Thread: dual lands revised vs. german FWB

dual lands revised vs. german FWB

hello guys,

I'm interested in the market value of FWB dual lands vs. the english revised ones and hope somebody can help me out. Im looking to buy some blue dual lands and I know that french and italian language has less value, how about the german FWB ones? Im just looking to buy into EXC+ or NM cards. Is there someone experienced or some collector who knows what value german FWB has compared to revised english especially on the european market?

thanks for the help :)

Re: dual lands revised vs. german FWB

From my experience, the value is about the same. That said, I strongly prefer (german) FWB because of the stronger colours. Revised is just too washed out for my taste.

FWB is a good option to get the deep colors of ABU at about the price of Revised.

The typical rating chain is German>French>>Italian, with standard English Revised sitting around French FWB prices (usually slightly below).
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerLewis View Post
    FWB is a good option to get the deep colors of ABU at about the price of Revised.

The typical rating chain is German>French>>Italian, with standard English Revised sitting around French FWB prices (usually slightly below).
    Does anyone know the print run of these? Anecdotally, I always see German/Italian duals for sale and less often French. Also, MCM has more German/Italian available currently than French. Not sure why supply doesn't weigh in on price. The tap symbol is neat on the Italian copies but I think the coloring is less vibrant.

I did a lot of research but I dont have any experience since I never sold or bought them before. I was hoping for some collector or long time buyer/seller who really has experience in this. But as far as I can see is the condition is ALWAYS more important than the language, so as long it is NM the value increases...

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Well, unfortunately MKM doesn't show which language is sold more often. The only thing I can tell from experience is that German speaking players will most likely buy English or German cards. FWB German Duals have been usually more expensive than Revised ones, but with less duals around it's hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by IamHANDSOME View Post
    I did a lot of research but I dont have any experience since I never sold or bought them before. I was hoping for some collector or long time buyer/seller who really has experience in this. But as far as I can see is the condition is ALWAYS more important than the language, so as long it is NM the value increases...
    Condition is always important. Yet, the same card in the same condition will be worth noticeably less in Italian than in German.

Also, always request scans when they are not already provided. Despite MKM guidelines, grading can vary a lot between strict and "lax" sellers. Also, a fun thing to notice : german sellers appear to *generally* grade stricter than italian sellers (who would have guessed...). The average french seller sitting in the middle. Basically, my personal experience is that most german sellers grade according at least to MKM guidelines (with a few bad graders), french sellers usually do the same (but the bad graders are a bit higher in proportion), and italian sellers are 50/50 at best.

TLDR : always request HQ scans and look at the seller's feedback (comments from buyers), especially regarding grading. For lower price items (when requesting a scan is a bit excessive), if a seller has several comments like "EX instead of NM", "bad grading", "cards were not NM", you're better off choosing another seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Thread Information