Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Re: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Technics View Post
    Exactly, so now 10's of thousands of Standard players will want copies of the Mythic to play in their standard decks... It's not like it's some unplayable card like Scapeshift that will see little/no standard play. This will be an in demand staple in Standard for years.
    If they print Crucible and Scapeshift in the same set, I think it's safe to assume we're getting some stuff for that in the not to distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    No immediate use? There are cycle duals and deserts in Standard, plus Inventor's Fair. But those rotate soon, so meh.

Field of Ruin is going to be Standard-legal for another year, though, and with RtRtR coming up this fall (and thus, the inevitable return of shocklands), it's going to have a field day.
    Not sure about that. Ramunap Excavator has seen virtually no Standard play even with the cycle lands, deserts, and Field of Ruin. Granted, it is limited to Green decks, but if combining Crucible with those other cards was a decent strategy, I think we would've seen a bigger impact from Excavator.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Well this here is certainly something. Has a few uses beyond Pithing Needle in that it can hose dark depths with out Hexmage getting around it, and this can also shut off mana production, for Cradle or posts if that's something you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/Sda9ugB.png

Well this here is certainly something. Has a few uses beyond Pithing Needle in that it can hose dark depths with out Hexmage getting around it, and this can also shut off mana production, for Cradle or posts if that's something you desire.
    This might be another attempt to go after tron in modern, but it seems like a pretty weak card since it color fixes the opponent even if it does stop something potent.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    This might be another attempt to go after tron in modern, but it seems like a pretty weak card since it color fixes the opponent even if it does stop something potent.
    I think in all the matchups where you actually want this card the impact will be high enough that you don't care about giving your opponent a rainbow land
    In legacy I think this card should be naming Depths like 99% of the time (And maybe Cloudpost or Inkmoth Nexus for the other 1%)

In modern it's nice that it turns Tron off for 1 mana (and you can play it in e.g. Affinity and not have it disable your manlands), you just have to decide between your anti-tron card additionally stopping either Valakut or Grapeshot/KCI (and if you aren't playing Red then I guess that decision is made for you)

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post

I must say I quite like what they did there. It's a hate-piece against "unfair" lands that won't completely destroy your opponent's game plan, and you can't abuse it to get an unfair advantage yourself. Now give us something like this that punishes cantrips, and let's see where the rabbit hole leads to 8)

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Interesting hate piece; a mini Containment Priest of sorts with a potentially relevant tribal aspect.

Is SnT regarded a problematic matchup for Merfolk?

FINALLY!!!!!

Exactly what we needed! More combo hate pieces with a low cost and strong effects that could be played in Delver or 3-4CC Good Stuff!!!

The blue one even break the color pie!! So awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax- View Post
    FINALLY!!!!!

Exactly what we needed! More combo hate pieces with a low cost and strong effects that could be played in Delver or 3-4CC Good Stuff!!!

Agreed. They seem resolute on printing shit for t1 decks, while further tanking fringe and exciting decks like post.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

FINALLY!!!!!

Combo hate with a body for the DRS+BlueShell. How convenient. Why not make it a 2/1 flier or it applying to tokens as well so we can stop pretending anything but BUGx goodstuff is playable?

Joke aside, why is stuff like this not white or green to give those colors more outs against various combo deck, but blue to give the already dominant color/decks even more tools?
    Last edited by Lemnear; 06-19-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Rtfc
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Combo hate with a body for the DRS+BlueShell. How convenient. Why not make it a 2/1 flier or it applying to tokens as well so we can stop pretending anything but BUGx goodstuff is playable?

Joke aside, why is stuff like this not white or green to give those colors more outs against various combo deck, but blue to give the already dominant color/decks even more tools?
    Because WOTC gives a total of zero fucks for Legacy.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Containment Priest and Hallowed Moonlight show it's clearly a white effect. Why it had to be colorshifted, and to blue out of all things, really puzzles me. I sent a question to Blogatog about it, maybe Maro picks it up. But then again, he might come up with a total horseshit reasoning like he did with TNN ("hurr durr, blue is the best protection color when it doesn't come to color protection" - which was completely wrong based on hard, cold facts).

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

("hurr durr, blue is the best protection color when it doesn't come to color protection" - which was completely wrong based on hard, cold facts).
    As long as it's a made up game they can just make up facts, no point banging your head against the wall.

Don't get me wrong, I'm banging my head too; I just know there's no point.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Soon we won't even have to bother with duals prices because everyone will just play mono blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    100% this. WotC gives less than zero consideration for legacy when designing cards. And, WotC has a boner for blue not being good enough since they nerfed the shit out of counter spells in standard, so they have been reacting by ramping blues power level in other areas. Which, you know, makes sense given how terrible blue is across all formats. Wait... what?

But then again, he might come up with a total horseshit reasoning like he did with TNN ("hurr durr, blue is the best protection color when it doesn't come to color protection" - which was completely wrong based on hard, cold facts).
    With the run up to Battlebond, Gavin came out and admitted that the early Commander sets were used for legacy plants, and called out TNN specifically. That means that TNN wasn't even an accident. Some genius at WotC, looked at Legacy, and said "you know what BLUE needs? A cheap threat that is near impossible to deal with once it resolves".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    So why they keep printing hate for Legacy decks?

They don't. they keep printing hate for Modern decks, and it has the added benefit of 1) being applicable in Legacy and 2) being blue, because LoL blue.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Observe this and be enlightened:

Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    100% this. WotC gives less than zero consideration for legacy when designing cards. And, WotC has a boner for blue not being good enough since they nerfed the shit out of counter spells in standard, so they have been reacting by ramping blues power level in other areas. Which, you know, makes sense given how terrible blue is across all formats. Wait... what?
    And this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    They don't. they keep printing hate for Modern decks, and it has the added benefit of 1) being applicable in Legacy and 2) being blue, because LoL blue.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Good idea, we keep that in mind for future printings.

Regards.
    Wizards of the Coast.

Thread Information