Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GP Seattle

Jul 2013
    Texas

Re: GP Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    This 'underdog' narrative is so stupid, I'm sure there are Tundra players who appreciate that their deck is still playable
    Their deck was always still going to be playable. The other decks had no chance.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yes. Because one deck plays Brainstorm and the others do not (maybe Cloudpost does but that basically only existed because it beats Miracles)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    This 'underdog' narrative is so stupid, I'm sure there are Tundra players who appreciate that their deck is still playable
    And good luck to them with their deck. I'm not asking for anyone to be banned out of the format. That said I didn't really want to put my Alpha REB up for sale, my Recruiters or my Moons up for sale but did. We lost top and we all knew that was going to be the option. I'm sure those Tundra lost so much Value while Painter became unplayable. Something had to be done though.

It's just sad that what we lost was interesting and fun and what we kept was the same shit with a different patterned toilet paper.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

I could care less about top 64. I need more of this! What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Monoblue Minotaurs 3-1 currently!

It's just sad that what we lost was interesting and fun and what we kept was the same shit with a different patterned toilet paper.
    I agree Painter was interesting and fun; and I lament the format's loss. This coming from a guy who almost never beat the cursed deck!

That said, I am glad we kept Miracles, because it is also interesting and fun. Between the heavy "top deck matters" theme, and the fact that it's a dedicated stack based control deck with very little in the way of actual threats, makes it a distinctive deck. I think it's uniqueness gets downplayed because it:

- Is a cantrip deck
    - Is a frustrating "hard control" deck
    - Was top dog for so very long.
    - Survived a (hefty) ban but is still tier-1.

I believe these features have garnered a lot of resentment for Miracles that the current version doesn't really deserve.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

That said I didn't really want to put my Alpha REB up for sale, my Recruiters or my Moons up for sale but did. We lost top and we all knew that was going to be the option. I'm sure those Tundra lost so much Value while Painter became unplayable. Something had to be done though.

Don't sell your painter stuff just yet. That deck is still gasoline although you can't beat strong Grixis draws #bandeathrite.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Thread Information