Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Bizarro Stormy (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Griselbrand)

Jun 2013
    Hasselt, Belgium

Re: Bizarro Stormy (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Griselbrand)

Hey Acclimation, in your esper list in the post with the sideboard guide you only list 14 cards. What is your 15th sideboard card?
    Thanks in advance!

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Gitaxias View Post
    Hey Acclimation, in your esper list in the post with the sideboard guide you only list 14 cards. What is your 15th sideboard card?
    Thanks in advance!
    Good catch!

I, uh, don't remember, because I changed up my sb configuration for my local meta last event, and don't remember exactly what it was that I changed in my sb...

I would assume it's either:

• 3rd Silence
    • 3rd Bounce spell (either another Chain of Vapor or an Echoing Truth)
    • 2nd Swords to Plowshares

It could also be a random fun card or some other niche card for your meta. I don't think my SB guide mentions anything that the 14 card sb list doesn't have, so it's fairly open ended.

As of right now, my list has the following changes:

-1 Unburial Rites (flex slot)
    +1 Reanimate

SB:
    1 Tendrils
    3 Silent Gravestone
    3 Silence
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Serenity
    1 Disenchant
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Hurkyl's Recall

I was wanting to try out Reanimate, since my meta has a bit more reanimator decks than normal, so having the ability to snipe someone else's Griselbrand seemed like a good utility, on top of being tutorable off of Spellseeker, at the expense of being able to Entomb for Rites. For the SB, I've been wanting more Swords to deal with the afformentioned decks, as they're a bit faster than me, and having more removal helps soften the blow of not having Massacre vs D&T and Maverick, which are both absent in my meta, but are likely to show up.
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    Good catch!

I, uh, don't remember, because I changed up my sb configuration for my local meta last event, and don't remember exactly what it was that I changed in my sb...

I would assume it's either:

• 3rd Silence
    • 3rd Bounce spell (either another Chain of Vapor or an Echoing Truth)
    • 2nd Swords to Plowshares

It could also be a random fun card or some other niche card for your meta. I don't think my SB guide mentions anything that the 14 card sb list doesn't have, so it's fairly open ended.

As of right now, my list has the following changes:

-1 Unburial Rites (flex slot)
    +1 Reanimate

SB:
    1 Tendrils
    3 Silent Gravestone
    3 Silence
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Serenity
    1 Disenchant
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Hurkyl's Recall

I was wanting to try out Reanimate, since my meta has a bit more reanimator decks than normal, so having the ability to snipe someone else's Griselbrand seemed like a good utility, on top of being tutorable off of Spellseeker, at the expense of being able to Entomb for Rites. For the SB, I've been wanting more Swords to deal with the afformentioned decks, as they're a bit faster than me, and having more removal helps soften the blow of not having Massacre vs D&T and Maverick, which are both absent in my meta, but are likely to show up.
    What's your 60 look like? I am curious with the white splash I have been with playing a stockish green splash since before the ban. Been messing around with different cards since the ban trying to figure out what I like.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by WarpWorld View Post
    What's your 60 look like? I am curious with the white splash I have been with playing a stockish green splash since before the ban. Been messing around with different cards since the ban trying to figure out what I like.
    It's this guy from the last page. I like this 58, and tinker with flex slots. I feel like these are all solid flex options: 15th land, 8th discard, Spellseeker, 1-2 Preordain, Unburial Rites, 4th LED, 4th Griselbrand, 3rd Cabal Ritual, Intuition, Reanimate, 3rd Corpse Dance. If you decide that you want 9 discard spells, Unmask is great as a 2 or 3 of. For a 15th land, 3rd Underground Sea would be my first pick.

4 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Scrubland
    1 Tundra
    2 Underground Sea

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

2 Cabal Ritual
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal

4 Thoughtseize
    2 Collective Brutality
    1 Cabal Therapy

3 Griselbrand
    1 Magus of the Mind

1 Past in Flames
    4 Shallow Grave
    4 Entomb
    2 Corpse Dance
    1 Mastermind's Acquisition

2 Flex Slots (Currently SpellSeeker and Reanimate)
    @acclimation6 on twitter

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

It's this guy from the last page. I like this 58, and tinker with flex slots. I feel like these are all solid flex options: 15th land, 8th discard, Spellseeker, 1-2 Preordain, Unburial Rites, 4th LED, 4th Griselbrand, 3rd Cabal Ritual, Intuition, Reanimate, 3rd Corpse Dance. If you decide that you want 9 discard spells, Unmask is great as a 2 or 3 of. For a 15th land, 3rd Underground Sea would be my first pick.

