Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

[M19] M19 Spoilers

Feels like with spoiler season never ends . . .

Apex of Power 7RRR
    Sorcery
    Exile the top seven cards of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast nonland cards exiled this way.
    If this spell cast from your hand, add ten mana of any one color.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [M19] M19 Spoilers

http://mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html

A bunch of new stuff, although most of it is either filler or is overcosted crap.

New Planeswalker, although I can't see how she would be better than Nissa at this cost:

The only thing that stood out to me as a big maybe is this (for Soldier Stompy):

Probably not really any practical use for legacy, but I liked Desecrated Tomb:
    Artifact - 3
    Whenever a creature leaves your graveyard, put a 1/1 bat token with flying into play.

Good for quirky dredge builds or zombie/reanimator decks (not griselbrand ones, but zombardment, stuff like that). Maybe some fringe with embalm/eternalize in standard. Decks that involve ichorid would get 2 bats per activation.

Seems kind of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Worth paying attention to the 3 mana look at top x cards and grab one of type creatures that mayb e a cycle. Depending on abilities, and creature type (obviously) red could be goblin playable.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Infernal Judgement B
    Instant
    Exile target colorless creature. You gain life equal to its power.

. . . SB if Eldrazi or Affinity ever become DTB again?

Infernal Judgement B
    Instant

It's just a weirdly narrow swords...

Nexus of Fate is interesting. It's a 7 mana Time Walk (bad) but it's an Instant and it self-recurs into your library (good).

Seven mana Instants have dominated Standard pretty recently. I can see this being very, very powerful in control shells.

This is for Standard and Modern obviously, not Legacy.

Reddit seems to be losing their mind that the buy a box is a playable card, and it seems to be incredibly strong in the existing Teferi decks in Standard. I can't imagine this will go well if the card becomes a standard staple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Infernal Judgement B
    Instant

Seems pretty reasonable for Vintage. Can't imagine it ever sees play in Legacy unless the meta goes ass over heels with Chalices.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Militia Burgler & Mentor of the Meek might find his place in D&T and Demon of Catastrophes in some spicy NicFit or the Gate. It is great the Demon does not trigger from Aether Vial.
    Turn 4, 6/6 flying, trample, no downside -> Yes Please

Militia Bugler
    2W
    Creature - Human Soldier
    Vigilance

When Militia Bugler enters the battlefield, look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card with power 2 or less from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

2/3

Mentor of the Meek
    2W
    Creature - Human Soldier
    Whenever another creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 1. If you do, draw a card.

2/2

Demon of Catastrophes
    2BB
    Creature - Demon
    As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature.

Flying, trample

6/6

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Yeah no, those aren't for Nic Fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Yeah no, those aren't for Nic Fit.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

Have more hope for NicFit
    Turn 3 Veteran Explorer into turn 4 demon is gross

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

Have more hope for NicFit
    Turn 3 Veteran Explorer into turn 4 demon is gross
    Give me a heads up when they turn green. Still not a fan of the having to sac a creature for it at that manacost though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Mentor of the Meek might find his place in D&T
    It's a reprint lul

Edit: I'm not willing to call the buyabox card 'very strong' at this stage but the fact that it's constructed playable at all is a concern (unlike the RW Minotaur Legend)
    WotC has insisted that the PW deck cards and Buyabox Cards and Chinese Duel Deck cards will all be useless in constructed but they have clearly demonstrated that they aren't the best judge of this metric with the swath of recent standard bans.
    I'm not overly disappointed in the bans themselves because I appreciate there are inherent risks when trying to make interesting and powerful cards, I just wish they would realise that they are far from perfect in this regard and therefore shouldn't try to release 'weak' cards through such limited channels

Infernal Judgement B
    Instant

Looks like sideboard card for Modern.
    Who is the demon in the art?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    Definitely a way for Jund to have a little more business against Tron/Eldrazi, a historically bad matchup.

The Act-on-Impulse-on-Steroids that costs 10 mana saw a little discussion in the Ruby Storm thread, but a more exciting card for that deck recently is Bonus Round.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    Could be a take on Ob Nixilis, but departs considerably from previous art on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Anyone else laughing at Luminous Bonds and Marauder's Axe being at 3 and 2 mana respectively?

Cuz Pacifism and Bonesplitter are wreaking terrible havoc with all dat powurrrr!
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    WotC has insisted that the PW deck cards and Buyabox Cards and Chinese Duel Deck cards will all be useless in constructed but they have clearly demonstrated that they aren't the best judge of this metric with the swath of recent standard bans.
    I still like the Buy-a-Box Surgical Extraction
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Anyone else laughing at Luminous Bonds and Marauder's Axe being at 3 and 2 mana respectively?

Cuz Pacifism and Bonesplitter are wreaking terrible havoc with all dat powurrrr!
    Not really relevant for legacy, but pacifism and bonespliter are both amazing in limited.

Thread Information