Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GP Birmingham discussion

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

GP Birmingham discussion

Stream link:

https://www.twitch.tv/magic

Enjoy your hot DRS on DRS action while you can!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: GP Birmingham discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Stream link:

https://www.twitch.tv/magic

Enjoy your hot DRS on DRS action while you can!
    round 6: grixis delver vs sneak and show. refreshing as there are DRS only on one side of the table :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    round 6: grixis delver vs sneak and show. refreshing as there are DRS only on one side of the table :)
    What a time to be alive

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

A deck without DRS? I am sceptical this is a thing. Who won?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Don't panic, the timeshifted round 6 match was DRS vs DRS again.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

I woke up early to watch this, but I am already done with it. Watching the same deck/45 cards round after round gets boring. That's probably why at 5 am PST there were over 12,000 viewers and now it is down to 7,000 viewers.

I still say the way to fix the format is to ban stuff until Slide and Zoo are playable.

And honestly, the best way to do that is to hit the blue creatures and every card with the word "storm" on it.

Are standings posted online?

That was a pretty disappointing day of Magic, to be honest. It felt like Leovold vs Delver and NOTHING ELSE (except we had Sneak that one time).

I'm not one to advocate for bans; and I even play 4c Pile myself, but I am starting to get on board with the "DRS gotta go" train :(

Please day 2 have some cool stuff to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    I still say the way to fix the format is to ban stuff until Slide and Zoo are playable.

And honestly, the best way to do that is to hit the blue creatures and every card with the word "storm" on it.
    As much as I love Astral Slide, I am so glad the Source is not the arbiter of the legacy banned list.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Well, Mr. Morgan_coke manages to mention his love for astral slide in virtually every post. Devotion.

I’m certainly no better. I recently found myself wondering how long the trip would be to Alabama for this event. Typical American, I suppose.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    A deck without DRS? I am sceptical this is a thing. Who won?
    Sneak and show won :)
    There was one exciting thing in this match: the grixis delver guy was playing bomat courrier main :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Sneak and show won :)
    There was one exciting thing in this match: the grixis delver guy was playing bomat courrier main :)
    I'm ok with not banning anything in grixis delver as long as they are required to run 4 md bomat courier.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Well, Mr. Morgan_coke manages to mention his love for astral slide in virtually every post. Devotion.

I’m certainly no better. I recently found myself wondering how long the trip would be to Alabama for this event. Typical American, I suppose.
    I gotta be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    I woke up early to watch this, but I am already done with it. Watching the same deck/45 cards round after round gets boring. That's probably why at 5 am PST there were over 12,000 viewers and now it is down to 7,000 viewers.
    People having to go to work might be a major factor.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

A few interesting rounds, but there is way too much Grixis Delver and Czech Pile on camera. Is that the actual metagame at Birmingham? Is it what WotC thinks we want to see? I'm hoping it's the latter. The last few major events haven't been nearly as inbred as this looks to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

8 people at 8-0 after day 1:
    Czech
    Elves
    Steel Stompy
    Mono Red Prison
    4x Grixis Delver

Why not ban delver since all of the delver decks have coalesced into one deck? I feel like it's low risk and high upside

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I was hoping to see talk about if Lands was played not what to ban. I thought we had a thread for that.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    I was hoping to see talk about if Lands was played not what to ban. I thought we had a thread for that.
    You thought it was GP Birmingham discussion but it was me B&R Discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Thread Information