4 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Scrubland
    1 Tundra
    2 Underground Sea

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

2 Cabal Ritual
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal

4 Thoughtseize
    2 Collective Brutality
    1 Cabal Therapy

3 Griselbrand
    1 Magus of the Mind

1 Past in Flames
    4 Shallow Grave
    4 Entomb
    2 Corpse Dance
    1 Mastermind's Acquisition

2 Flex Slots (Currently SpellSeeker and Reanimate)
    Sweet I will have to give white try. I do like the idea of spellseeker having played with it in other decks. Doesn't seem like something I want to reanimate but getting the shallow grave seems fine. I have been playing with 1 chrome Mox as the 15th Mana source +2 discard spells and 2 Preordain in place of the probes and 1 brainstorm since the ban.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Sweet I will have to give white try. I do like the idea of spellseeker having played with it in other decks. Doesn't seem like something I want to reanimate but getting the shallow grave seems fine. I have been playing with 1 chrome Mox as the 15th Mana source +2 discard spells and 2 Preordain in place of the probes and 1 brainstorm since the ban.
    I've been liking Spellseeker quite a bit over the last month. Sample Spellseeker plays:

• 3 Lands in play, Entomb in hand: Dark Ritual, Spellseeker, tutor Reanimate, Entomb for Griselbrand, Reanimate Griselbrand
    • Tutor Cabal Therapy, strip my opponent's hand of Surgical and Flusterstorm and go off the next turn
    • Reanimate for value (sometimes you have more reanimation than Entomb)
    • With PiF and a stocked GY: flashback reanimation, tutor Ritual, sac to Therapy, flashback reanimation, tutor another ritual, MA for Tendrils (this one had a lot of mana needed)

Intuition does storm-centric lines a bit better, as well as act as a 5th Entomb , but Spellseeker is a very serviceable option, since you don't have to worry about your opponent choosing what card you get. I've also adjusted my sb to contain more tutorable cards. The only downside is that it's a bit slow at 3 cmc. The only time I'm worried about opposing removal messing with our Shallow Graves with this card is if I'm about to lose next turn or if the game has gone on so long that I no longer have PiF nor any other reanimation effects left in the deck/hand.

Overall, the white splash has been working well for me. I think that BW builds are probably the better lists at the moment, but Serenity, Silence, Swords, and Disenchant have been solid cards for me.
    @acclimation6 on twitter

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Intuition does storm-centric lines a bit better, as well as act as a 5th Entomb , but Spellseeker is a very serviceable option, since you don't have to worry about your opponent choosing what card you get. I've also adjusted my sb to contain more tutorable cards. The only downside is that it's a bit slow at 3 cmc. The only time I'm worried about opposing removal messing with our Shallow Graves with this card is if I'm about to lose next turn or if the game has gone on so long that I no longer have PiF nor any other reanimation effects left in the deck/hand.

Overall, the white splash has been working well for me. I think that BW builds are probably the better lists at the moment, but Serenity, Silence, Swords, and Disenchant have been solid cards for me.
    I tried Spellseeker in a Burning Wish list for a bit as well - overall the card felt only OK in that build. My list basically has 1 flex slot at the moment, that could be Spellseeker, Intuition, 2nd Corpse Dance, 4th LED.

Spellseeker was interesting though - it has some really cool/wacky corner case lines to it with Therapy, Shallow Grave, and Reanimate, as you mention above. It's got a lot of play to it, which I definitely do like. I've been testing Intuition over the past week, as it serves a somewhat similar function. Overall I've liked that better, mostly due to being instant speed as well as costing 1 less mana to become an entomb effect. It's also has a lot of play to it.

