Thread: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Re: [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica & [RNA] Ravnica Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    While not outstanding, this looks pretty neat:

'Sprouting Renewal' 2G
    Sorcery
    Convoke
    Choose One:
    - Create a 2/2 green and white Elf Knight creature token with vigilance.
    - Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
    Reclamation sage seems far better to me

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Creeping chill requires "from your library into your graveyard" so if you're trying to recycle creeping chill that way it's not going to work.

I think it's Pull From Eternity,Riftsweeper and Mirror of Fate as cards that mess with 'generic' exiled cards.
    Well mesmeric orb besalt monolith is a self-mill combo, and if you have an eldrazi Titan in your deck you get to do it an infinite number of times. So that will count and I'll get 12 lifeloss in. The trick then is getting them back into the yard so I can do infinite damage, and unlike the first four horseman combo, which is now illegal because of the non-zero chance you keep flipping emrakul before your reanimate Target this one just needs to keep milling itself.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

That new creature that deals 3 will make Hoursman better.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

That new creature that deals 3 will make Hoursman better.
    There's a creature too?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    There's a creature too?
    Sorry, spell.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Sorry, spell.
    Right that's what I'm talking about. How to get from 12 that four copies of that spell can do to 20, what I need to close out a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Edit: Can you pay FoW's alternative casting cost if you steal it?
    Yes.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Right that's what I'm talking about. How to get from 12 that four copies of that spell can do to 20, what I need to close out a game.
    I don't think this strategy is viable until they print a similiar spell that allows you to reliably deal 20 total without having to jump through bullshit hoops.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Memory's Journey?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    The problem is that the card in question exiles itself. The deck already plays emrakul to make the yard shuffle back in
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Does it not work if you mill a Gaea's Blessing with the new spells and stack the triggers properly?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by chezJacques View Post
    Does it not work if you mill a Gaea's Blessing with the new spells and stack the triggers properly?
    Pretty sure if the card doesn't exile then it doesn't deal damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    The problem is that the card in question exiles itself. The deck already plays emrakul to make the yard shuffle back in
    Oh wait it does? I can't read apparently, my bad. Thought we just needed a way avoid randomly shuffling too soon.

Well mesmeric orb besalt monolith is a self-mill combo, and if you have an eldrazi Titan in your deck you get to do it an infinite number of times. So that will count and I'll get 12 lifeloss in. The trick then is getting them back into the yard so I can do infinite damage, and unlike the first four horseman combo, which is now illegal because of the non-zero chance you keep flipping emrakul before your reanimate Target this one just needs to keep milling itself.
    One approach would be to still use Narcomoeba/Dread Return and cash in the Creeping Chills as ways to get reshuffles. Lowering the opponent's life total is advancing the game state, right?

With Creeping Chill you can also run Flayer of the Hatebound as the dread return target instead of Sharuum the Hegemon/Blasting Station which makes the change to 'hit' 1/4 instead of 1/8.

I mean, it's cool we're all coming up with ways to "recycle" Creeping Chill. In reality, doesn't just milling yourself a whole bunch, letting the Creeping Chill's go off, then Dread Returning Lotleth Giant via Narcomoeba's also give a 1 turn kill for a lot less effort once you've milled yourself out?

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    Oh wait it does? I can't read apparently, my bad. Thought we just needed a way avoid randomly shuffling too soon.
    That's not a problem either: you can respond to emrakul by milling the rest of your deck. The act of untapping the monolith is what Mills the card, you can then respond to any triggers by tapping again to make mana to untap. The problem is that without something like Mirror of Fate you only end up with at most 12 points, because the card exiles itself, and milling your deck multiple times doesn't do anything. This set has some mill triggers it's unlikely but possible we get another one to finish this combo.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    I mean, it's cool we're all coming up with ways to "recycle" Creeping Chill. In reality, doesn't just milling yourself a whole bunch, letting the Creeping Chill's go off, then Dread Returning Lotleth Giant via Narcomoeba's also give a 1 turn kill for a lot less effort once you've milled yourself out?
    Yes and no. The ipg doesn't exactly allow for combos that say "eventually I'll mill these cards in the specific order I need in order to win" which is unfortunately what happens with the old four horseman combo: yes eventually the deck will mill a dread return and a Target before an emrakul goes into the yard but there's no guarantee how many iterations that will take, making it stalling.
    With this theoretical new plan you can say exactly how many iterations it will take.

Hmm... Chance at Glory is another instant-speed extra turn effect. That's something they basically did only once in the past with Final Fortune and now we have a bunch recently with Glorious End, Nexus of Fate and this card.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Hmm... Chance at Glory is another instant-speed extra turn effect. That's something they basically did only once in the past with Final Fortune and now we have a bunch recently with Glorious End, Nexus of Fate and this card.
    there were 2 portal reprints with the same effect, maybe 3? can't recall. RR sorc, take another turn, die the following turn.
    -rob

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    there were 2 portal reprints with the same effect, maybe 3? can't recall. RR sorc, take another turn, die the following turn.
    Indestructable creatures means it's obviously a "fair" strategy card. Besides, just stifle that trigger...
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information