Thread: RGStuff By the creator of bigdrazi and dark depth

Hybrid View

RGStuff

I am playing with this deck right now It has lot of synergy and it crushed a lot of decks.

The synergy orcish lumberjack+titania/natural order/gsz.

Here is the improved version of the deck,

satyr+hogaak has a lot of synergies against tempish decks

safekeepers protect hogaak and combo with titania.

/// 60 Maindeck
    // 29 Creature
    2 Dryad Arbor
    4 Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis
    4 Orcish Lumberjack
    4 Satyr Wayfinder
    4 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    4 Sylvan Safekeeper
    1 Collector Ouphe
    2 Tinder Wall
    4 Bonecrusher Giant // Stomp

// 8 Instant
    4 Once Upon a Time
    4 Lightning Bolt

// 16 Land
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Taiga
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Forest

// 7 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Natural Order

// 15 Sideboard
    // 5 Creature
    SB: 2 Reclamation Sage
    SB: 2 Collector Ouphe
    SB: 1 Klothys, God of Destiny

// 7 Enchantment
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 3 Choke

// 3 Instant
    SB: 3 Ancient Grudge

Previous versions that the deck evolved from :

// 60 Maindeck
    // 3 Artifact
    3 Pithing Needle

// 20 Creature
    1 Birds of Paradise
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Dragonlord Atarka
    4 Orcish Lumberjack
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper
    2 Tireless Tracker
    4 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Tinder Wall
    1 Xantid Swarm

// 4 Instant
    4 Crop Rotation

// 22 Land
    3 Dark Depths
    4 Forest
    2 Taiga
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wooded Foothills
    1 Bayou

// 11 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Natural Order
    3 Sylvan Scrying

// 15 Sideboard
    // 2 Artifact
    SB: 2 Null Rod

// 4 Creature
    SB: 1 Progenitus
    SB: 2 Reclamation Sage
    SB: 1 Ruric Thar, the Unbowed

// 3 Enchantment
    SB: 3 Leyline of the Void

// 3 Instant
    SB: 3 Ancient Grudge

// 3 Land
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 Maze of Ith
    SB: 1 Ghost Quarter

EDIT : testing has shown that 3CC trinisphere are too slow against storm i splitted into 2 thorn 2 null rod, I didn't like these trinis
    also I cut a taiga for a fetch it has been ok so far and i didn't have issues with that

cutted the fast elvish spirit guide guide for 4 sylvan scrying

cutted one scrying for a safekkeper main.

in testing ooze and ruric are not good maindeck i don't side them much

testing has shown the deck is both worse than elf and lands so i don't think it is good enough ...

added tireless tracker they are awesome
    Last edited by adrieng; 04-25-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Re: RGStuff By the creator of bigdrazi and dark depth

No Dryad Arbor as a GSZ/fetchland target and NO fodder?

Orcish lumberjack is one of my favourite cards! You want at least 1 primeval titan. 4 Tinder wall seems odd with 0 Drs.

Lumberjack is the best! The vintage applejacks deck (basically a value survival engine + lumberjacks) was sooooooo much fun to play when vintage first came to mtgo. 4 titania's is just beautiful too, cool list.

there are 2 dryad in the deck they are counted as creature by coca

kinda
    Orcish lumberjack is one of my favourite cards! You want at least 1 primeval titan. 4 Tinder wall seems odd with 0 Drs.
    you want to accelerate into big stuff and dont want to eat your fetch in graveyard cause they are needed for titania
    grim monolith has been tested inferno titan also but it was in a previous build without the dark depth combo this build is better
    primeval titan is not needed it is 6CC so harder to hardcast than titania and can fetch the combo but you dont want to overload on target.
    primary targets are dragon to wipe out the board or titania to kill if you have a crop

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    there are 2 dryad in the deck they are counted as creature by coca
    Ah, I hate that! I was like, "I know him better than to leave those out!" Deck looks sweet. Gonna give it a try.

