Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

it does look fun with wheel of fortune (draw 7) kind of effects. 4 mana is a probably too prohibitive, but still could see some brewing.

it also turns burning inquiry into a dark ritual. :)
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    it does look fun with wheel of fortune (draw 7) kind of effects. 4 mana is a probably too prohibitive, but still could see some brewing.

it also turns burning inquiry into a dark ritual. :)
    Is there some (almost surely horrible) R/W deck that abuses Burning Inquiry, Winds of Change and other cheap draw cards to combo off in some weird way?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Is there some (almost surely horrible) R/W deck that abuses Burning Inquiry, Winds of Change and other cheap draw cards to combo off in some weird way?
    nope. i think that 3W is just a bit steep for legacy. maybe 1W with an effect that says target opponent would have worked.
    -rob

Ah this effect were like pay 1 Mana and on a bear it might make the cut. ]
    It's pretty easy to combo out if that hits the table. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone figures out how to make it work in modern.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

...it's designed primarily for EDH play...
    This should be punishable by death tbh.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Why the fuck is that four mana?!? Goddammnit, they actually print something that hoses blue shell in an interesting way, and then cost it at "LOL, play blue noobs!"
    It also generates mana from normal draws. That's part of the reason why it's so expensive.

Imagine firing off Prosperity in EDH with this in play. Or having fun with Teferi's Puzzle Box. Good times, good times.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    About Spawn of Mayhem:
    Aside from sharing some of the plus points of the new Sphinx (bolf-proof, AD-immune, air domination), it's worth mentioning that it's technically a 4-turn clock instead of a 5-turn clock due to the pinging each turn. That's pretty aggressive, especially when played on T3 and backed up with disruption.
    The tricky part is getting it out Turn 2-3 without diluting the deck with stuff like Gut Shot. This means running a creature heavy deck to do damage, because relying on Burn means this guy "costs" 4 mana even with the spectacle cost. So ideal play would be "Good creature that is reasonably likely to connect" turn 1 & 2, cast this turn 3 (or turn 2 if you're running accel) and then control with discard and or FOW and burn/attach opponent to death. So to make the deck work I think the gating issue is figuring out at least 10-12 "Good creatures that are reasonably likely to connect" ...

Rhystic treasure looks neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I worded my post very carefully in case "that guy" showed up.

I think his design is clever because his minus (read: loss of loyalty) is negated by his plus. There is an elegance there much like in Chandra Ablaze. Neither are particularly good, but thought and effort went into the design.
    Here I am

Agreed that Chandra Ablaze design is sweet, and don't get me wrong, I think Dovin is sweet too, I would love to resolve his -7.

I was just looking at it from a competitive standpoint - if you're in a position to be connecting with creatures, you're probably winning already, in which case, of course any planeswalker is great.

Mar 2007

Link, because picture is too big:

https://i.imgur.com/JsDGv3M.jpg

That's rather interesting for red. This can be used to cast Ancestral Vision, Wheel of Fate and the likes, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
    Not the first time I've seen this complaint of Judith not sounding fantasy-like and thus being out of place, and it makes little sense to me. Never seen anyone complain about Liliana, Karlov, Edgar, Thalia or others. Why is Judith bothersome?
    Sorry it took this long to respond. It’s probably the fact that I don’t know any lilianas, karlovs, edgars or thalias, but I do know 3 judiths. There’s something about names that really pull me out of the game, somehow. I’m glad I’m not in the majority in finding the name weird (ie I’m happy most people find it fine).

Some of these spoilers are pretty nutty though. Probably more so for nic fit and edh though. But still, curious to see how it’s gonna shake the meta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

That's rather interesting for red. This can be used to cast Ancestral Vision, Wheel of Fate and the likes, correct?
    R hypergenesis build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Turns it into a 3 cards combo instead of two, but with Hypergenesis, its 1 mana cheaper than S&T.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    The tricky part is getting it out Turn 2-3 without diluting the deck with stuff like Gut Shot. This means running a creature heavy deck to do damage, because relying on Burn means this guy "costs" 4 mana even with the spectacle cost. So ideal play would be "Good creature that is reasonably likely to connect" turn 1 & 2, cast this turn 3 (or turn 2 if you're running accel) and then control with discard and or FOW and burn/attach opponent to death. So to make the deck work I think the gating issue is figuring out at least 10-12 "Good creatures that are reasonably likely to connect" ...
    Turn 1 Swaftspear, lotus petal, attack for 2, dark ritual, demon. Damn I think I broke the format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Pair it with Kari Zev's Expertise and Sram's Expertise and then run the Balance and Wheel of Fortune suspend cards? Maybe throw in the white treasure enchantment? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    R hypergenesis build?
    Electrodominance has a CMC of 2, so it doesn't work well with cascade.

It's also a quicken effect, though I'm not sure how useful that is.

Pair it with Kari Zev's Expertise and Sram's Expertise and then run the Balance and Wheel of Fortune suspend cards? Maybe throw in the white treasure enchantment? I dunno.
    Could also run Ancestral Vision and maybe As Foretold.

Another possibility would be to package it with Land Tax, Mox Diamond, and Devastating Dreams like an aggro-loam knockoff.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Turn 1 Swaftspear, lotus petal, attack for 2, dark ritual, demon. Damn I think I broke the format
    Nah, format's fine. You were on the draw after your opponent played a fetch and passed. End of your turn they found a Tundra and Brainstormed. Then they untapped and miracled Terminus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Nah, format's fine. You were on the draw after your opponent played a fetch and passed. End of your turn they found a Tundra and Brainstormed. Then they untapped and miracled Terminus.
    The crazy part is that some people think the Tundra player is the one in the wrong, here!

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Sefir View Post
    I like it. It's worth pointing out that any this + Persist creature + any sac outlet goes infinite. But since it's a 3-card combo, that's probably more Modern stuff.

Thread Information