Thread: Infinite Green Mana Finishers

Infinite Green Mana Finishers

Hey, guys. I'm looking to make a budget modern deck that features an infinite mana combo.
    Basically, it starts by creating infinite Green mana then it uses Duskwatch Recruiter to find a finisher.
    This deck also has an alternate win condition and as such includes Commune with the Gods, Dizzy Spell, Muddle the Mixture, and Drift of Phantasms to find relevant cards.
    I'm trying to find a finisher that can be found with Duskwatch Recruiter, Commune with the Gods, and one of the transmuters.
    I was thinking about a Walking Ballista, but it can't be found with the transmute cards that I'm using.
    Does anyone have an idea for a 1-, 2-, or 3-drop creature that can win if you have access to infinite Green mana?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: Infinite Green Mana Finishers

Craterhoof Behemoth seems like your best option. It isn't at 1-3 mana, but you have infinite mana, so it just has to be a creature for Recruiter to find it. Alternatively, if you can get one, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. Craterhoof can be bought for around $15-20 and Emrakul is about $40. Both very solid investments.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Admin
    Oct 2003
    Redondo Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyComboSeeker View Post
    Hey, guys. I'm looking to make a budget modern deck that features an infinite mana combo.
    Basically, it starts by creating infinite Green mana then it uses Duskwatch Recruiter to find a finisher.
    This deck also has an alternate win condition and as such includes Commune with the Gods, Dizzy Spell, Muddle the Mixture, and Drift of Phantasms to find relevant cards.
    I'm trying to find a finisher that can be found with Duskwatch Recruiter, Commune with the Gods, and one of the transmuters.
    I was thinking about a Walking Ballista, but it can't be found with the transmute cards that I'm using.
    Does anyone have an idea for a 1-, 2-, or 3-drop creature that can win if you have access to infinite Green mana?
    You could use Tolaria West to Transmute for Walking Ballista.
    Monday Night Magic: http://rfimd2000.tripod.com/images/mnm/mondaynight.htm

Team
    Left
    Field

@Mr. Safety I really like Craterhoof idea! Emrakul is a little out of my price range unfortunately.

@Jander78 Wow, I don't know how I didn't realize that was a card but that's a great idea!

Thank you both for the suggestions! Time to tinker with the deck and see how to implement it!

You can Muddle for Duskwatch Recruiter which then finds Ballista so you don't need another 2 mana card

Assuming that your infinite mana combo uses creatures somehow then Chord of Calling should be an ok card in your deck, so you can transmute Drift for Chord and then Chord for Recruiter to win that way (you can't get it with Commune though).
    Another 3-mana option that you can get with Commune is Trinket Mage, which wins the game by finding Ballista

I was going to suggest Green Sun's Zenith as the 1 mana card to find Recruiter but then I remembered it's banned lol
    Maybe Whispers of the Muse? You draw your whole deck if you have infinite mana and then you can just draw Ballista and win. It's not that bad of a card outside of the combo either because you can just cycle it.

I just realised Whispers won't work if your infinite mana is mono-green.
    In that case Enshrined Memories might be the best
    If you want something that you can get with Commune then there is Helix Pinnacle or Mistcutter Hydra but Helix Pinnacle takes 1 turn to win and Mistcutter can be chump blocked / Path to Exiled etc

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    You can Muddle for Duskwatch Recruiter which then finds Ballista so you don't need another 2 mana card

Assuming that your infinite mana combo uses creatures somehow then Chord of Calling should be an ok card in your deck, so you can transmute Drift for Chord and then Chord for Recruiter to win that way (you can't get it with Commune though).
    Another 3-mana option that you can get with Commune is Trinket Mage, which wins the game by finding Ballista

I was going to suggest Green Sun's Zenith as the 1 mana card to find Recruiter but then I remembered it's banned lol
    Maybe Whispers of the Muse? You draw your whole deck if you have infinite mana and then you can just draw Ballista and win. It's not that bad of a card outside of the combo either because you can just cycle it.

I just realised Whispers won't work if your infinite mana is mono-green.
    In that case Enshrined Memories might be the best
    If you want something that you can get with Commune then there is Helix Pinnacle or Mistcutter Hydra but Helix Pinnacle takes 1 turn to win and Mistcutter can be chump blocked / Path to Exiled etc
    Regarding Whispers: Duskwatch Recruiter already filters to the win condition and casts as many dudes as he needs to, all with infinite green mana without needing blue.

EDIT: might want to try Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Genesis Wave. Genesis Wave wins you the game on the spot with infinite mana and Craterhoof, Nykthos gives you another big mana option.

EDIT #2: Orochi Leafcaller is a way to filter infinite green into any color as well. I used to run a janky combo deck with Leafcaller, Fyndhorn Elder, Freed from the Real, and Petals of Insight. Duskwatch Recruiter is an obvious upgrade to Petals of Insight.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Regarding Whispers: Duskwatch Recruiter already filters to the win condition and casts as many dudes as he needs to, all with infinite green mana without needing blue.
    His request was for a card with CMC 1 so he can find it with Dizzy Spell

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Mistcutter Hydra is infinite and haste and can't be countered. It doesn't trample though so it needs a path
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information