I'm still pretty sure you'd be happy swapping out a needle for a prime time NO target. Good point on Drs...maybe one birds then.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    No NO is a no-no.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

One of the guys in the Lands Discord sent me this and I'm going to test it:

//Creatures:
    1 Birds of Paradise
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Dragonlord Atarka
    4 Orcish Lumberjack
    1 Primeval Titan
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper
    1 Thragtusk
    2 Tireless Tracker
    3 Titania, Protector of Argoth

//Enchantments:
    1 Sylvan Library

//Sorceries:
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Natural Order
    3 Sylvan Scrying

//Instants:
    4 Crop Rotation

//Artifacts:
    3 Pithing Needle

//Lands:
    1 Bayou
    3 Dark Depths
    2 Dryad Arbor
    4 Forest
    2 Taiga
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wooded Foothills

//Sideboard:
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Choke
    1 Elderscale Wurm
    1 Karakas
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Obstinate Baloth
    1 Progenitus
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Naya Garbage Pile

Lands

2 Dark Depths
    2 Thespian's Stage
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Taiga
    3 Forest
    2 Wasteland
    2 Dryad Arbor
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    2 Savannah
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas

Spells
    3 Crop Rotation
    3 Natural Order
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Mox Diamond
    2 Life from the Loam

Creatures

3 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1 Primeval Titan
    4 Orcish Lumberjack
    1 Dragonlord Atarka
    1 Thragtusk
    2 Sylvan Safekeeper
    1 Tireless Tracker
    4 Knight of the Reliquary
    1 Birds of Paradise

Sideboard

1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Pyroblast
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Choke
    1 Elderscale Wurm
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Bane of Progress
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Krosan Grip

I've been playing around with this for a while now. I started with the original GR things list with needles/scrying etc. As i kept playing, the deck just felt weak on threats when disrupted and had many clunky draws without lumberjack/dork sticking. (hard call with bolts/pushes etc).. which led me to Knight of the Reliquary. I was already splashing white for gaddock teeg in the board and figured that knight allows this deck to tutor up the combo, big threat, makes dudes with titania, good GSZ target. With more white you can add more combo hate pieces like thalia which pressures+hate.

Over 5 leagues or so, I've managed to clock a respectable overall 55% win rate vs the field with different iterations. This Naya variant has so far been the most competitive one. Deck is soft vs combo but I've had a great time vs pile, miracles, and other BUGx decks. Grixis can be rough if they do their delver thing. Bolts/Plow could be worth looking at in the board.

I might be straying too close to maverick but Knight is absurd in this deck.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Whatever happened to this deck? I thought it was such a cool idea! Would love to see it developed further.

Re: RGStuff

I'm just using the challenge list still. I haven't had a chance to play much since Sunday and I like to get a lot of games under my belt before I make changes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Slowly picking up the cards I'm missing for this deck (NO, Primetime, Dragon, Titania) just so I can play this sometimes on a break from Loam. Why is Dragonlord one of the go to NO targets? Because it can clear the field? Has anyone used Archon of Valor's Reach or Ramunap Excavator in this deck? Is there any reasoning to a 2nd Dryad Arbor? or too awkward in opening hands I guess.

Why only 2 Lumberjack and 2 Natural order? Diversify?
    Last edited by hovercraft; 10-17-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Loam/Ice Station Zebra/Depths/Jund/GB Pox

hi guys

first time poster(well, first in a long time any way).

going to post my version of this concept here. it has some similarities to the list already posted but kinda operates on some other game plans as well. if it feels different enough, i will gladly start it's own thread so as to not gum up this one.

this is a project i've been working on for the better part of 6 months plus on my own. the applejacks list that popped up felt like a bit of validation of concept(rg unfair) to continue working on it. i've tried a lot of iterations but my current list feels like the most well rounded and stable. anyway enough talk, the list already!

jkibbs rg monsters

3 natural order
    3 sneak attack
    3 nahiri, the harbinger
    1 woodfall primus
    1 dragonlord atarka
    1 emrakul, aeons torn
    3 green sun zenith
    3 orcish lumberjack
    4 tinder wall
    1 fierce empath
    1 eternal witness
    1 ranunap excavator
    1 huntmaster of the fells
    1 knight of the reliquary
    1 primeval titan
    2 sylvan library
    4 punishing fire
    1 life from the loam

