Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Re: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    At least post the card:

What does it hit? Manadorks (especially DRS), Vial, Mom, Delver, various Elf creatures, fringe stuff like Veteran Explorer, burn creatures, etc.
    Would it really have killed them to have it say 1 or less?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    1 mana exile target land seems like a good thing to have in the format.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Yes. That thing would kill lands otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

You mean for bring able to remove chalice @ 2, Marit Lage or flipped Delver? Yeah, would have favored that as well.

Edit: Of course it would need a non-land clause
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    You mean for bring able to remove chalice @ 2, Marit Lage or flipped Delver? Yeah, would have favored that as well.

Edit: Of course it would need a non-land clause
    Transformed cards retain their cmc now I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Transformed cards retain their cmc now I think?
    As worded I think Isolate can actually exile transformed Legion's Landing. Can anyone confirmed the land side has cmc1?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    As worded I think Isolate can actually exile transformed Legion's Landing. Can anyone confirmed the land side has cmc1?
    flip cards have the same cmc on both sides. so yes, i guess flipped legion's landing can be exiled by this spell.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

My bad, folks
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    1 mana exile target land seems like a good thing to have in the format.
    “nonland permanent” and you had a decent card. It wouldn’t even have killed Chalice and I wouldn’t have played it even in a list with 4 StP favouring Disenchant..

Reaction cards must be super broad to find their slots

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    “nonland permanent” and you had a decent card. It wouldn’t even have killed Chalice and I wouldn’t have played it even in a list with 4 StP favouring Disenchant..

Reaction cards must be super broad to find their slots
    It seems like the 'cantrip cartel' meta pushes the card out pretty hard: Brainstorm decks would rather play cantrips, it gets clipped by most of the same hate as brainstorm, so anti-brainstorm decks don't want to play it, and the variety in hate cards is too big to make it viable in all-in combo.

It didn't click the first time I saw it, but that's a Rare. That's some hot garbage to pull as your rare in a pack. I know it's a core set but come on.

That's along with the B: Exile target Eldrazi card too.

Wonder if the other colors are going to have trash 1cc conditional crap removal too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I think it really is better the more non creatures it kills. If you want to kill creatures you have much better options. This shines when it hits non creatures. Ironically this would've been an answer to opposing tops. Basically it kills vial? What other 1 cmc non creatures matter in the format? I guess exploration and it can hit needles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I think Isolate would have been a sexy card if it said "nonland" and "or less" and was also uncounterable or something. Or if they put "permanent or spell". Yes, I understand there is history here. But as it is, the card is too narrow by a good margin for the one format where it looks like it might have a home. The format would have to be deep in the grips of a broken permanent to need this card with the way it is printed now. And even then this would suck as an answer.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Liliana's Contract is bad, but man is it an interesting alt-win con. I heartily approve of this card.

Liliana's Contract
    3BB
    Uncommon

Enchantment

When Liliana's Contract enters the battlefield, you draw four cards and you lose 4 life.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control four or more Demons with different names, you win the game.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Liliana's Contract is bad, but man is it an interesting alt-win con. I heartily approve of this card.

Liliana's Contract
    3BB
    Uncommon

Enchantment

When Liliana's Contract enters the battlefield, you draw four cards and you lose 4 life.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control four or more Demons with different names, you win the game.
    Looks like a worse Infernal Contract me *shrugs*

Join us at Facebook!

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I think it really is better the more non creatures it kills. If you want to kill creatures you have much better options. This shines when it hits non creatures. Ironically this would've been an answer to opposing tops. Basically it kills vial? What other 1 cmc non creatures matter in the format? I guess exploration and it can hit needles?
    Not quite, would have needed split second or a clause that said "when this spell has no legal target as it resolves, target opponent mills 3 cards"

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    The format would have to be deep in the grips of a broken permanent to need this card with the way it is printed now.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...lation/page976
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Txruj9G

Why couldn't this target yourself? We needed an anti-poison hatebear!

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

What puts counters on a player that they want to keep outside of EDH anyway? Experience counters?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    What puts counters on a player that they want to keep outside of EDH anyway? Experience counters?
    Energy. This was the energy counter hoser that would have been nice in Standard four sets ago but which is sadly irrelevant now in a land of red creatures with haste.

Thread Information