That said - I think it's very likely that Spellseeker is better if you're not running Burning Wish, as you have more sideboard space to run tutor targets for it - like Silence, Swords to Plowshares, Disenchant, etc. One thing I've been wanting sometimes with Burning Wish is the ability to tutor for a ritual - Spellseeker can do that.
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

One thing I've been wanting sometimes with Burning Wish is the ability to tutor for a ritual - Spellseeker can do that.
    Okay, stay with me now.... Inner Fire

Or Mana Seism

Or even Summer Bloom, which is really interesting in those games where we draw a bunch of lands!
    @acclimation6 on twitter

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Okay, stay with me now.... Inner Fire
    LED makes Inner Fire sad.

I think Bubbling Muck is better in this deck. Similar, and you can recoup from the lands you tapped to cast anything, but making B mana is really important.

Or even Summer Bloom, which is really interesting in those games where we draw a bunch of lands!
    Seems like this is only good post-combo?

Jan 2017
    TN

I think Bubbling Muck is better in this deck. Similar, and you can recoup from the lands you tapped to cast anything, but making B mana is really important.?
    Rain of Filth might be worth consideration then.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit9mm View Post
    Rain of Filth might be worth consideration then.
    You can't wish for that though

Jun 2013
    Hasselt, Belgium

Are there any videos available with the esper version? I have a legacy tournament in a couple of weeks but the only testing I can do by myself is some goldfishing so I would really appreciate to see some actual games played out

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

I don't have any videos, since I'm a paper only player. Maybe I'll borrow a go-pro and strap it to my forehead one of these days.

As a side note, the discord (link in the Primer) has a lot of discussion on other builds of the deck (as well as other Tinfins variants), so for anyone reading this and wanting to learn more about Burning Wish or green builds, please join us in the Sealab!
    @acclimation6 on twitter

I recorded a video of myself playing through a league and posted it to youtube. Hope that you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psV9...ature=youtu.be

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by ManaT View Post
    I recorded a video of myself playing through a league and posted it to youtube. Hope that you enjoy it.
    Thanks for this. I did enjoy your video. I am on almost your 75 right now. You had some tough breaks. The biggest thing for me is when to mullagn. I find the games I lose are the ones where I only find half of the deck. Have you missed corpse dance? I was playing 2 Preordain but cut back to 1 recently, how have they been for you? As a wish target reanimate vs exhume. Is there room for both?

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

So, for those interested, this is the 75 I took to Richmond:

1 Badlands
    1 Bayou
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Island
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Burning Wish
    2 Cabal Ritual
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Corpse Dance
    4 Dark Ritual
    1 Duress
    4 Entomb
    3 Griselbrand
    1 Intuition
    3 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Magus of the Mind
    1 Past in Flames
    4 Ponder
    4 Shallow Grave
    4 Thoughtseize
    Sideboard:

2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Consign // Oblivion
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Exhume
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Massacre
    1 Reverent Silence
    2 Silent Gravestone
    1 Tendrils of Agony

I went 5-3 with 2 byes… not great. The list felt solid (although I would definitely change it going forward, noted below), but I played pretty poorly. I need to practice playing magic more often. :) I lost my win and in for day 2 in the last round, so at least I was live all day. Quick recap of the event:

Round 3: Lands
    I literally killed myself to a known punishing fire in his hand. Whoops. Tilted off and lost that match.

Round 4: Grixis Control
    Lost to 3 thought seize + 3 hymns between the 2 games. Absolutely crushed me.

Round 5: Goblins
    He boarded in 13 cards. Still wasn’t really a match.

Round 6: UB Reanimator
    My discard was enough to get there.

Round 7: Grixis Delver
    Won this matchup handily - Burning Wish for Collective Brutality was really good, if I remember correctly game 1. Empty for 14 got there game 2.

Round 8: UB Shadow
    Game 3, I forgot I had boarded out 2 Griselbrands, and had Ritual, Entomb, Shallow Grave in hand (and also griselbrand). I go for it, forgetting how I boarded… and ritual, entomb for magus and pass. Wow I suck. He won from there. Turns out he had Surgical in his opener anyway, so it wouldn’t have really mattered.

Overall, I felt the deck was solid. Intuition was great all day - I used it in all 3 modes: super entomb, PIF + Entomb + Shallow Grave with lots of mana, and Ritual, Cabal Ritual, PIF to storm off. I really liked the flexibility that Burning Wish allowed me, and Empty the Warrens ended up being very good. Exhume was definitely the correct reanimation to run as opposed to Reanimate - the life loss from reanimate makes it too restrictive late in the game.

