opposing abrupt decays. we're just going to have to live with it, right?

Last question/suggestion: thoughts on Duergar Hedge-Mage? it's like manic vandal, isn't a human, but it has the potential to also nab an opposing sylvan library, leyline of sanctity, or whatevers as a minor bonus. Not sure if its restriction of 2 or more mountains makes it unplayable or not.