Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post

Probably not too playable other than #goesinnicfit but it is an extreme upgrade over Fleshbag Marauder and others, if there was ever a niche slot where this effect was needed.
    Something to blink or Pox?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

looks like a cool way for those 5c human decks to kill planeswalkers.
    -rob

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Should have been a 2/1 for 1B because of the symmetry, so at 3 mana it seems like a stretch for legacy.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Does Conclave Tribunal make any sense in Death and Taxes?

3W
    Enchantment
    Convoke
    When Conclave Tribunal enters the battlefield, exile target nonland permanent an opponent controls until Conclave Tribunal leaves the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Should have been a 2/1 for 1B because of the symmetry, so at 3 mana it seems like a stretch for legacy.
    2 mana kill your jace uncounterably because of the perfectly designed cavern?

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

There were four Aggro Loam decks in the top 16 of the 109-player Finnish Legacy nationals tournament over the weekend. One deck played three MD copies of Assassin's Trophy, two of them played two MD copies, and one of them played none. I'm curious how the card was for them in the tournament.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Yeah, I searched TCDecks earlier and saw 2 Aggro Loam decks went undefeated in an MTGO League with 2/2 split Trophy/Decay.

Only other hits were 3 BUG Control, 2 4C Control, and Julian with Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    I don't like the continous presence of this SCG sales guy (BenBleiweiss) in this thread trying to stir up hype for weak cards...can the mods do something about that please?
    We're about a month out from the set release! For the record, I posted six cards this spoiler season:
    Arclight Phoenix
    Assassin's Trophy
    Creeping Chill
    Lazav, the Multifarious
    Mausoleum Secrets
    Runaway Steam-Kin

While not all of these ended up hitting Legacy - I'll settle for 5 of the 6 of them seeing serious competitive constructed play in at Modern and Standard.

None of them had significant or even any impact on the format like you had suggested in your posts. 'Welcome your new format staple' etc. was your words in regards to Trophy IIRC and, oh surprise, just like Lemnear and I had predicted, the card has almost no significance in the format at all for all the reasons pointed out. The other cards your listed there are just laughably bad and the fact that some may have had impact on modern or standard (I can't judge because I don't care for those formats) is irrelevant because this is a forum primarily about legacy. I don't mind your sales promotion strategy in some other forums but please keep it out of here.

The mere fact that you had to dig this out a month later to clean your reputation is quite amusing though.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

None of them had significant or even any impact on the format like you had suggested in your posts.
    Maybe not for Legacy, but in Modern, Creeping Chill made Dredge the most-played deck in format and new Arclight Burn lists seem to be pretty strong as well.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

None of them had significant or even any impact on the format like you had suggested in your posts. 'Welcome your new format staple' etc. was your words in regards to Trophy IIRC and, oh surprise, just like Lemnear and I had predicted, the card has almost no significance in the format at all for all the reasons pointed out. The other cards your listed there are just laughably bad and the fact that some may have had impact on modern or standard (I can't judge because I don't care for those formats) is irrelevant because this is a forum primarily about legacy. I don't mind your sales promotion strategy in some other forums but please keep it out of here.

The mere fact that you had to dig this out a month later to clean your reputation is quite amusing though.
    Shardless BUG with Assassin's Trophy won the Legacy 1K at Card Kingdom/Mox Boarding House today. It's a good card and gives BUG a clean answer to Jace. Spoiler season is a great time to brew up new decks and test them out. Players are notoriously bad at assessing new cards, as anyone can see by looking through older threads here, so if you have an open mind and do the testing, you can get a leg up.

Also, Ben has been a member of this community for years, and his posts aren't just promotional.

bruizar

So he is not allowed to make predictions but you are? Don’t be hostile towards others, before you know it you’re playing a format the size of vintage.

That said, after playing Guilds of Ravnica a bit I’m very impressed with the powerlevel of surveil. Price of Fame looks like a nice sideboard card to me, although probably too narrowz I’m keeping them just in case.

Goblin Cratermaker seems to be the break out legacy card. Vraska has a spot in nicfit, and ass trophy will find its way into the format too. Legion Warboss can find itself a slot next to Rabblemaster in dragonstompy.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I really want to like Growth Spiral, but I don't think it's legacy playable. I mean, it's not quite, but mostly just a worse Coiling Oracle or Explore.

But man, it's a cool card and I like it.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Simic Ascendancy seems kinda cute in some kind of Hardened Scales Affinity build between Steel Overseer and Ravager. Probably too much "danger of cool things" to be any good, but who knows.

I’m gonna try growth spiral out in solidarity. Being forced to go off on 3 lands is tough, and being able to ‘ramp’ in the opponents turn, or even mid-combo is huge.
    We’ll see if springtide and solidarity is gonna make a comeback. The last couple of sets have really put some interesting toys into their repertoire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Ok, the second ability is pretty nuts!

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Lavinia, Azorius Renegade
    That first ability is a pretty big middle finger to the whole Miracle mechanic though isn't it?
    And the card on a whole hates Storm pretty hard.

Also I'm not up to speed, what are these alternate art cards? FNM promos? Or is this what cards are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

What they are is in the bottom left of the card. Store Champ.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information