The problem with this list is the green splash - the green cards were all very good vs. decks like Miracles, UW Stoneblade, Canadian Threshold, etc. They stacked up very poorly vs. Grixis decks and Shadow. Given the amount of discard (hymns) that I played against, if I were to play the event again, I would cut green and run something like this:

2 Badlands
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Island
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Burning Wish
    2 Cabal Ritual
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Corpse Dance
    4 Dark Ritual
    1 Duress
    4 Entomb
    3 Griselbrand
    1 Intuition
    3 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Magus of the Mind
    1 Past in Flames
    4 Ponder
    4 Shallow Grave
    4 Thoughtseize
    Sideboard:

1 Abrade
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Consign // Oblivion
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Exhume
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Massacre
    1 Pulverize
    2 Silent Gravestone
    1 Tendrils of Agony

Pulverize is probably the best answer to Chalice decks (same thing TES is doing) - and then use boarded in bounce spells to deal with Leyline or RIP, rather than the reverse with the green splash. Flusterstorm comes in vs. Hymn decks and is also better in combo mirrors as well.

I’ll get the primer updated soon as well with some more recent deck lists as well as Acclimations sideboard rundown above.

Thanks for this. I did enjoy your video. I am on almost your 75 right now. You had some tough breaks. The biggest thing for me is when to mullagn. I find the games I lose are the ones where I only find half of the deck. Have you missed corpse dance? I was playing 2 Preordain but cut back to 1 recently, how have they been for you? As a wish target reanimate vs exhume. Is there room for both?
    Yeah, synergistic decks are really hard to mulligan with. I'd actually argue that's the number one skill needed to master them. I haven't missed the corpse dance. An exhume on Griselbrand is almost as good in terms of going off. In fact, exhume can be better in some match ups, such as Delver or Burn.

I think you can make room for both Reanimate and Exhume in your board, if you want to. I know others have. I've rarely found the one extra mana to matter, but the life loss might. It's a lot harder to combo when you can only draw 7.

As for the preordains, I think that's about as good as it gets for the deck, though there are other options. I really wanted to find a way to increase the effective number of Entomb in the deck (same issue with drawing the wrong half of the deck). So I looked at Buried Alive as a wish target, playing Careful Study or Faithless Looting, etc. In the end, I chose Preordain over Faithless Looting because of turn one mana considerations and worrying about grindier games where card advantage is a thing. But I'm willing to be wrong here.

I know most of the convo has moved to discord but I figured I would post my humbling 1-2 result from the previous evenings legacy locals for myself. The list I took was more or less ctrl-c ctrl-v from manaT's most recent list that I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psV9TjWszIM

I swapped the duress's for cabal therapies and put a single stronghold's gambit into the sideboard

Rnd 1 (ANT):
    G1: I keep a hand that is 2 lands, thoughtseize, brainstorm, shallow grave, burning wish, cabal therapy.
    This game was pretty academic. We spend the first turns casting discard spells diminishing the hand quality of each other. However, my 1 extra discard spell puts me ahead, plus the 2 reanimation spells in my opener (grave and wish/exhume) let me get a T3 griselbrand to leade to a magus activation for 18.
    I boarded in 2 fluster storms and gambit to replace 2 preordains and a cabal ritual.
    G2: My hand is 3 lands, gambit, entomb, flusterstorm, dark ritual. It is halfway to a combo on multiple axes with minor disruption so I figure it's a keep. They duress my flusterstorm, followed by me drawing thoughtseize and taking a cantrip. Their slow start then allows me to draw into a griselbrand and gambit into play, a couple of activations, sac to cabal therapy, shallow grave it back, attack are enough. I messed up the combo turn and could not win here, but I was able to cast a bunch of discard spells and leave them with exactly 0 cards in hand after my attack.
    (1-0)

Rnd 2 (UR Delver):
    I cannot find my notes and don't remember these games from memory too well, but in 3 games I got delvered. G3 otp resulted from an all in t2 with flusterstorm back up and was met with fluster, and force+blue card after they mulled to 5.
    "Some days I'm in my yeezy's, some days I'm in my vans"- Robert Frost.
    (1-1)

