Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Strawberry Shortcake

Re: [Deck] Strawberry Shortcake

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    11-4 to finish. Ended in 14th still.

Nice! What'd you lose to? Still on the one Blood Moon plan?

Gratz for the run man. Was good to see a Painter on feature table. It's been a long time !

Congrats on the finish, can't wait to see the VOD

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Good run. Respectable finish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Overall summary:

W: ANT, Eldrazi x2, Aluren, Maverick, Miracles x2, Dnt x2, grix control, 4c loam

L: Dnt, Infect, grix delver, ape and chimp.

Decent number of blowout wins, bunch of close grindy ones. Losses were very close for the most part, with some punts mixed in for good measure

thoughts in a report later prolly
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Surgical over something like Tormods (I see the small split) just because being on the draw against reanimator I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Overall summary:

W: ANT, Eldrazi x2, Aluren, Maverick, Miracles x2, Dnt x2, grix control, 4c loam

L: Dnt, Infect, grix delver, ape and chimp.

Decent number of blowout wins, bunch of close grindy ones. Losses were very close for the most part, with some punts mixed in for good measure

thoughts in a report later prolly
    #HomeyNeedsToChill #SealOfCleansingMyAss

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Surgical over something like Tormods (I see the small split) just because being on the draw against reanimator I guess?
    Yea surgicals are there for the turn 0 interaction, and then you hope that buys you enough time to either Recruiter -> Containment Priest or E-tutor -> Crypt. I felt like the split gave the broadest coverage and access from our tutors. Surgicals can help against non-graveyard combo since we have countermagic as well as miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    #HomeyNeedsToChill #SealOfCleansingMyAss

True, Grindstone > Energy Field. But yea I had no idea that Wizards nerfed us again by changing the Humility rule, so be careful friends lest you end up in a parking lot brawl over an additional starcity pro point
    Strawberry Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

Excellent work Bob!!

What did they change for Humility? Also how much better objectively does this deck get once we have access to some explodey gobbos?

True, Grindstone > Energy Field. But yea I had no idea that Wizards nerfed us again by changing the Humility rule, so be careful friends lest you end up in a parking lot brawl over an additional starcity pro point[/QUOTE]

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

If humility comes down before painter then painter doesn't name a color when it comes into play.

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Fyi, bug is fixed!

Two 4-1 leagues since the bug fix. www.twitch.tv/heyclutch

Fixed link.
    Last edited by SDBobPlissken; 10-05-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Empire View Post
    Excellent work Bob!!
    Lol thanks homie

Quote Originally Posted by SDBobPlissken View Post
    Two 4-1 leagues since the bug fix. www.twitch.tv.com/heyclutch
    Your link is busted, https://www.twitch.tv/heyclutch

Fired up modo again to start cratermaker testing. Only played one match. I killed a Jitte game 1 against DnT. Already a boss.

I also finally got my report up Source Wars: Episode V - Wizards Strikes Back
    Last edited by Kap'n Cook; 10-06-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    Strawberry Shortcake

#FreeNedleeds

Your link is busted, https://www.twitch.tv/heyclutch

Also I finally fired up modo again to start cratermaker testing. Only played one match. I killed a Jitte game 1 against DnT. Already a boss.

I also finally got my report up Source Wars: Episode V - Wizards Strikes Back
    Fixed link. Thanks. That was a great read. Congrats on the finish. It was nice to see Shortcake on camera again.

"I also knew that people still think Death and Taxes is a good deck and would lie to themselves and sleeve it up regardless..."

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Anyone still on karn? I put them back in over the lavaman/2nd moon, and already I kind of missed the raw card advantage in the dnt/miracles/grixis games. I’m wondering also because while it hasn’t come up yet, cratermaker plus copter lets you kill angler, so protecting karn now against everything is a real possibility. the issue is space though, since you’d probably want two to be able to piggyback on the original cards exiles with silver counters. Any thoughts?
    Strawberry Shortcake

#FreeNedleeds

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

You can always shave, but I know how you feel about that (eg shave a recruiter, blast or a canonist) or cut the e.e. main. Don't know. I'm on a pretty different list (4 blood moon main) so it's hard to compare. Overall the issue I have is grixis control so I'm trying to improve my matchup against that deck as it is a very significant part of the field.
    @Bobplisken: watched your stream. It's interesting some of the different lines we take but it's really informative actually. Thanks for doing that.
    @kapn: also read your report. Good stuff. Lots of work went into that one.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    You can always shave, but I know how you feel about that (eg shave a recruiter, blast or a canonist) or cut the e.e. main. Don't know. I'm on a pretty different list (4 blood moon main) so it's hard to compare. Overall the issue I have is grixis control so I'm trying to improve my matchup against that deck as it is a very significant part of the field.
    @Bobplisken: watched your stream. It's interesting some of the different lines we take but it's really informative actually. Thanks for doing that.
    @kapn: also read your report. Good stuff. Lots of work went into that one.

What's the list right now?
    Strawberry Shortcake

#FreeNedleeds

Nice write-up, Jack, your TRs are always fun to read.

I've done five or six leagues with something close to the 4 Cannonist list all to 4-1 or 3-2 finishes. Some of that is definitely rust and in-experience on a list without Blue, though. I lost to Modern Humans with Wasteland and Mom because I suck. (SHAME)

A few thoughts:

I was entirely unconvinced on the Cannonists when I started. Bear seem so much less game winning than Blood Moon. After playing 50 games I have completely come around. Blood Moon is marginal right now -- Leaving aside Miracles there are infinite basics right now. I lost to a Canadian deck because he had a basic Island. Cannonist, on the other hand, slows the tempo of the game way down. It stops Miracle shenanigans, snapcaster shenanigans, cantrip-into-threat shenanigans. Really, it stops shenanigans of all kinds.

The biggest thing I had trouble with was Tarmojoyce. For two leagues I played almost nothing but BUG midrange and had more */1s cast against me in that ten game stretch than I have in the previous six months. It makes me want to play another bridge. But maybe I'm just using ET wrong.

Anyway, I am 99% on shortcake for Champs. I have got to dig out my Ice Age Pyroclasms and make my Enlighten Tutors match (SHAME).

This is no joke: I'm either running Painter or Minotaurs for EW.

Thread Information