Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minotaur Tribal (AKA Toot toot!)

Re: Minotaur Tribal (AKA Toot toot!)

Quote Originally Posted by Xod View Post
    Was planning to play this following tournament. Even more psyched now with the inclusion of lackey. Good job Michael!
    Sweet! Be sure to post a report here.

Played a local yesterday, went 2-2 lost to Eldrazi and burn, won against aggro loam and grixis delver.

The loss against Eldrazi should be a win, misplays by me and bad Sideboarding. Boarded out 3 FoWs instead of the lackeys. Had a turn 1 Chalice with my hand being a lackey, didgeridoo, artificial evolution and a brainstorm. Almost won that game, but like I said, misplaced badly. Ah well, won't do that this Sunday.

Burn was a bit of bad luck.

Boros formatshaper won several games on it's own. Including game 2 against Eldrazi.

CotV on 1 when we are on the draw is a good card against is. Feeling that the pithing needles should be Abrades. Good against Chalice, vials, needles/revokes but also against Containment priest and such.

@Michael, what do you think?

Played a local yesterday, went 2-2 lost to Eldrazi and burn, won against aggro loam and grixis delver.

The loss against Eldrazi should be a win, misplays by me and bad Sideboarding. Boarded out 3 FoWs instead of the lackeys. Had a turn 1 Chalice with my hand being a lackey, didgeridoo, artificial evolution and a brainstorm. Almost won that game, but like I said, misplaced badly. Ah well, won't do that this Sunday.

Burn was a bit of bad luck.

Boros formatshaper won several games on it's own. Including game 2 against Eldrazi.

CotV on 1 when we are on the draw is a good card against is. Feeling that the pithing needles should be Abrades. Good against Chalice, vials, needles/revokes but also against Containment priest and such.

@Michael, what do you think?
    Not bad what was your list? Without needle Karakas is a problem.

I would think that bloodmoon solves that problem

I would think that bloodmoon solves that problem
    True...but you probably don't want to leave in blood moon vs dnt or maverick. Plus vs depths having needle and moon available seems good. That being said I do like abrade a lot in here...maybe cut the misdirection and a pyroblast or gambit?

Went 3-3 last weekend. Will write a full report (with sideboards) later. Did plenty of mulligans, no landers or no blue mana. The losses where losses non the less, but maybe also from being a bit unlucky.

Won against Show and Tell, Steel Stompy and Dragon Stompy (thanks to last minute changing of 1 needle to an abrade)
    Lost against BR Reanimator (twice) and Food Chain (was a bit unlucky here, mulled to 5 in game 1, game 2 opponent got the perfect hymn against a hand of 5)

Still remains fun to play, although I'm missing/lacking the extra cantrips or sometimes a bit more consistency on drawing threats. Didn't got to play the Changeling Titan (I could 2 times, but my Boros Formatshaper was already winning the game)

I ordered Boros formatshapper, arcane adaptation, and artifical mutation. I already have didgeridoo. Getting ready to play minotaurs in legacy 😎. Who's got an updated list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Jan 2017
    London

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    I'm loving the rainbow land blood moon deck

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Keep fighting the good fight. We need some more good minotaurs printed
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Needs more Goblin Lackeys
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

A Minotaur Lackey would be sick as fuck. Having more 1 Mana ways to cheat out minotaurs is sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Definitely. Or if you have Adaption out Lackey can put anything in, or Matron can tutor for any creature. Let's make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Time to grab a set of Didgeridoo!

Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion
    2RR, Rare
    Legendary Creature - Zombie Minotaur Warrior

Trample
    Whenever Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion deals combat damage to a player or a planeswalker, you may discard any number of cards. If you do, draw that many cards and add that much {R}. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.

5/4

Keep in mind that, if somehow that new London mulligan rule gets implemented, it'll be much easier to find a Didgeridoo in your opening hand.

I'm very excited, don't forget it helps ramp into battleshaper if you're missing didgeridoo.

Winter Maze

I picked up Teferi to try uw soon, thoughts? Preeminent captain works with artificial evolution and adaptation too. Etutor can gran didgeridoo or adaptation or scepter.

4 didgeridoo
    4 show and tell

4 artificial evolution
    1 arcane adaptation

4 griselbrand
    4 Boros battleshaper
    2 emrakul, the aeons torn

3 Teferi, time raveler
    2 isochron scepter
    4 orim's chant
    4 brainstorm
    2 impulse

3 Chrome Mox
    4 ancient tomb
    15 uw lands

SB:
    4 Preeminent captain
    2 enlightened tutor
    4 force of will
    5?
    Last edited by kinda; 05-06-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Winter Maze

Went 2-2 tonight trying a list close to the above post. Beat elves and pox, lost to dnt in three and uw show and tell with teferi. Notable wins were g2 vs dnt didgeridoo'ing in progenitus to block then win. G3 vs elves I used Preeminent captain plus arcane adaptation to drop in grizzly, then chained orims chant to victory. Got a turn two emmy dropped in using didgeridoo but lost to show into omni into emmy vs whitefaces .

4 didgeridoo
    4 show and tell

4 artificial evolution
    1 arcane adaptation

4 griselbrand
    4 Boros battleshaper
    1 emrakul, the aeons torn

3 Teferi, time raveler
    2 isochron scepter
    4 orim's chant
    4 brainstorm
    2 ponder
    2 enlightened tutor

3 Chrome Mox
    4 ancient tomb
    15 uw lands

SB:
    4 Preeminent captain
    4 rest in peace
    3 progenitus
    2 echoing truth
    1 arcane adaptation
    1 ethersworn canonist

Winter Maze

Winter Maze

Thread Information