Rnd 3 (SnS):
    G1: Discard took the omniscience and sneak attack, and left them show and tell. T3 show from my opp. got both of us a Griselbrand into play. My griselbrand activations found a lot of lands and cantrips, with 0 discard and could not fight through the forces found my my opponent.
    G2: I preemptively play LED and lotus petal out during my turn to lower storm count for fluster storm from the opp. I go to shallow grave griselbrand t2, where they flusterstorm, as I go to pay for it with LED they surgical griselbrand.
    (1-2)

--------
    This deck seems a lot of fun, and does some insane stuff during the combo turn, but it feels neither more resilient than blue fins nor faster than red fins from my exhaustive and comprehensive testing of 3 matches.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Took this Burning Wish build to the 40-Duals for Charity event in STL this past Saturday, and posted a 5-3 record for 33rd place out of ~140.

Round 1: UB Eldrazi 2-0

Naturally, I got paired up against a local friend at my LGS game 1, and he brought his UB brew. It's a Chalice deck with Force of Will, Thought-Knot Seer, equipment, Leyline of the Void in the sideboard, and some other cards that make it a bit of a nightmare to navigate. I win the dice roll and get the god hand with a t1 protected kill with Thoughtseize (he had t1 Chalice but no Force). Game 2 goes a bit slower with him landing t0 Leyline, but I end up getting a line with Spellseeker to get in with Tendrils for 18.

Round 2: Grixis Control 0-2

Game 1 I have a hand with Shallow Grave, Thoughtseize, 2 cantrips, and some lands, and never draw into Entomb or another cantrip. I rip a Hymn from his hand t1 with Seize, but draw a Griselbrand the next turn. He ends up making a quick Gurmag Angler, then goes Thoughtseize, snap Thoughtseize to strip my hand of business after I go land->go for 4 turns.
    Game 2 I have a t2 kill with Flusterstorm protection, and he ends up having Surgical+Flusterstorm and gets my Griselbrands. I end up going for a hailmary Magus for 3, flip land, Dark Ritual, Past in Flames. cast spells, go magus for 7 and flip 4 lands, Entomb, and 2 Discard spells (he's hellbent at this point). I bin a ritual and hope to draw LED or another Ritual to flashback PiF to win, and end up drawing mono discard for the next 2 turns before he beats me down with Gurmag.

Round 3: Doomsday 2-0

Once again, I get paired with another LGS friend. Next to us is another set of LGS people playing against each other. To our other side, 2 guys that are roommates are playing against each other. We all have a good laugh. Game 1 I have a hand that can kill on t3, and we end up Duressing each other. He takes my Grave, I take his Infernal Contract. I end up ripping Grave and killing him. Game 2 I keep a slow hand and he ends up casting Doomsday with 0 mana floating while I have Flusterstorm in hand, as well as 2 rituals. I decide to not Fluster his Doomsday, and he makes a pile of Shelldock, Emrakul, Labman, Doomsday, and some other card. He Seizes me, takes one Ritual goes to 7, plays Shelldock. I draw Brainstorm and draw Corpse Dance, Burning Wish, and something else. I put back Corpse Dance and the other card, Ritual, BW, Tendrils for 8. It was probably correct to Flusterstorm the Doomsday, but I figure I was drawing poorly and a topdecked BW would put me in range for Tendrils post Doomsday, and I lucked into it.

Round 4: Death & Taxes 0-2

This round I made many punts and it was an embarrassing round. Game 1 he goes Mom into Revoker into Revoker. I'm staring at a Burning Wish and Grave with rituals, and I'm considering Wishing for Massacre (Revoker naming Petal+LED). I wait a little bit too long, and he gets double port and ports down both of my red sources and I never draw Entomb.
    Game 2 I get a solid t3 hand, and he goes t2 RiP. I count my mana wrong and attempt to BW into Consign into Entomb+Grave and realize I was 1 mana short after I burned both of my Rituals. He ends up going Thalia into more dudes and I lose in 2 turns. ARGH.

