Thread: 4/29/2018 Houston, TX - 100% PROXY Type 1.5 NOT LEGACY @Brash Brewing Co

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

4/29/2018 Houston, TX - 100% PROXY Type 1.5 NOT LEGACY @Brash Brewing Co

With our 2018 scheduling change, we occasionally have three week gaps between Lhurgoyf tournaments. Obviously, a gap of that length would tear us apart. We don't want to have back-to-back-to-back Vintage, so we had to find something else to fill that gap. We decided that each of these "fifth Sundays" we'd hold an odd format tournament.

To that end, I'm happy to announce the first ever Lone Star Lhurgoyf Type 1.5 tournament.

Now hold on. I know what you're thinking. Big deal. It's Legacy.

Nope. We're running Type 1.5 by the old rules. Anything currently banned or restricted in Type 1 (Vintage) is banned. There are no other bannings or restrictions. That means:

* Workshops with only a playset of resistors!
    * Goblins with Goblin Recruiter!
    * Unpowered Oath of Druids!
    * High Tide with Frantic Search but without Brainstorm or Ponder!
    * Vintage Dredge with... no changes!
    * Squirrels!
    * And more!

Additionally, don't forget that **Dominaria will be legal for this event.**

Date: April 29, 2018
    Location: Brash Brewing Company 508 W Crosstimbers Rd, Houston, TX 77018 [MAP]
    Registration Time: 12:30 PM
    Event Begins: 1:00 PM
    Entry Fee: $10 - **EXACT CHANGE ONLY**
    Payout: TBD, see below.
    Proxy limit: Unlimited proxy
    Proxy rules: Don't make us need to make a proxy rule!

**About Brash Brewing**

Getting there: [MAP] Google Maps places 508 a bit off. If you're heading West on Crosstimbers, be in the right lane. Immediately after some apartments, you'll see a small driveway with a tall wooden fence and then some more apartments. That driveway is where you want to be! [pic]

Beers: Be warned - Brash exclusively makes strong beers. If you're going to have more than a couple, you should definitely have a DD or use Uber/Lyft!

Most of the tables at Brash are picnic style tables so a playmat would definitely be a good idea.

Prizes: We payout ~90% of entry fee in cash top top 4. The remainder is kept for expenses.

Brash has offered a free crowler of beer to our first place winner.

Decklists are required. We do not perform deck checks but we want lists so we can post them. Have bad handwriting? Use the decklist generator here! Blank deck registration sheets will be available on site. Please don't put anything on your decklist that you don't want to be seen publicly as your decklist may be scanned and uploaded in full.

**It would be greatly appreciated if your decklist was filled out and ready *before* our scheduled start time of 1PM.**
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Re: 4/29/2018 Houston, TX - 100% PROXY Type 1.5 NOT LEGACY @Brash Brewing Co

My only question is, where were these events before I moved?

TILT
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Before you moved, there was a good LGS, so I didn't feel the need to run events.
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

I'll have full results and decklists tomorrow when I'm not three white russians in. Top 2 was Dredge. Other decks were:

* UW Helm
    * Days Undoing / As Foretold
    * UB Affinity
    * Cascagenesis

Format seems pretty sweet other than Dredge. May run this again with Bazaar banned just because it's cool to have a format close enough to what we know that we're able to brew but far enough away that we don't know for sure what to expect.

Thread Information