Thread: Minotaurs Tournament Report

Minotaurs Tournament Report

Hi. I played Minotaurs (sneak and show with didgeridoo) at GP Seattle.

These rounds are from memory, so I may have gotten rounds mixed up. I wasn't planning on doing the Legacy GP, as I had class until late thursday night and would be flying in early friday, as well as being very well prepared for the Standard GP (11-4 finish, huzzah). However, with 2 byes I was just able to get there in time. A friend of mine had lent me minotaurs to borrow for the GP, so I was off to see how well I could do.

Round 1/2 -- Byes
    Round 3 -- Grixis delver, lost 1-2. Game 1 I keep a threat heavy hand, but he has double daze and FoW. Game 2 I cast a turn 1 blood moon that gets forced, turn 2 I play a didgeridoo. I had decided not to run 4 boros battleshaper in my sideboard, so I hadto resolve an artificial evolution. I do, and he dies to my emrakul.
    Game 3 my hand is super weak but it has redundant threats. I go for emrakul and he draws diabolic edict, then surgicals show and tell.
    Round 4 -- Grixis Delver, lost 0-2. Basically the same thing, but game 2 I get a t1 didgeridoo and draw that Hazoret that should have been battleshaper, which would have won the game.
    Round 5 -- lost 1-2 BR reanimator. Game 1 I Force his reanimate and then put in emrakul off of didgeridoo. Game 2 he puts in a turn 1 tidespout and then a griselbrand. Game 3 we durdle for a bunch, but he resolves a reanimate on Blazing Archon. Eventuall he lands an iona on blue and I lose.
    Round 6 -- 2-1 vs Steel Stompy. I get an early show and tell and he puts in lodestone, I put in emrakul. Game 2 we go on for a long time, but I kept bricking on finding show and tell or sneak attack. I have 13 mana in play, but don't draw my last city/tomb before he kills me. He's at 4 from his tombs. Game 3 is another grindy game, but his only lands are 2 ancient tombs so he gets to 4 before a hazoret finishes him off.
    Round 7 -- 1-2 vs Omnitell. Game 1 I win by casting show and tell, hoping he doesn't have anything. He puts in omniscience and I put in emrakul. His hand is all blanks. Game 2 he does show and tell puts in omniscience into Eladamri's Call. HE was empty handed and I'm once again reminded of how good Boros Battleshaper s. Game 3 I keep a hand without emrakul or griselbrand, and try to resolve sneak attacks and didgeridoos. He counters all of them, and kills me with a show and tell.
    Round 8 -- 2-0 vs Grixis Delver. Game 1 I resolve didgeridoo and cast artificial evolution into his FoW. Then I play show and tell and win. Game 2 I get him with abrade on deathrite shaman into blood moon.

Re: Minotaurs Tournament Report

Do you have a deck list? (Also, Boros Battleshaper is absolutely bonkers against Emrakul.)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Seconding the decklist request

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle
    Last edited by Jander78; 05-23-2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added card tags
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

I mean, in all seriousness any control player on the draw would (and probably should) Force Didgeridoo. It's a scary card if it resolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Prolly this;

3 Griselbrand
    4 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Show and Tell
    1 Preordain
    4 Ponder
    1 Arcane Adaptation
    1 Blood Moon
    4 Didgeridoo
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Artificial Evolution
    4 Force of Will
    1 Intuition
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Spell Pierce

4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 City of Traitors
    3 Island
    1 Mountain
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All

Sideboard (15)

1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pithing Needle
    4 Boros Battleshaper
    1 Blood Moon
    2 Sneak Attack
    2 Abrade
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Kozilek's Return

………..I'd run it.
    Yeah it's pretty much the list jakobian ran (post is in new/developmental) but he didn't include Boros format shaper.

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Yeah it's pretty much the list jakobian ran (post is in new/developmental) but he didn't include Boros format shaper.
    That ain’t no Thunderbluff

Thread Information