Round 5: Soldier Stompy 2-1

I turn 1 kill him. He didn't hesitate like he had counter magic, so I put him on some sort of stompy deck. Definitely the kind of start I need after the last round. I boarded in 2 bounce spells. Game 2 He gets Thalia into Big Thalia with Chalice backup. Game 2 I miscount mana and tap wrong and make 18 Goblins instead of Tendrils for 20 on t2. I had 1 U available that I used to cast a spell off PiF instead of flashing back my Ponder, and ended up having 1 black remaining after I wished for Empty. He doesn't draw his one answer though, so I got lucky.

Round 6: Turbo Depths 2-1

This is a guy that's new to Legacy, and I'm a jerk that plays foreign cards, so when I went t4 Shallow Grave for Magus of the Mind, I called the judge over loudly and everyone stopped once they heard "What's the oracle text for Magus of the Mind?" to watch what was going on. Game 2 he ends up making Marit Lage before I can draw reanimation. Game 3 We go back and forth on discard, but I eventually get there before he can play the last mana source he needed to activate Stage for Depths.

Round 7: Eldrazi Post 1-2

Played against another local, but he usually plays at a different store so we don't play often. I win game 1 on turn 1, EZ. Game 2 he starts with Leyline into Spyglass naming Griselbrand. I bounce the Leyline, and entomb Griselbrand. I probably should have went for a Magus, since it would have been Magus for 7, but my brain thought that bashing in for 7 while he's at 12 would be fine. He eventually runs into double Thought-Knot Seer and I never draw into Burning Wish for Tendrils while he's at 3 life. Big punts. Game 3 I have a decent hand. He mulls to 4, but hits leyline. I cast brainstorm, and draw into the missing combo pieces, and I'm looking at a hand that would kill next turn if it weren't for leyline. I never draw Burning Wish or another Cantrip while he goes runner runner into lands into Thought-Knot x2 into new Kozilek. Super disappointing, since now I'm dead for prizes.

Round 8: Opponent no showed, so I got a free win. Ended up playing games with a friend of a fellow discorder and we have a good time laughing and jamming games.

Overall, I thought that the list was very good. I made some mistakes that cost me 1 round, and definitely a few individual games. I would happily run it back with no changes. I feel like the Spellseeker, Corpse Dance, and Preordain are your flex slots in the main deck if you wanted to make changes. To me, I felt like 14 lands with 9 cantrips, 5 reanimation, 7 discard, and spellseeker as a wild card tutor felt like a solid base, but I know people like playing 15 lands, 8 cantrips, 4 reanimation, 6-8 discard, and have Intuition or more cantrips over Spellseeker.

Edit SB notes: I pretty much always cut some amount of Preordain, Ponder, Cabal Therapy, and Duress to make room for things that I boarded in. Abrade, Echoing Truth, Recall, Chain, and Flusterstorm came in often. I never boarded in more than 4 cards, the list is extremely tight, and I had enough redundancy with wishboard and Spellseeker to make things work.
    Last edited by Acclimation; 10-08-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Sb info at bottom
    @acclimation6 on twitter

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

[Decklist]
    Streamed six matches with Kai on this decklist on Monday. As always, had a ton of fun. Rewatched yesterday and found one miss that we didn't even notice when playing.

Video here: http://youtu.be/N-QcdBvjthM

Time stamps:
    3:59 Match 1 Game 1
    5:40 First misclick of the evening
    11:26 Match 1 Game 2
    12:24 Kai finally has audio
    21:34 Match 2 Game 1
    29:06 Match 2 Game 2
    48:42 Match 3 Game 1
    57:52 Match 3 Game 2
    1:06:08 Break for beverages
    1:09:03 Match 4 Game 1
    144 Match 4 Game 2
    1:22:43 Match 4 Game 3
    1:29:36 Match 5 Game 1
    1:40:18 Match 5 Game 2
    1:58:01 Match 6 Game 1
    233 Match 6 Game 2
    2:29:15 Match 6 Game 3
    2:30:55 Second misclick of the evening
    2:37:06 Biggest punt of the night (described below)

===== Spoiler(s) below ====

2:37:06 - I actually mentioned that Surgical was protecting itself but didn't consider that Surgical was protecting another Surgical. In the next turn, I went Ritual -> Ritual -> Shallow Grave with Burning Wish and Red mana available. I should've Burning Wished for Exhume so that I could respond to a Surgical with a Shallow Grave - never forget that Shallow Grave is an instant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Thread Information