Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Well, I'm just glad they printed an Emmara whose abilities actually fit with her character, unlike the original card.
    Emmara was originally Voice of Resurgence until they pulled this weird switcheroo that gave her a gigantic ass because they needed the guild champions at rare and greed is a bitch.

Mar 2007

New spoilers are out:

Quite disappointing.

Say hello to your new format staple

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

nice to be able to kill a jace for GB.
    -rob

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Wow

Abrupt Decay still has a place, but wow.
    Hits Jace and lands.
    Anguished Unmaking was a let down, but this could be a new Vindicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

It blows my mind that WOTC can print incredible, cheap removal like Abrupt Decay, Fatal Push, and now Assassin's Trophy, but somehow still think that countermagic needs to cost 3 mana.

EDIT: Is this enough to make Eva-Green a deck again?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    EDIT: Is this enough to make Eva-Green a deck again?
    Lmfao why would you want to ever want to play BG suicide when you can now play brainstorm in your UB suicide deck?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Mar 2007

For what it's worth, this thing also goes on Isochron Scepter - there are just that many basics before they run out of them.

It blows my mind that WOTC can print incredible, cheap removal like Abrupt Decay, Fatal Push, and now Assassin's Trophy, but somehow still think that countermagic needs to cost 3 mana.
    That's mainly because people feel bad that their stuff gets countered before it could even hit the battlefield.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Lmfao why would you want to ever want to play BG suicide when you can now play brainstorm in your UB suicide deck?
    Mana stability? *shrug* I'm old.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Looks amazing to me.

Nice design, too, hitting lands but not being great for mana denial because of the second part. I mean, blue tempo doesn't want the card because of that, right?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Well, now we really know why Deathrite had to bite the bullet...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

"... an opponent controls", meh. Where's the fun in that? I took great pleasure the interaction of Abrupt Decay, Misdirection, True-Name Nemesis and Leovold, Emissary of Trest.

A return to Ravnica apparently always means a removal bomb followed by a creature bomb, so gird your loins for a triple hybrid mana 1/3 Deathrite with deathtouch.

They're printing lots of stuff like Ravenous Chupacabra or Walking Ballista where there's a big difference between the two. That 'basic land' drawback is also no joke.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    They're printing lots of stuff like Ravenous Chupacabra or Walking Ballista where there's a big difference between the two. That 'basic land' drawback is also no joke.
    I agree, it's why Path to Exile never usurped Swords to Plowshares. It's just laughable that we can now kill anything for BG but we can't have UU: Counter target spell.

Hell I'd take U: counter target spell with converted mana 1 or less, or some other fixed Mental Misstep. The point I'm making is that if we can have color-intensive cards with a slight drawback for incredible removal, we should be able to have color-intensive cards with a slight drawback for incredible countermagic.
    Brainstorm Realist

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Say hello to your new format staple
    I'm 90% sure the reason this can hit lands is because WotC has realized what a problem non-basics in general, and Tron in particular are in Modern, and how few ways to deal with them effectively there are for most decks. Same reason we had the one mana red Tron hoser in the last set.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    I'm 90% sure the reason this can hit lands is because WotC has realized what a problem non-basics in general, and Tron in particular are in Modern, and how few ways to deal with them effectively there are for most decks. Same reason we had the one mana red Tron hoser in the last set.
    Yeah, we gain from Modern's dysfunction. It card will be something of a beast with Snapcaster in Modern, if you can start on Birds or Hierarchic and have it live...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Okay I think this is auto-include in Nic-Fit in the place of Abrupt Decay. We already know that in that deck PtE is better than plow. This can hit also lands and permanents with cmc > 3 (and for permanents with lesser cmc Nic-Fit already has Pernicious Deed). So the only problem is the counterability, but I think this will replace it anyway. In other decks I don't think so though, maybe they will be split but Decay is just better in a lot of situations (for example, against Counterbalance).

Very interesting card, finally a good non-white non-narrow solution to Angler and a solution to Jace thats not a redblast or clunky like Maelstrom Pulse while having the upside of dealing with any oher permanent over 3cmc as well. It is pretty pushed as an instant so I think it could have quite an impact on legacy maybe a litte bit less than fatal push.

I like their new design to deal with non-basic hate tbh. Wasteland is a miserable magic card and the way they design Path, Flild ais something that really makes people play basics instead of greedy mana bases (not the bullshit people say in the B&R Threat like blood moon is a check for greeedy mana bases)

Thread Information