Quote Originally Posted by tired_papasmurf View Post
http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/131272

Got 11th in an SCG Classic running 4/4 Welder/Engineer split feat 4 Astrolabes as Welder food + fixing. Beat 4c Control, Miricles, Grixis Delver, Turbo Depths, Stoneblade, and Infect. Lost to Lands (with a spicy sideboard) and UR Delver. Managed to dodge Chalice decks and SnS, and looking around it seemed like Post was everywhere.

I'm big on Engineer. It was gas and I felt like it was allowing me to keep threatening to combo way more than before we had it. Recruiting it to get a Grindstone was 👌, and with the full 8 Welders the yard was pretty live. I didnt see any Surgicals all day, so I not sure if they're just low in the meta right now or I got lucky; only gravehate I saw was New Ashiok out of the Stoneblade or Miricles list.

4 Bolts in the side is very correct imo, especially for Arcanist which just runs a train on whoever's sitting across from it.

Changes I would have liked to make is go back to 20 lands with +1 Great Furnace (felt like I had very little mana all day) and +1 ETutor (2 felt like too few), not sure what I would want to take out. With 4 Petals, 4 Labes, and 3 Grindstones, I feel like I had just enough cheap artifacts to get the Welders started, I dont know if you should go lower if you're running the full 8.
Just want to say that I'm a big fan of this list. It does seem from looking at it that it's a bit more all in on combo than normal lists though. Beat down plan looks incredibly weak. I also would be a tad bit worried about grave hate, but I think it's a good list. I like that you get to incorporate an extra moon in the current meta and labe helps you still make white. Good run by you it sounds like though. Interested to hear how some matches played out