Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    So does this go in Belcher and co? Having something that reads "0: Scry 3. Cast this card only before your first turn. This card cannot be countered." might be okay if your gameplan hinges on drawing exactly the right cards before your opponent has a chance to interact.

EDIT: maybe Reanimator of all things. Being able to just play a 4/4 that makes your draws better could be a solid backup plan.

show and tell, reanimator? basically every combo deck that runs fow..
    pretty broken card tbh
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Poor green, only gets cool creatures when they also happen to be blue.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Any deck that has to make a pivotal T1–2 play should test the Sphinx. Chalices, fast combo, Reanimator, etc. will all benefit from having some number of Scry 3s if they start the game with the better part of their combo/lock in hand.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Any deck that has to make a pivotal T1–2 play should test the Sphinx. Chalices, fast combo, Reanimator, etc. will all benefit from having some number of Scry 3s if they start the game with the better part of their combo/lock in hand.
    Sphinx Stompy with 4x Predict, let's go boys!

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Sphinx Stompy with 4x Predict, let's go boys!
    It's lit. Turn 1 Chrome Mox Land Predict. Oh boy let's do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    It's lit. Turn 1 Chrome Mox Land Predict. Oh boy let's do it.
    Chome Mox -> Land -> Chalice on 1 ---> does it resolve, if yes Predict away Chalice #2 on top, combo

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Chome Mox -> Land -> Chalice on 1 ---> does it resolve, if yes Predict away Chalice #2 on top, combo
    Blue stompy in legacy is a go. Probably broke the format
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Multiple Scry 3s on T0 is going to be broken as fuck.

Given how much people brew with Yannifar on social media, it's probably only a matter of time until she gets broken in some way. That's something to watch out for.

E.g. Bloodlust Inciter can be used both as haste giver and combo piece as you can search for Scryb Ranger for the 2cc untap before going higher into the combo chain. That would be 5 mana and two cards to get going. Who knows what else people are going to come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Given how much people brew with Yannifar on social media, it's probably only a matter of time until she gets broken in some way. That's something to watch out for.

E.g. Bloodlust Inciter can be used both as haste giver and combo piece as you can search for Scryb Ranger for the 2cc untap before going higher into the combo chain. That would be 5 mana and two cards to get going. Who knows what else people are going to come up with.
    Scrying 9 when mulling to four is kinda meh
    Ten on a Mulligan, but then you'll have only 3 cards for your turbo Sphinx plan.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Then deceiver gets you to 4. Any 4 that can untap Vannifar?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Then deceiver gets you to 4. Any 4 that can untap Vannifar?

Actually, Spirit already got to infinite creatures here.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Do we really need to go up that high, though? Sure, Protean Hulk could fetch up something that insta-kills, but we already have this:

Quote Originally Posted by spirit of the wretch View Post
    Pestermite => Breaching Hippocamp => Karmic Guide (return Hippocamp) => kiki
    The kill probably should be kept as compact as possible, with the rest being utility, search (aka GSZ), protection (like Sylvan Savekeeper, maybe even Grand Abolisher in the SB), a whole bunch of mana dorks (which double as combo starters) and some Quirion Rangers/Scryb Rangers for redundancy. Brainstorms should help to put back unwanted combo pieces. Maybe even that 4 mana Brainstorm creature as long as you have some Rangers for emergency untaps.

But the core is probably a GSZ midrange deck that also has a tutorable combo kill.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

All this is being revealed only seven months after they banned Gitaxian Probe—a card that gave (notably less) free information for a steeper cost and continues to have done nothing wrong.

I got fired around the same time for incompetence that can only be described as paltry compared to this goat show.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub

Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?

Intruder Alarm should be a given with this crappy pod, right?
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

All this is being revealed only seven months after they banned Gitaxian Probe—a card that gave (notably less) free information for a steeper cost and continues to have done nothing wrong.

I got fired around the same time for incompetence that can only be described as paltry compared to this goat show.
    What are you going on about?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Intruder Alarm should be a given with this crappy pod, right?
    i think the ideas mentioned a bit earlier in the thread allow you to go infinite without requiring intruder alarm. this would allow for 1 card combo.
    -rob

Aug 2015
    The woods again

What are you going on about?
    They made a "mistake," then they corrected it, then they made precisely the same mistake a few months later.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

if you're saying that probe is worse than this scry 3 card....

is 2 life really a steeper cost than playing a 4 mana flyer that doesn't have a high impact on the game outside of starting hand? also notably less is about context. i'd much rather see my opponent's hand many times than seeing the first 3 cards of my deck.
    -rob

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post

is 2 life really a steeper cost than playing a 4 mana flyer that doesn't have a high impact on the game outside of starting hand? also notably less is about context. i'd much rather see my opponent's hand many times than seeing the first 3 cards of my deck.
    @mistercakes agreed, this Sphinx doesn't ramp delve mana by 1, and then replace itself to further fuel delve. It also doesn't combo with say Ponder/Fetchland after opening hands (until you're in 4 mana christmasland).

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post

It's not the long-game value of the Sphinx that matters, and the decks that will break it in half don't care what's in the opponent's hand. It's Scry 3–12 on your first turn in decks that have to make pivotal plays on or by turn 2.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Thread Information