Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: [M19] M19 Spoilers

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post

https://imgur.com/gallery/Txruj9G

Why couldn't this target yourself? We needed an anti-poison hatebear!
    You mean like Melira, Sylvok Outcast?
    She's even a green 2/2, like real bears.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Energy. This was the energy counter hoser that would have been nice in Standard four sets ago but which is sadly irrelevant now in a land of red creatures with haste.
    Totally missed that. Yea I see that, its like Kataki long after they went "Oh Shit" and banned everything out of Mirrodin.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Totally missed that. Yea I see that, its like Kataki long after they went "Oh Shit" and banned everything out of Mirrodin.
    This set is actually bizarrely full of late "Oh shit, here's a hate card" entries. You've got Mistcaller and Infernal Reckoning for the Aetherworks Marvel deck, this thing for Marvel and the multicolor energy decks, Smelt for Vehicles, all of the token hate that's presumably directed at Saprolings and Vampires even though those decks are stillborn in Standard right now...it's like once they decided they needed a Core Set as a safety valve for Standard, they decided to pull out all the stops.

Too bad the ban list mopped up all of these problems already. Oh well.

New Pox-like card, but it's 5 mana. Dunno how playable that is in a Pox style deck.

3BB Fraying Omnipotence

Each player loses half life, discards half cards, sacrifices half creatures. Round up.

Hmm, doesn't hit lands. Useless.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    New Pox-like card, but it's 5 mana. Dunno how playable that is in a Pox style deck.

3BB Fraying Omnipotence

Each player loses half life, discards half cards, sacrifices half creatures. Round up.

Hmm, doesn't hit lands. Useless.
    Unplayable.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Seems like a pure edh card.
    -rob

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

This set is actually bizarrely full of late "Oh shit, here's a hate card" entries. You've got Mistcaller and Infernal Reckoning for the Aetherworks Marvel deck, this thing for Marvel and the multicolor energy decks, Smelt for Vehicles, all of the token hate that's presumably directed at Saprolings and Vampires even though those decks are stillborn in Standard right now...it's like once they decided they needed a Core Set as a safety valve for Standard, they decided to pull out all the stops.

Yeah for sure, this set looks like a bunch of extra card designs that didn't end up making it to the final product. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing but there certainly have been some interesting cards in this set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

While having hate cards is a good thing, it's really bizarre how extremely narrow (and thus pretty much unusable) most of those cards are. E.g. Amulet of Safekeeping is Skylasher-tier in terms of narrowness.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

As a hate card, this one is really weak. As a 1/4 for though, this is about what sorts of function to expect. Honestly though, I'm having a hard time finding much of any use for this card, given the narrow text. This one is like, Sorrow's Path kinda useless.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    As a hate card, this one is really weak. As a 1/4 for though, this is about what sorts of function to expect. Honestly though, I'm having a hard time finding much of any use for this card, given the narrow text. This one is like, Sorrow's Path kinda useless.
    My thought too. I thought the ability might be relevant, but I can't really think of anything to do with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007

Not too sure what to think about that one. Doesn't seem Legacy-good to me on the first glance.

Arcane Encyclopedia
    Artifact

3, T: Draw a card.

Uncommon

Really only relevant if you're old enough to remember when Jayemdae Tome was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Not too sure what to think about that one. Doesn't seem Legacy-good to me on the first glance.
    Blue Stax: He produces Smokestack fodder and Thopters win through Ensnaring Bridge...

Gesendet von meinem CS40 mit Tapatalk

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by P210 View Post
    Blue Stax: He produces Smokestack fodder and Thopters win through Ensnaring Bridge...
    He's also best buddies with the new Karn as you curve into them and they complement each other rather well. Both can produce tokens that grow Karn's tokens, the artifacts boost Tezzeret's draw. Once the red menace is over, Standard is going to have field day with this as you shit out tokens and card advantage out the wazoo.

Arcane Encyclopedia
    Artifact

3, T: Draw a card.

Uncommon

Really only relevant if you're old enough to remember when Jayemdae Tome was good.
    This card seems pretty good.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Hah! Skeleton Archer has creature types 'skeleton archer'. Pretty lazy of WotC... Are there any other creatures like this whose name is simply it's creature types?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post

Hah! Skeleton Archer has creature types 'skeleton archer'. Pretty lazy of WotC... Are there any other creatures like this whose name is simply it's creature types?

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    God I miss Banding rules arguments. I almost want to fire up MTGO again and see if I can build a Banding deck just for the luls of seeing the system crash.

God I miss Banding rules arguments. I almost want to fire up MTGO again and see if I can build a Banding deck just for the luls of seeing the system crash.
    Banding was the funniest thing when we all first cracked open our revised starter decks. We mangled it so repeatedly, and everyone mangled it differently.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post

Elvish Scout is an Elf Scout.

The bigger question, is why aren't Giant Spiders, creature types Giant and Spider?

Come on Wotc :P

Thread Information