Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

I am struck by the number of creative cards in this set, very nice, but there are only so many original ideas that can be put into cards before it becomes near impossible to think of new ones, but I like how this set is a nice break from the recent sets which seemed to not have enough cards that do not feel fresh, new, and exciting, rather recycled and tweaked versions of mechanics we've already seen. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Is this good in Belcher?
    Definitively worth testing. It should draw (nearly) your whole library, making tons of mana and find Belcher.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    Definitively worth testing. It should draw (nearly) your whole library, making tons of mana and find Belcher.
    every spirit guide would cost 3 mana or else it would be stuck on top of deck. land grant cannot be cast from top of library with alternate cost.

i think this card is more likely to be some kind of value card. it likely won't get used effectively in any kind of combo deck, but could be great for something like burn or something more midrangey.

would love to see this card if you're flooded with lands in burn. if it resolves you untap and you're likely to cast several spells. i think you can even cast fireblast from the top of library, so that's cool.

not sure what matchups burn struggles against besides combo, but it could be okay.

mono red chalice decks could also run it as a singleton since it can help "draw" several cards per turn. (again simian spirit guide is kind of lousy here. does exiling it from your hand for mana count as "playing it"? for when you draw it the following turn)
    -rob

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

It's a shitty Johnny card that costs way too much, asks too much, and does too little. It's one of those cards that excites you for all of a minute before you realize it will never be good , not even in casual EDH, because it has been intentionally gimped. It's purpose isn't to be good or see widespread play, but to tickle the brains of the playerbase, especially the more casual, trusting ones.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I predict Experimental Frenzy annoys more people than any other card in recent memory. Carefully setting up your top x cards with Scroll Rack is going to be annoying for opponents to watch turn after turn.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    every spirit guide would cost 3 mana or else it would be stuck on top of deck. land grant cannot be cast from top of library with alternate cost.

i think this card is more likely to be some kind of value card. it likely won't get used effectively in any kind of combo deck, but could be great for something like burn or something more midrangey.
    Right, sorry. Totally forgot about that.

@Finn: Even if you setup 2-3 cards with Scroll Rack, you still can't cast from your hand. Not very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Scroll Rack has just found a new friend.
    Recross the Path with no lands
    Proteus Staff with no creatures

land grant cannot be cast from top of library with alternate cost.
    I'm not so sure I agree 100% with your police with there, Lou

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Well it does say reveal from your hand...
    -rob

Well it does say reveal from your hand...
    I don't see that "from" on gatherer.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Ah sweet, so it just says reveal your hand, not reveal it. That's pretty cool. So just the spirit guides and burning wish is awful with the Enchantment.
    -rob

So just the spirit guides and burning wish is awful with the Enchantment.
    701.13b does not cover activated abilities. So you can still exile from your hand, just don't get them stuck on top.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Thats an improvement then. Any innovation is welcome :)
    -rob

The surveil cards that they've spoiled so far aren't good enough for it, but you could try Experimental Frenzy + Enhanced Surveilance

There might also be a scry pile with cards like

Artificer's Assistant/Contraband Kingpin
    and
    Mystic Speculation/Reason//Believe/Serum Visions

I predict Experimental Frenzy annoys more people than any other card in recent memory. Carefully setting up your top x cards with Scroll Rack is going to be annoying for opponents to watch turn after turn.
    Yeah, this seems like a card that can create tedious play patterns.

If you want to get really annoying, there's probably some way to do it with Library of Leng and looting stuff like Burning Inquiry and Breakthrough.

I don't know why we're trying to break this card when Hazorets undying fury is already out there

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Full spoiler is up for anyone interested. Doubt anything super playable left but who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Full spoiler is up for anyone interested. Doubt anything super playable left but who knows
    Nothing stood out, but I wasn't viewing with Pauper, Brawl, or Standard in mind.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

I might be missing a card or two but I think these have been the cards discussed as potentially Legacy playable at some point, with the questionable ones towards the end.

Just saw this one:

Selective Snare
    Sorcery
    XU
    Return X target creatures of the type of your choice to their owners hands.

Seems pretty strong vs. creature decks. It's always a bad unsummon for 1U, but bouncing two or three specific dudes for 3 or 4 mana seems playable, if niche.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Probably not too playable other than #goesinnicfit but it is an extreme upgrade over Fleshbag Marauder and others, if there was ever a niche slot where this effect was needed.

Thread Information