Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 740

Thread: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

  1. #701
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,778

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Shambleshark getting some stiff competition.
    Sharktocrab is better, and it isn't even close. It's like comparing Jaws to Sharknado, Pffh. Shambleshark only has *one*creature name in it. Sharktocrab is Shark + Octopus + crab.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Muthafucka
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  2. #702
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,742

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    I will not be happy until Manbearpig is the commander of my deck.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  3. #703
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,242

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Priest of the Forgotten Gods 1B
    Creature - Human Cleric (R)
    T, Sacrifice two other creatures: Any number of target players each lose two life and sacrifice a creature. You add BB and draw card.
    1/2

    Thats a mishmash of abilities
    Inb4 veteran explorer sacrifice outlet
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  4. #704
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,132

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post


    Any good ways to abuse this?
    If this is in a graveyard, and I have a Necrotic Ooze with +1/+1 counters on it, the Ooze gets to tap for 3, right?

  5. #705

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    If this is in a graveyard, and I have a Necrotic Ooze with +1/+1 counters on it, the Ooze gets to tap for 3, right?
    Correct.

  6. #706
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,242

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    If this is in a graveyard, and I have a Necrotic Ooze with +1/+1 counters on it, the Ooze gets to tap for 3, right?
    Oh boy. This plus a 2 Mana untap itself ability plus ballista baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  7. #707
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2015
    Location

    Chilltown
    Posts

    838

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Syntactically illogical though it is ("-ulus" is a diminutive form in Latin), I do like "Humongulus."

    Dice, there's always Atogatog. Was my go-to for my 5-C Commander pile before they printed Jodah, the Yedi Master (an actually functionally useful card, though still not essential).
    Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    If you diversified your cantrips, a chalice wouldn't be a liability.
    Quote Originally Posted by chunderbucket View Post
    You want interesting, nonbinary games? Don't make your deck so reliant on cantrips, like pretty much every above deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Almost everyone plays decks that are strictly worse 75s than the top decks - which most people could sleeve up if they wanted to, they just elected not to.

  8. #708
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,132

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Oh boy. This plus a 2 Mana untap itself ability plus ballista baby
    I was thinking Devoted Druid, this, and Ballista/Trike in the yard.

  9. #709

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I was thinking Devoted Druid, this, and Ballista/Trike in the yard.
    Yeah, though you could just use Phyrexian Devourer / Ballista instead and have a leaner combo.

    If there are a lot of other cards with good +1/+1 counter abilities, you could try something silly like Slitherhead as an enabler.

    And if you really want to spike the nerd meter, there's always Umbral Mantle.

  10. #710
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,132

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Yeah, though you could just use Phyrexian Devourer / Ballista instead and have a leaner combo.
    You're totally right! I'm thinking like a filthy casual EDH player and need to have an unnecessary number of moving parts before I feel comfortable comboing off.

  11. #711

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    If this is in a graveyard, and I have a Necrotic Ooze with +1/+1 counters on it, the Ooze gets to tap for 3, right?
    Im not 100% sure. If I use lifeline as a precedent, the ooze needs exactly 1 counter on it, right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #712
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Paris City
    Posts

    543

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Priest of the Forgotten Gods 1B
    Creature - Human Cleric (R)
    T, Sacrifice two other creatures: Any number of target players each lose two life and sacrifice a creature. You add BB and draw card.
    1/2

    Thats a mishmash of abilities
    I'm going to play this in standard along with the other 2/2 priest for 2BB from Dominaria that reanimates a creature when sacrificing 2 creatures, with reassembling skeleton and stitcher's assistant :)
    That's going to be a lot of fun, but not competitive enough :)
    Death and taxes!!

    Play 4CB!

    Another Draft Blog

  13. #713

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    A new toy for nyx fit
    5RB captive audience
    Oracle Text
    Captive Audience enters the battlefield under the control of an opponent of your choice.

    At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one that hasn't been chosen

    Your life total becomes 4.

    Discard your hand.

    Each opponent creates five 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens.

  14. #714
    The crazy nastyass honey badger

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    A desk chair, The Netherlands
    Posts

    1,841

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    A new toy for nyx fit
    5RB captive audience
    Oracle Text
    Captive Audience enters the battlefield under the control of an opponent of your choice.

    At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one that hasn't been chosen

    Your life total becomes 4.

    Discard your hand.

    Each opponent creates five 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens.
    It really isn't. You don't want to give your opponent control over what's going to happen to them. Plus it has no immediate impact nor does it lock your opponent out of executing their gameplan and it's awkward to cast off an otherwise GBW manabase.

    Ethereal Absolution however is a strict upgrade over Curse of Death's Hold, so that's an auto-include.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

  15. #715
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,778

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    A new toy for nyx fit
    5RB captive audience
    Oracle Text
    Captive Audience enters the battlefield under the control of an opponent of your choice.

    At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one that hasn't been chosen

    Your life total becomes 4.

    Discard your hand.

    Each opponent creates five 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens.
    Imma jam that in my Rakdos EDH deck though, that is hot.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  16. #716

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    ...Plus it has no immediate impact ...
    If you cast it on your turn it will hit on their upkeep. So it does have a pretty immediate impact. Still a bad card.

    I think I like the "As ~ enters the battlefield an opponent gains control of it" template on Xantcha, Sleeper Agent better than "~ enters the battlefield under the control of an opponent of your choice." Are those functionally different for the purposes of something like Eidolon of Blossoms?

  17. #717
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,466

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance



    Repudiate
    [G/U][G/U]
    Instant
    Counter target activated ability or triggered ability.

    Replicate
    1GU
    Sorcery
    Create a token that's a copy of a creature you control.

    Green now has access to a Stifle, although twice as expensive. Replicate isn't too shabby, either, if you have access to blue (Noble Hierarch/BoP can help with that). Pretty cool card overall that might see play based on flexibility alone.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  18. #718
    Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Cire's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Posts

    1,588

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance



    The first blue card to combo with Thrumming Stone. While it is 1 more than Shadowborn Apostle, it's blue and it can win the turn you combo off instead of relying on waiting till attack or another card to give your creatures haste or whatever. Pitches to FOW too

  19. #719

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post


    Repudiate
    [G/U][G/U]
    Instant
    Counter target activated ability or triggered ability.

    Replicate
    1GU
    Sorcery
    Create a token that's a copy of a creature you control.

    Green now has access to a Stifle, although twice as expensive. Replicate isn't too shabby, either, if you have access to blue (Noble Hierarch/BoP can help with that). Pretty cool card overall that might see play based on flexibility alone.
    Green Already had Bind BUT! I like this card for other interactions:
    You can use it with Phyrexian Dreadnought to save a Dreadnought.
    Or, if you already have a Dreadnought because your deck is running Torpor Orb you can make ANOTHER dreadnought!

  20. #720
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,466

    Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post


    The first blue card to combo with Thrumming Stone. While it is 1 more than Shadowborn Apostle, it's blue and it can win the turn you combo off instead of relying on waiting till attack or another card to give your creatures haste or whatever. Pitches to FOW too
    That's kinda neat.

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Green Already had Bind BUT!
    Bind and similiar green cards never could counter triggered abilities before, so that's something new.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)