Thread: Assorted modern cards I own

Assorted modern cards I own

I went 3-1 last night at modern fnm. The loss was to tron. Looking to make improvements...thinking 1 or 2 more volraz and maybe some battlerage or the phyrexian one that gives protection. The sb is a mess as I hadn't played modern in over a month and didn't know what to expect. Suggestions?

Combos are druid plus quillspike; finks plus quillspike; volraz plus deaths shadow.

4 devoted druid 3 quillspike 3 deaths shadow 1 volraz 4 collected company 4 bloodbraid elf 2 abrupt decay 2 Thoughtseize 2 collective brutality 2 kitesail freebooter 1 grim lavamancer 4 birds of paradise 2 scavenging ooze 4 kitchen finks 22 lands including 2 raging ravine

SB:
    4 lightning bolt
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 bitterblossom
    1 destructive revelry
    1 sowing salt
    3 fulminator mage

Jan 2017
    London

Re: Assorted modern cards I own

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    I went 3-1 last night at modern fnm. The loss was to tron. Looking to make improvements...thinking 1 or 2 more volraz and maybe some battlerage or the phyrexian one that gives protection. The sb is a mess as I hadn't played modern in over a month and didn't know what to expect. Suggestions?

Combos are druid plus quillspike; finks plus quillspike; volraz plus deaths shadow.

4 devoted druid 3 quillspike 3 deaths shadow 1 volraz 4 collected company 4 bloodbraid elf 2 abrupt decay 2 Thoughtseize 2 collective brutality 2 kitesail freebooter 1 grim lavamancer 4 birds of paradise 2 scavenging ooze 4 kitchen finks 22 lands including 2 raging ravine

SB:
    4 lightning bolt
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 bitterblossom
    1 destructive revelry
    1 sowing salt
    3 fulminator mage
    Maybe play crumble to dust over sowing salt xD

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by FGCmtg View Post
    Crumble gets hit by Ceremonious Rejection!
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FGCmtg View Post
    Salt has better flavour.

The second time playing the deck wasn’t great... 1-3 drop at a win a box. It looks like grindy midrange decks with tokens walkers and removal will be tough. I had a lot of coco misses so I think I’ll drop bbraid and maybe red entirely. Here is what I ran:

3 devoted druid 3 quillspike 3 deaths shadow 3 volraz 4 collected company 3 bloodbraid elf 3 abrupt decay 2 Thoughtseize 2 rhonas the indomitable 2 kitesail freebooter 1 grim lavamancer 4 birds of paradise 2 scavenging ooze 3 kitchen finks 22 lands including 2 raging ravine

SB:
    2 lightning bolt
    2 thoughtseize
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 bitterblossom
    1 destructive revelry
    1 blood moon
    3 fulminator mage

Thread Information