Thread: Stifle Vise

Threaded View

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Stifle Djinn

Looking for a fun new project to troll the local I whipped up this janky pile of shit. I've always been really fascinated by a potential mono-blue tempo list for Legacy, likely centered around Delver, but also able to leverage Stifle in a way that isn't underpowered. Black Vise, if landed early, can be a way to leverage mana disruption as a fast threat. I have found even on the draw it has done well in my limited playtesting/goldfishing. If I find this deck has legs at the local level I might actually invest in some Force of Wills to replace the Counterspells. Stifle seems quite good in the format ATM, as it has always been, but without a super fast clock to back it up or a way to leverage the mana denial, it has fallen out of favor. Nimble obstructionist is an uncounterable stifle that can be a win condition if needed.

EDIT: Black Vise is 'on hold'; I couldn't consistently keep cards in opponent's hands to make it threatening enough. Games were finished with Delver, Djinn, Snapcaster, and Obstructionist. Vise needs a lot more 'build-around' cards, so for now I'm going with Stifle-Djinn as the main plan. Dismember is very necessary and Djinn is a fast clock, even though it isn't resilient like TNN.

4x Delver of Secrets
    2x Snapcaster Mage
    3x nimble obstructionist
    3x Tempest Djinn

4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Stifle
    4x Daze
    3x Vapor Snag
    2x Spell Pierce
    2x Pact of Negation
    3x Counterspell
    2x Dismember
    1x Predict
    1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor

4x Wasteland
    4x Flooded Strand
    10x Island

Sideboard
    4x Misdirection
    1x Vendilion Clique
    1x Venser, Shaper Savant
    1x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Echoing Truth
    2x Grafdigger's Cage
    2x Pithing Needle
    2x Ratchet Bomb

Feel free to post and join me in the jank-pile.
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 05-14-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information