2 elvish spirit guide

1 dryad arbor
    2 taiga
    2 savannah
    2 wooded foothills
    3 windswept heath
    1 plains
    1 mountain
    2 forest
    3 wasteland
    3 grove of the burnwillows
    1 karakas
    1 thespian stage
    1 dark depths

sideboard
    3 red elemental blast
    3 surgical extraction
    1 ancient grudge
    2 containment priest
    1 gaddock teeg
    2 swords to plowshares
    2 blessed alliance
    1 elesh norn, grand cenobite

so while this deck can operate like a pseudo loam list, it is much more in its element when its trying to play unfair. its main plan is to make 4 mana on turn 2 and do something busted(the 3 easy ways are: t1 jack off taiga, t1 wall into t2 land drop, t1 GSZ for arbor into t2 land #3 into wall). it can actually make more in certain cases but t2 sneak, order or nahiri are all pretty good starts to the game. this deck came about as a desire for me to play an emarakul deck but run less emrakul. i did this originally by playing 4 GSZ and 2 empath which allows to GSZ to put emrakul into hand for a sneak or through the breach(my original list was 4 sneak 4 breach 3 order). if we have an active sneak in play then this also allows us the NO for empath and sneak emrakul(we can also sneak empath from hand into sneak emarkul if we have access to RR and empath in hand). t2 nahiri means t4 attacking emrakul and t2 NO can mean all sorts of issues for our opp ranging from DD combo or 2 wastelands or groves or just wiping their board and an 8/8 flying trample beater. primus was terrestadon but the elephant just gives our opp too much residual value if we use it via sneak. primus is 2/3 the destruction(off sneak) with none of the draw backs and is still a persisting 6/6 trample that likely hits a land on t2. it also has utility value of hitting bridges or other problem non creature permanents.

so one of my reasons for posting this list is to get some help with my SB. it feels a bit clunky atm but maybe some of my bad match ups are just tough no matter what i do(ub reanimator, and show n tell variants). anyway enjoy the list, and ideas are welcome. i'm happy to go more in depth on card choices if anyone is curious.

random all stars of the deck: sylvan library, tinder wall, excavator. seriously all of these cards are so good in this list it's insane.

btw hovercraft, i run DL as a general sweeper and solid clock. 8/8 is serious body and its a legit one sided wrath vs a lot of fair legacy decks and it's the best effect of its type we can NO for. it can be karakased back to our hand which can be annoying ..... but we also run karakas so we can abuse it off of our sneak attack. sneak+karakas+dragon all together is basically impossible to beat for much of the fair part of the format. unfair decks don't care but there are a lot of decks do.

Lurker
    May 2007
    Berkeley, CA

Hello,
    I've had some fun and not-categorically-terrible results with this at my weekly lately.

I've been experimenting with a variation on this theme based largely on this build:
    https://mtgtop8.com/event?e=20909&d=338435&f=LE

My list is:

2 Orcish Lumberjack
    2 Birds of Paradise
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Knight of Autumn
    4 Knight of the Reliquary
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1 Archon of Valor's Reach
    1 Dragonlord Atarka

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Natural Order
    2 Life from the Loam
    3 Punishing Fire
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Mox Diamond

1 Maze of Ith
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Karakas
    1 Scattered Grove
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    4 Wasteland
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Scattered Groves
    1 Savannah
    2 Taiga
    2 Forest
    1 Plains

SB:
    1 Ruric Thar
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Ancient Grudge
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Blazing Volley (theoretically for Mom decks and Elves)
    2 Choke
    2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Pithing Needle (not sure what this is for, might cut it)

A few weeks ago I lost with a v.similar list to Elves and Dredge (while beating Pox and I think the bye) and the sideboard is tuned accordingly.

Last night:

R1 vs. Maverick
    Mulled to 5 game one, he STP'd my Birds and Wastelanded me, put together a wall of Moms and Hierarchs and beat me down with Scavenging Ooze. Think I got Titania out but it didn't matter against all that protection.

G2 he tried to do the same thing, putting three Hierarchs and two summoning-sick Moms on the board by turn 3. I got to live the dream and Natural Order for Dragonlord Atarka and wipe his board 5-for-1 style. Or really six-for-two since I traded a Natural Order and Birds for three druids, two clerics and a STP. Anyway made me feel like a cowboy and he scooped soon thereafter.

Mulled to 6 game three. Drew a lot of blanks and ended the game with Atarka and a Natural Order in my hand. Before I died I managed to hardcast Archon of Valor's Reach naming instants. He looked at his next card, said "I'm sorry" and slammed Palace Jailer. Skull emoji.

0-1

R2 vs. Miracles
    G1 was 25 minutes long but could've been closed a lot faster if I'd realized Mission Briefing is a card in that deck now and used Bojuka Bog accordingly. Eventually he scooped for time because Punishing Grove + ~8 lands is real good vs. his deck. Side note: it feels reeeeaaal good to grind against Miracles so hard they feel like THEY'RE the ones worried about time.

G2 he got a Back to Basics and Jace in fairly short order and I died.

G3 a very awkward draw got very good when I managed to T1 Mox, Loam, get back lands, then topdeck and play out two more Moxes, effectively blanking the Back to Basics he played. He surgical'd Loam but it didn't matter; he kept trying to kill stuff like Orcish Lumberjacks and I kept having more threats and eventually we wound up in turns with KOTR on the board and Depths in play.

I was afraid of awkward whoever-blinks-second-wins shenanigans making it hard for me to stack activating Knight to get Stage, but I got extremely lucky and topdecked Stage on T1 of turns. I activated it on his endstep T2, holding up Knight. I then topdecked REB, again feeling like a cowboy or possibly a man wearing a tanktop and headband.

Thus when I went to attack with Marit Lage T3 he quickly showed me AK and Terminus on top I replied "FIRST OF ALL." Red blast. He then went to STP and I activated Knight for Sejiri Steppe. We got there. Praise hands emoji.

1-1

R3 vs. U/R Landstill
    G1 I mulled and he had multiple FOWs for KOTR and whatnot and quickly beat me down with Factory and Faerie Conclave.

G2 His deck did not show up and I played Choke and beat him down while holding various other threats in hand.

G3 He played a T1 Conclave, I Wastelanded it. Once he was on two lands he played a Standstill and I fetched a Dryad Arbor. We then played about 10 turns of draw-go + in-for-1 while he waited to draw another manland, with him eventually cleanup discarding AKs and me playing out a lot of lands, including Wasteland and Maze of Ith. Finally he broke his own Standstill with Fact or Fiction on my endstep. The game ended with me grinding away his life total with Punishing Fire and Dryad Arbor while holding more action.

2-1

R4 vs. Punishing Blood Sun Depths (?)
    We only played one for fun before I had to scram. He told me he doesn't love this matchup; I think that's partly because I play a ton of lands so Trinisphere isn't ruinous, plenty of threats that don't care about Chalice, and being able to Crop Rotation straight into Marit Lage against Blood Sun is real dumb.

So yeah. The list still needs polish and may always just be kinda clunky and random and also often bad against fast combo, but it's been a welcome break from Grixis Control for me. Major props to everyone who put in work to help brew this; it's fun.
    "It possesses no intelligence, only counter-intelligence."

Such a cool idea for a deck.

Correct me if I am wrong but Orcish Lumberjack can regularly generate 5 mana on turn 2 correct?

Turn 1: Land + Lumberjack
    Turn 2: Another land, tap both lands for 2 mana, tap Lumberjack and sac a land for an additonal 3 mana.

That 5 mana on turn 2 can be used to play either a Titania on turn 2, or a GSZ for 0 to grab a Dryad Arbor and sac it to cast Natural Order -> Progenitus turn two.

Both are very strong plays, but both require an Orcish Lumberjack in your opening hand.

Would adding Veteran Explorer + Cabal Therapy to provide another route for mana acceleration and to improve consistency be a good idea? Explorer can be sacced to Natural Order as well.

Thread Information